Any difference in Wilson's pocket stance?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I know Schotty and Wilson is emphasizing a wider base and as a result a quicker trigger in the pocket.
I like the idea but hope they don't tweak too much. A wider base may lend to a higher risk of getting his legs rolled on or potentially reducing his height/vision in the pocket.
I bring this up for curiosity sake as I haven't seen much difference in his drop back and stance which to me is good.
As for ideal throwing motions we know Wilson can throw from all angles and on the move.

Anybody have thoughts on this?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Yep.
DefinitiveGloomyArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Let’s hope we don’t see all 5 O-lineman laying on the ground and 5 defenders coming at Russ.
Hopefully that technique was flushed when Cabevell was.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Read in a recent article that Schotty wants him to stop and survey the field at the end of his drop back.

Something to watch for tomorrow evening.

Seymour

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":39eca60i said:
Read in a recent article that Schotty wants him to stop and survey the field at the end of his drop back.

Something to watch for tomorrow evening.

Maybe Schotty should view some more tape and accept the fact he rarely had time to do that. :roll:

I'd like to purchase the winning lottery ticket too. Saying it doesn't make it any closer to reality though.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":haqrc46q said:

Huh? Hope he didn’t say that because it has been decades since NFL offenses have worked like that.

I’m generally against messing with QBs mechanics.

toffee

Reaction score
adeltaY":15vqwdme said:
DkCdOD6X4AARMdu

Baldwin on Wilson during camp.

Damn, those Stanford dudes just love to show off their analytical and writing skills. Reason why Doug will never become my dawg, he doesn't think or write like my Earl.

chris98251

Reaction score
adeltaY":jko2cuxl said:
DkCdOD6X4AARMdu

That's a huge, huge shot at Bevell and Cable also, the everyone on the same page aspect.

toffee

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":1jo5jjxa said:
Seanhawk":1jo5jjxa said:
Not exactly what I was thinking but it works. :2thumbs:

As Senator Craig ably demonstrated, 2.5 ft is about as wide as you wanna go, 3 ft could be unsafe, 4ft which he took definitely gets one into trouble.
Larry craig

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":2dqeaqjh said:
adeltaY":2dqeaqjh said:

That's a huge, huge shot at Bevell and Cable also, the everyone on the same page aspect.

It is also a far bigger shot against Wilson that he could not process what was taking place in front of him, and could not pass along the correct information to the oline.

In fact I'm a bit shocked Baldwin would take the hard of a shot against his QB. Not sure what to make of that to be honest.
Wilson has 6 years in the league, he should be WELL past that stage. Not happy reading this to be honest. :3-1:

adeltaY

Reaction score
Yeah it's more directed towards Wilson, but it definitely applies to the entire offensive staff given it persisted. I don't see it as a "shot" more Baldwin just being honest. I know many here don't like it when a player gives even a remotely negative statement, but I appreciate it.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Seymour":340u3v33 said:
chris98251":340u3v33 said:
adeltaY":340u3v33 said:

It is also a far bigger shot against Wilson that he could not process what was taking place in front of him, and could not pass along the correct information to the oline.

In fact I'm a bit shocked Baldwin would take the hard of a shot against his QB. Not sure what to make of that to be honest.
Wilson has 6 years in the league, he should be WELL past that stage. Not happy reading this to be honest. :3-1:

It sounds like Bevell really stunted his growth.

Seymour

Reaction score
adeltaY":1bxx2fkl said:
Yeah it's more directed towards Wilson, but it definitely applies to the entire offensive staff given it persisted. I don't see it as a "shot" more Baldwin just being honest. I know many here don't like it when a player gives even a remotely negative statement, but I appreciate it.

Look at the finishing sentence......."had he been able to take that next step" places square blame on Wilson (and a lessor degree his coaches).. Baldwin being honest could have worded that better without pointing the finger directly at Wilson like had we for instance. Being honest is one thing, "protect the team" is another. Baldwin saying they clearly under performed and throwing in the "had he" is beyond honesty and entering the "blame game".

Seymour

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":23r4cnhj said:
Seymour":23r4cnhj said:
chris98251":23r4cnhj said:
adeltaY":23r4cnhj said:

Definitely part of the problem. Pete (and Russ too) even said that he wanted someone to push Wilson and critique and coach him up more which Bevell was clearly hands off about. Pretty ridiculous that Pete was so hands off and involved on defense only to the degree he let that continue for 6 years before doing something.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Seymour":3u284lvl said:
Seahawk_Dan":3u284lvl said:
Seymour":3u284lvl said:
chris98251":3u284lvl said:

Definitely part of the problem. Pete (and Russ too) even said that he wanted someone to push Wilson and critique and coach him up more which Bevell was clearly hands off about. Pretty ridiculous that Pete was so hands off and involved on defense only to the degree he let that continue for 6 years before doing something.

Regardless if you're a defensive minded coach you're still the head coach that should always be hands on with your QB. Six years, has it really been that long? Jeeze. Hard to hear this talk of "Wilson turning the corner" or what have you when you're that far in.

The only thing that gives me solace is in the fact that if he was already considered a Top 5-10 QB while being janky then tuning him up should really make him shine under better coaching. Hopefully though any bad habits developed in those crucial young years are conditioned out.