Funny how one play can influence opinions of a player...T2

Jville

Reaction score
I'd state it this way ....... It's curious how an impression of a singular play can lock in and freeze the opinion of a fan about a player to the exclusion of everything else. It seems to me that this is all too common of a reaction when seen thru the straw of a network broadcast or replay.

I don't know what the future holds for Matty F. Brown as a writer. But, his linked article "A Preseason Warning: Featuring Cover 3 Buzz Mable and Tedric Thompson" caught my attention. He shines light on big picture aspects and spotlights important factors that become apparent after further review.

I think this article a timely reminder as we go into the first preseason game. Thursday night's game will feature player experimentation as well as different combinations of players.

In any case ...... Enjoy :biggthumpup: [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/football-breakdowns/2018/8/8/17662212/seahawks-tedric-thompson-preseason-preview-colts-cover-3-breakdown-buzz-mable-chargers-earl-thomas[/urltargetblank]

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am so happy to see him have success.

Was thrilled when they got him, the buzz was that NE wanted him.

Then last year he just looked pretty pedestrian in the preseason and seemed to be no impact during the year at all. I was really hoping they would draft him. Was ecstatic when they got him and then saw nothing past that point. It was disappointing.

But he was a rookie and what we expect of our defense is a pretty high bar.

So hearing he is starting to shine after all is great news.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I love Matty's analysis. He used to be on the three step drop podcast with Coleman Crawford and any listener could tell he knows his Xs and Os

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I remember Robert Gallery getting judged for one play where he got knocked on his butt. The reality was that he was an above-average lineman for the Carroll era. It took Kearly to get people to see it.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":mbwqy5a2 said:
I remember Robert Gallery getting judged for one play where he got knocked on his butt. The reality was that he was an above-average lineman for the Carroll era. It took Kearly to get people to see it.

Wish I was around to get to know Kearly. Seems really respected, and someone I would have liked. Much respect.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":wl71huqz said:
MontanaHawk05":wl71huqz said:

Wish I was around to get to know Kearly. Seems really respected, and someone I would have liked. Much respect.

Kip is a great person with wisdom. I only threw him one curve ball....he was ok with it.

Tical21

Reaction score
Matty was a .netter at one point as well. Nice kid.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I wish Kip still posted here. I didn’t always agree with him, but his posts were thoughtful and interesting. He added a lot to the discussion on the boards.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3vo3h2bv said:
Jimjones0384":3vo3h2bv said:
MontanaHawk05":3vo3h2bv said:

Kip is a great person with wisdom. I only threw him one curve ball....he was ok with it.

I think that was the best part about Kip. For the most part, when people attacked his opinions, he was pretty chill about it. Much better than I've been. I've turned into a dick the last couple years.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Wasn’t one play. Was the fact the team had no reason to put him on the field because he wasn’t better than the guy in front of him and never made a play in the NFL. When this turd does something in the league I will yell with ya brother. Until then he is the Julius Jones of defensive backs

seabowl

Reaction score
The Boz\Bo play was the epitome of judging a player on one play.