Young players you’ve rooted for in training camp

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
Simple question,

Who’s your favorite ‘under the radar’ player that battled to make the team? Could be someone that was undrafted, didn’t make it past camp, someone that never recovered from injuries, made the team but really didn’t contribute, etc. Basically, someone you consistently rooted for.

Example, and my personal favorite that I mentioned in another thread- D.J Hackett

Always thought he was going to be a #1 for us. I actually bought so much into the hype that I got his jersey mid way through the 05 season. He definitely contributed, but wasn’t anywhere near where I thought he’d be.

Other examples off the top of my head-
Kasen Williams (obvious)
Jordan Kent
Thomas Rawls (probably would have been a premier player if not for the injury)
Josh Portis
Jesse Lumsden (anyone else remember this guy?!?)
Deon Butler
Kevin Norwood
Jordan Hill
Michael Boulware (one of my all time favs)

Who else ya got?

TreeRon

Reaction score
Jessie Davis came in as UDFA from U Idaho out of Asotin Wa. HS.. Got cut, I think was brought back twice and is now a starting G with Dolphins.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Had this whole long post, then realized you weren't talking about strictly this year, lmao. Reading comprehension Jim, c'mon man.

toffee

Reaction score
Three players:

Tre Flowers, Tedric Thompson, and Jamarco Jones.

If these three can start and hold down their fort, my gosh, we will have a function OL and rebirth of LOB. We might just make playoff this year.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2i8nerut said:
Bigpumpkin":2i8nerut said:
Will Dissly

+1

Yup, if this guy can block in the NFL, nothing but positives. I don't care if you can run a 25 yard seam route,,, block your ass off and catch 3-5-10 yard passes. Thank you. :2thumbs:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dissly, not just because I'm a UW fan, but because the guy is a flat out consistent player. Blocks so well, I think he'll be the best blocking TE we have had since Miller.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
This is a fun thread! A lot of old names in here. I remember Mansfield Wrotto. And I definitely remember Lumsden. Tobeck called him out publicly for constantly running the wrong way on run plays.

Here's a few of mine.
Steve Vallos
Cassius Marsh
Brandon Browner
Jerehme Urban
Marquis Weeks
Ray Willis
Ryan Murphy
Joe Newton
Nick Vannett

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Two names really stand out for me, and not only because it was recent. Carson and Prosise were two guys I had a football crush on immediately.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I remember really rooting for John Lotulelei, loved the way that guy played. I think he's still bouncing around the league.

chris98251

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin, Curt Warner, Keith Simpson, Kenny Easley, The Boz, Michael Jackson, Bruce Shulz, Terry Wooden just to name a few.

Griff last year and Griff this year, Penny, and Dissly.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
- Sean Locklear post Walter Jones at LT.
- Micheal Bennett during his first stint as a Seahawk
- Justin Forsett, every time he's had a chance he has ran with it
- Owen Schmitt, "the run away beer truck", and the helmet breaker
- D.J Hacket, if only he could have stayed healthy.
- Leonard Weaver, we were idiotic to let this guy go. He was doing great in philly, and was awesome for us until he broke his leg in two in philly.
- Charlie Whitehurst, clipboarding never looked better and we spent a third round pick.
- Big Mike Williams, great comeback story -- but also a tail of old habits dying hard.
- Golden Tate, huge fan of his at Notre Dame.
- That DE we had that was a longshot that always led preseason in sacks. I think Reed was his name. Always looked like the next big thing, but in real games he looked bad.
- Jermaine Kearse, saw his bad hands in college, but also saw some of the insane catches he made.
- Doug Baldwin, always impressed by what he was able to do with luck and his never say never attitude.
- Darryl Tapp
- Josh Wilson