Austin Davis should be worried.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
He'll probably win the job just because of experience but Alex made some nice throws tonight. Davis hasn't been good at all this preseason if he continues to play like this he could and probably should lose his job. Alex has a higher upside than Austin . Austin is what he is and I have zero confidence he can keep the ship afloat in the regular season .

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Davis has kept the ship afloat in seasons past. McGough looked very good tonight though. Should be an interesting final 2 preseason games for that spot.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’ll take the higher upside. This team needs to develop a viable backup.
Go with the rookie.

Zeearend

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ga2gpcmd said:
Go with the rookie.

I agree. If RW3 gets hurt, then neither of them will take us deep into the playoffs. So develop the rookie to a level that he can.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":fhme0sdl said:
Go with the rookie.
And he's 7 years younger, which gives him plenty of time to develop into a better QB than Davis.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There are reasons why the team is looking around at other experienced QBs. Davis has not picked up this O, and the rookie is still very raw. McGough has higher potential than Davis but would likely clear waivers if waived at the final cuts. A year for him on the PS might be a good thing for his development. Davis on the other hand looks as if he could be looking for work if a better and more suitable candidate pops free for the team.

Meanwhile our backups at QB are not very good.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I like Mr. McGough better than Davis. He has a surprisingly good arm, very nice touch, and he is elusive and can throw on the run.

By there are three strikes against McGough: he is a rookie; he struggled to pick up the entire offense in camp, as any rookie would; and Austin Davis has a close relationship with Brian Schottenheimer.

rjdriver

Reaction score
You guys do realize that this legend is a free agent right ?

Attachments

• A7182867-7537-48B8-AA89-BB4FAC57E14A.jpeg
    A7182867-7537-48B8-AA89-BB4FAC57E14A.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,404

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
We can laugh at ClipBoard Jesus all we want but many of his stats were better than Hugh “Mr. Football” Millen’s.

TreeRon

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":255mugl6 said:
Sports Hernia":255mugl6 said:
Go with the rookie.
And he's 7 years younger, which gives him plenty of time to develop into a better QB than Davis.

This

HawkGA

Reaction score
I would think the Rookie takes the job. JS drafted him. Hawks had a rookie backup before, they won't have a problem doing it again.

Hawks46

Reaction score
jammerhawk":19fowx7e said:
There are reasons why the team is looking around at other experienced QBs. Davis has not picked up this O, and the rookie is still very raw. McGough has higher potential than Davis but would likely clear waivers if waived at the final cuts. A year for him on the PS might be a good thing for his development. Davis on the other hand looks as if he could be looking for work if a better and more suitable candidate pops free for the team.

Meanwhile our backups at QB are not very good.

This right here.

nrayorr

Reaction score
Zeearend":w3yoskwk said:
Sports Hernia":w3yoskwk said:
Go with the rookie.

I agree. If RW3 gets hurt, then neither of them will take us deep into the playoffs. So develop the rookie to a level that he can.

I agree. Let's do that then.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2x0jshxa said:
Davis has kept the ship afloat in seasons past. McGough looked very good tonight though. Should be an interesting final 2 preseason games for that spot.

Davis has never attempted a pass as a Seahawk. Who cares what he did 4 years ago.

olyfan63

Reaction score
McGough made a very nice case for himself vs. the Vikings.
Davis is boring as hell to watch, boring and predictable.
McGough made several quality NFL-caliber throws, and was at least FUN to watch.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I've seen quite a bit of the Ravens preseason games....RG3 is looking much improved. If the Ravens decide to cut him, then he maybe a good fit for backup duty for the Seahawks.

Latest posts