Stranger Things Seahawks style

chris98251

Reaction score
Is it me or is having some of the most active threads in pre season about a Punter Strange, we drafted other players yet the enamored posts are about Dickson.

adeltaY

Reaction score
It's weird but in a cool way. Think about how valuable having Johnny Hekker has been for our division rival Rams. If Dickson can be around that level or even better, it would be so good for us!

Steve2222

Reaction score
A punter who can flip the field no matter where he punts from is definitely a huge, under appreciated asset.

I don’t know the stat, but last year Seattle’s opponents had to have had some of the best starting field position in the league.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Dickson is going to be a huge asset.

As far as the draft picks go... Rasheem Green should be getting more pub. Of course, he has been doing his thing against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Of course, we can always talk about Shaquem Griffin.

Penny had kind of a blan opening game, and missed the second game. Jamarco Jones got hurt and is out for a long time. Tre Flowers and Will Dissly are percolating, although the most memorable thing about Dissly last night was his penalty wiping out a nice TD run by Chris Carson.

Alex McGough looked much better than in the first game, albeit against fringe roster guys also.

How did Jacob Martin look last night?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I don't find it weird. He is clearly exceptional at what he does and people want to look at some positives. Which so far he looks to be an instant upgrade on this team.

IrishNW

Reaction score
hes been that exciting as a player. If you had a super star at one position in the NFL that would change the game the most its a punter. This guy could probably drop kick a field goal 70 yards

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Nice to have a draft pick looking good right of the bat.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
IrishNW":2ikf2bbc said:
hes been that exciting as a player. If you had a super star at one position in the NFL that would change the game the most its a punter. This guy could probably drop kick a field goal 70 yards

tenor.gif

AgentDib

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":21ashz5p said:
How did Jacob Martin look last night?
Martin barely played. Speculation was that we wanted to be able to stash him on practice squad and not let other teams get a good look at him.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Dickson is going to be the best punter of this generation, and probably a top 3 punter of all time. I don't think any other rookies on this team are going to be top 3 at their position of all time once everything is said and done.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Meanwhile the Patriots are saying "Punter? What's that?" :stirthepot:

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
The improvement of Special Teams is vastly underrated. With Dickson they get a younger slightly better kicker for a whole lot less $$$.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I would agree that it's strange if he wasn't soooo good. How many times can you draft a player as impactful as he appears to be? To be able to be pinned inside your ten yard line and flip the field off a punt? That kind of advantage is pushing a great running backs advantage or even QB.

I know that seems a little crazy to say but think about it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I have a Rick Tuten jersey. They called him 'Bootin Tuten" back then.

So it isn't really rare for us to highlight our punters.

Just look at all the love Ryan has gotten over the years.

TreeRon

Reaction score
I can not wait til Dickson lines up to punt and drop kicks it through the uprights for a field goal. (That is still possible isn't it? That would be very old school.)

lukerguy

Reaction score
I agree. It's weird, and I don't know why, but for some reason I actually look forward to punting just to watch him.