Amara Darboh undergoing tests for clavicle injury

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Darboh has been hurt a lot. Even when healthy, Moore and Stringfellow are more physical and even better at high pointing the ball. Johnson and Grayson are much faster and better on special teams. Reynolds is better at creating separation with his route running. Marshall has veteran savvy. Baldwin, Lockett, and Brown are locks.

I think the people who have Darboh making the roster are relying on “sunk cost fallacy.”

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not sure Darboh was gonna' make it anyway. Can't make the club from the tub. And, he hasn't done much of anything since he was drafted. Moore on the other hand looks like a beast.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Moore hasn't done anything since he was drafted until this preseason. Darboh has done more up until then. For all we know Darboh could be the superior player but we don't have a large enough sample size at this point.

My hope is that Darboh goes on IR as I'd like to give him one more healthy off season to prove his worth. I'd hate to have situation where we lose him for nothing and he gets well and becomes a solid player. For know I'm fine going into the season with Baldwin, Lockett, Marshall, Brown, Moore as the top 4 guys. Who we keep at the back end is more relevant for ST's than for the offence.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Mad Dog":26afl29e said:
For know I'm fine going into the season with Baldwin, Lockett, Marshall, Brown, Moore as the top 4 guys. Who we keep at the back end is more relevant for ST's than for the offence.
Actually, that's five.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I don't think he would have made it to the 53.

I'm thinking..

Baldwin
Brown
Lockett
Marshall
Moore
Stringfellow

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Having a hard time figuring out what Stringfellow has done to stand out. People are weirdly enamored with him.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2adawv27 said:
Having a hard time figuring out what Stringfellow has done to stand out. People are weirdly enamored with him.

Clearly you are not familiar with the Stringfellow theory..... :roll:

Sheldon

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":23smc4x7 said:
knock knock knock......Penny

Penny's not home....he's in the tub trying to make the club. :twisted: :irishdrinkers:

kf3339

Reaction score
Seymour":3ed96t8l said:
MontanaHawk05":3ed96t8l said:

Clearly you are not familiar with the Stringfellow theory..... :roll:

Sheldon

:2thumbs:

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1dquznqv said:
MontanaHawk05":1dquznqv said:

He has been on the field, I suppose. Darboh hasn't.

Yup. Darboh should be released with an injury designation and then reverted to IR when no one claims him. Stringfellow will hopefully make it to the practice squad.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1yh2sf3t said:
Mad Dog":1yh2sf3t said:
For know I'm fine going into the season with Baldwin, Lockett, Marshall, Brown, Moore as the top 4 guys. Who we keep at the back end is more relevant for ST's than for the offence.
Actually, that's five.

Doh!

But point remains, I'm fine with those guys as our WR corps.

mikeak

Reaction score
hawknation2018":321ahe3n said:
FlyingGreg":321ahe3n said:
MontanaHawk05":321ahe3n said:

Yup. Darboh should be released with an injury designation and then reverted to IR when no one claims him. Stringfellow will hopefully make it to the practice squad.

Why?

Why not put him on IR right away, saves the roster spot, keeps him on the team and you have the OPTION of having him return later in the season if designated

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
mikeak":1afomu8m said:
hawknation2018":1afomu8m said:
FlyingGreg":1afomu8m said:
MontanaHawk05":1afomu8m said:

Why?

Why not put him on IR right away, saves the roster spot, keeps him on the team and you have the OPTION of having him return later in the season if designated

IR doesn’t open up for non-veterans until the season starts. To be eligible for that he would have to waived with an injury designation or go on the 53-man roster first, which means losing a spot.

NFL doesn’t want teams to stash non-veterans on IR before the 53-man cutdown.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
mikeak":2r6vp2h5 said:
hawknation2018":2r6vp2h5 said:
FlyingGreg":2r6vp2h5 said:
MontanaHawk05":2r6vp2h5 said:

Why?

What has he done to make you want to keep him on the team...?