Suite & Club early stadium entry vs all season tck holders

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
Our family of four have been season ticket holders for 13 years and last year was the first that I can recall the Seahawks letting the Suite and Club holders in an hour early vs everyone else. This is not a rant about them, but the Seahawks stadium entry policy. Does anyone else have a problem with this or is it just me? I emailed the Seahawks and asked if the were going to be doing that again this year and got this reply. "This season our gates will open 3 hours prior to kick off for the club and suites areas, and 2 hours prior to kick off for all general seating." After 13 years as a season ticket holder, I am all general seating? WTH! Our seats are handicap seats. My mom is 76, had breast cancer, I have had bad knee problems and surgery on them and my brother has health issues. Last year my mom was in line for the elevator for 45 minutes and they yelled out for any suite or club, when people raised their hands they pulled them out of the line and let them go first! I know the suite and club pay a lot more for their season tickets then we do so again, this is not about them but the Seahawks policy. There are a LOT of people who come a long way and spend a lot of money to be a season ticket holder and I just think it's rude for the Seahawks to treat any season ticket holder this way. I'm not just some dude who got his tickets on stub hub or lucked out when the single seats went on sale. We struggle every year to pay for our tickets and bust our asses to get to the games and remain faithful season ticket holders so forgive me if I just feel that is a slap in the face. I really felt like crap last year when I walked up to go in this line for the suite and club and I had NO idea and they told me it was for them and I had to wait an hour. There was not ONE person in this line, not one and my knees hurt so bad I had to go sit down. Anyways, that is my rant.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I don’t really sympathize with most of your situation, because most tickets belong to “season ticket holders”

I do however think that they should make an exception/ allowance of time for people that have purchased “handicapped” seats. It’s very reasonable to ask for, or expect a little extra time to get to your seats ahead of the mad rush when they allow the general seating into the stadium.

I’d send another email using the “handicap” angle.

I’m actually surprised that they don’t have something already in place to assist “handicapped” folks to get to their seats. I’d go as far as saying they should have some ushers/attendants to assist.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
It has been that way for a long time. I know it dates back to at least 2007, as I used to get hooked up all the time for suite tickets that year.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't know why you'd even want to enter the stadium itself 3 hours ahead of time if you're not in the club section. In the club area there are a couple of lounges and areas with chairs/tables/TVs where people watch the 10 am games. That exists for general admission in the form of Touchdown City next to the stadium and that opens much earlier than the stadium. If you sit on the west side you can take the ramp directly from Touchdown City to the elevators where you should tell them you are in handicap seats.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
never seen 45 minute lineups for the elevator so I'm not sure what you are fussing about. I also see a lot of reasonably healthy looking people in the elevator lineups. Walking up the ramp might be a bit of good exercise for them. But some folks are pretty lazy I guess.

chris98251

Reaction score
You still have two hours to get to your seat location, I never went there 2 hours early, was across the street getting primed at one of the local watering holes. Don't see this as a big thing.

mikeak

Reaction score
1) No I have no issue with the 3hr prior thing. Suites are often corporate events and this makes it more valuable to those inviting guests. It allows them to spend time with their guests prior to the game then be done with the chit chat and actually watch the game. Personally I don't like being in the suites because people talk to much during the game but that is a separate subject

2) I would have a HUGE issue with standing in line for the elevator AFTER the extra hour and see them letting suite guests in prior to me. If they are let ahead during hour 3 before 2 hours starts then yes of course. You aren't allowed to get in so that makes perfect sense. However within 2 hours - no way there is a line, they had an opportunity

Email is great for general questions. If this bugs you then you should have time and energy for a phone call to your sales rep.

Are the handicap tickets marked? I do think the call-out for elevator after general admission starts should be for anyone in handicap seats. If you are not in one and not in a wheelchair you should be ok using the stairs (IN GENERAL)