Keenan Reynolds--how can this guy look like an NFL receiver?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Where did this Keenan Reynolds come from, and how is it he is already looking like an NFL wide receiver (slot receiver)? He was a QB at Navy, as far as I know.

Seeing Russell look for him and throw to him a couple times in just a few plays, and Reynolds just looked like he belonged--now THAT was unexpected.

Does this guy have a shot to make the team or are we talking practice squad for this season?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I don't think so, just yet. He made a couple of good plays tonight, but nothing that bought him a ticket to the final roster. He'd have to really show up in the final preseason game.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I agree. I thought he looked great tonight playing with and against the 1s. He has a ton of versatility as an all-purpose back and I hope they can find a way to at least stash him if they feel he’s not quite ready.

HawkGA

Reaction score
This is the guy who was getting tons of press at the beginning of camp, right?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
He has a real knack for getting separation on his routes. But we also saw Marcus Johnson make a great play downfield with his speed and continue to excel on coverage teams.

Perhaps McKissic’s injury opens up a spot for a 7th WR/PR? I just don’t see it. Hope he makes it to the practice squad; his ceiling is high.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Correct. PC gave him high praise in TC, when he went to him and told him, you're lining up with the ones, replacing Doug Baldwin in the slot.

PC said, in effect, this is your chance to do something, and he did. Some said he looked smooth in the slot, making Baldwin like plays by separating from the DBs.

But, it seemed as if a WR would show up on any given day in TC.
Jaron Brown, David Moore, Brandon Marshall....even Darboh had a day too.

My final six is Baldwin, Lockett, Brown, Marshall, Moore, and....who's the sixth? Johnson? Stringfellow? Darboh? Maybe Reynolds has a chance.

Jville

Reaction score
I may still be caught up in what I saw last night. But, I find the quality, variety, versatility and numbers of this year's wide receivers to be the best yet of the Pete Carroll era. The staff has outdone themselves this year.

I have no fear of wide receiver losses at the final cut down. I'm confident good development candidates will survive to make it onto Seattle's practice squad.

nrayorr

Reaction score
I liked what I saw last night from him. I see him on the practice squad if he makes it past waivers (which I'm not sure about).

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Kid is an athlete plain and simple. And we sure do love kind of guys that arent always A typical position players yet can produce. PS at best though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
Reynolds just looked so fluid, finding the spots in the zone, being on the same page with Russell, Russell looking for him and finding him, for those few plays it was like watching a Wes Welker or one of those never-ending NE Patriot small quick WR's. Did not know his number or his name before the game. And it's not like they were huge plays, or great catches, or anything, it was just that it looked so NATURAL and IN-RHYTHM with Russell and the offense. So for a rookie, who is changing positions from his college position, it seems like a mind-blowing accomplishment, indicative of a super-high football IQ. I definitely will be watching for him next game.

OK, on further review, I was under the impression Reynolds was a fresh-out-of-college rookie. I then learned that he's bounced around a couple years on NFL practice squads and been rostered a few weeks here and there, like 4 NFL receptions or somthing. Still... I like what I see, and Baldwin needs an understudy.

So, after reviewing the data a bit, my out-on-a-limb prediction: Keenan Reynolds makes the 53. That probably means the 'Hawks move on from Darboh. But, given Pete is back-to-basics this year, and "always compete", Darboh has not made a very strong case for himself in 2 prior seasons, while Reynolds made a decent case for himself as a legit NFL slot receiver against the Vikings.

EDIT: Reynolds has not played a regular season NFL snap, according to sources. Rostered one game for Ravens in 2016, but inactive on game day. All of 2017 on Redskins practice squad.

getnasty

Reaction score
Mckissic or Reynolds I think I'm going Reynolds. Did he look dead on Doug Baldwin yesterday or what.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Reynolds was looking good. However, he looked so good that he only has a 50-50 chance of making it to the Practice Squad.

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2qk9uq9c said:
This is his 3rd year in the league. Sometimes it takes a bit for WRs to adjust to the NFL.

Yeah, I found that out a bit after posting the thread. I was going to be super-impressed if he was a rook making the conversion. The Ravens wanted to keep him at the end of 2016, hence his one game on roster for them in 2016, apparently involving a rule that gives team more control, but still didn't keep him, then all of 2017 on Redskins practice squad.

Good to see Baldwin coming back; among other things, he'll be a great mentor to Reynolds, if Reynolds sticks. Reminds me a bit of the Largent and Brian Blades situation, except that Blades was a high-round pick.