Seattle showing the NFL how to hit with new rules

Jville

Reaction score

Wright’s pleasant surprise demonstrates how much incorrect public perception of the new tackling rules is going as far to influence the players. There’s been outrage. There’s been non-contact proclamations. There’s been doomsday think pieces—some of which go as far to predict total disaster for the NFL.

This is nonsense. --- Matty. F. Brown Aug 26, 2018, 9:00am PDT

Seattle showing the NFL how to hit with new rules >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/8/26/17782918/nfl-tackling-rules-helmets-seahawks-tape-video-highlights-flag-penalties[/urltargetblank]

Such a thoughtful article. Well done Matty F. Brown well done. I'd give it 5 stars ...... although like me it could use some editing for sentence structure.

sutz

Reaction score
Didn't Pete publish a video several years ago that emphasizes his "style" of tackling and hitting? I thought other teams were already watching that.

pmedic920

Reaction score
sutz":28c5k303 said:
Ddin't Pete publish a video several years ago that emphasizes his "style" of tackling and hitting? I thought other teams were already watching that.

He did.

All I can add is, Free your mind, your ass will follow.

I don’t care for all these rule changes but I understand why they are happening.

I’ll be honest, I like the violence involved in football.
I like to see these guys going out on the field and hitting each otter.

I’m old enough, and set in my ways enough, too see football as almost a “blood sport”.

I don’t want to see players injured in a way that effects the rest of their life but if a guy like Kam can put a guy like Vernon D. Out of the game with a legal hit, boom, hot Dam, that’s part of the reason I watch football.

I’m well aware, that as generations pass, so do expectations.

In the day and age of participation trophies, my expectations will take less of a place, and the younger generations desires will replace them.

IMHO, it’s sad, sometimes I wonder if I should become a soccer fan.

Good for the Seahawks and PC for leading the way on this but I don’t have to like it, and I don’t.

I don’t hope to see players get injured but I also don’t like where NFL football is headed.

YMMV

IndyHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":mpnncn28 said:
sutz":mpnncn28 said:
Ddin't Pete publish a video several years ago that emphasizes his "style" of tackling and hitting? I thought other teams were already watching that.

He did.

I don’t care for all these rule changes but I understand why they are happening.

I’m old enough, and set in my ways enough, too see football as almost a “blood sport”.

I don’t want to see players injured in a way that effects the rest of their life but if a guy like Kam can put a guy like Vernon D. Out of the game with a legal hit, boom, hot Dam, that’s part of the reason I watch football.

In the day and age of participation trophies, my expectations will take less of a place, and the younger generations desires will replace them.

Good for the Seahawks and PC for leading the way on this but I don’t have to like it, and I don’t.

I don’t hope to see players get injured but I also don’t like where NFL football is headed.

YMMV
Younger ones would have to watch videos of Ronnie Lott,Jack Tatum,Dick Butkus,
Mike Curtis and a host of others to understand why we feel this way.
The name of the game was hitting or tackling as in any way to get the player down.
It's in my blood too ..I sure miss the real game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pmedic920":3b7v49os said:
sutz":3b7v49os said:

He did.

YMMV

Paramedic longs for the days with head trauma and guys getting knocked unconscious. Cool.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":i1w3sae0 said:
pmedic920":i1w3sae0 said:
sutz":i1w3sae0 said:

He did.

YMMV

Paramedic longs for the days with head trauma and guys getting knocked unconscious. Cool.

And I also enjoy cooking and sunset walks on the beach.

I’m not a bad person.

Hopefully you noticed the part where I said I didn’t want to see people injured in a way that would effect them for the rest of their life.

evergreen

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1pe8rill said:
pmedic920":1pe8rill said:
sutz":1pe8rill said:

He did.

Mi remember watching a Baltimore game in the 60s and some fan ran onto the field. They would show you everything back then. He runs around for a while then he gets too close to the defense and Mike Curtis lays him out. They put him on a stretcher. I kid you not. Those were the days!

YMMV
Younger ones would have to watch videos of Ronnie Lott,Jack Tatum,Dick Butkus,
Mike Curtis and a host of others to understand why we feel this way.
The name of the game was hitting or tackling as in any way to get the player down.
It's in my blood too ..I sure miss the real game.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
IMHO: If anyone doesn't like some of the violence being taking out of football, then don't watch. Simple.