Signed a FB!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
"Marx, a rookie out of Stanford, signed with the Atlanta Falcons as an undrafted free agent this past offseason. For the Cardinal, Marx played in 14 games last year, recording one rush and three receptions while helping pave the way for Stanford running back Bryce Love’s 2,118-yard rushing campaign. The Falcons released Marx late last month"

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... aniel-marx

know nothing about him, haven't watched much pac-12 lately, thoughts?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It's interesting. If you're going to sign a FB with no ability outside of blocking, why sign one that's as slow as a 4.94? Just keep an extra OL. You put either player in at FB and you basically tell the D you're going to run it.

cheese22

Reaction score
Most successful running teams have either a very good passing game and/or good blocking at the TE/FB positions. I haven't understood why they haven't prioritized that in drafts or signings. Madden isn't a good blocking FB.
As a matter of fact, I was really hoping they would spend a few of their later picks to fill those positions that aren't prioritized, but can be glaring holes when they are a weakness. ie FB, K, P, blocking TE, LS etc.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Booooo. If you're serious about a fullback, sign a good one...but who knows, maybe a cheap talented one in this guy?

I don't see the upside though. Is MikeRob available?

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Not surprised the team signed a FB. I thought JS may wait until final cut day to sign one.

Funny thing is MikeRob was a starting QB at Penn State. We also had success with Derrick Coleman, a RB at UCLA and Will Tukuafu, a Dlineman fron Oregon State.

Kicking the tires...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Maybe Poona Ford can get in some plays at FB. He couldn’t be any worse than Madden when it comes to blocking.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Will the new guy play a lot tomorrow?

Madden didn't play last week so will see him n the field or will we see our TEs line up as a FB?

A lead blocker is a major part of Shottys formation. Saw a lot of that with the Rams and Jets so...

If the new guy fails, I can see JS sign a FB to the 53, PS...maybe both.

toffee

Reaction score
hawkfan68":lw99ywvv said:
Maybe Poona Ford can get in some plays at FB. He couldn’t be any worse than Madden when it comes to blocking.

What a refreshing Cable-nesque idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawknation2018

Reaction score

toffee

Reaction score
hawknation2018":18oyol1g said:
toffee":18oyol1g said:
hawkfan68":18oyol1g said:

What a refreshing Cable-nesque idea.

Ford did play FB in high school at 290 lbs (credit to Mike Vorel at Seattle Times).

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/1531067/572 ... 1b0045b58e

Ya know, I am really intrigued by Poona playing FB. Dude is almost unblockable, he could at least take out a LB might even hold double teaming.