P. King: Legion of whom? Efficient Overhaul could surprise

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1uqmaxue said:
If King likes us, we're screwed.

Nah, King is a good guy and a great journalist. Not sure where you came up with that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's a nice article, and always good to hear a national perspective.

But King is literally the "king" of fluff pieces and non controversial sports journalism. So my guess is he has nice things to say about every camp he's visiting on his tour.

I'm quite a bit more cynical about the state of our defensive backfield, I think we're thin and one injury will be crippling, as well as some fo serious growing pains with communication while these guys learn to play together one the bullets are real................................but I'm also excited to see these young guys play.

I love the level of enthusiasm and work rate of how hard this young defense is playing so far in the pre-season.

chris98251

Reaction score
King is just echoing what the guys who know something are saying, nice to see it in writing but he will turn on you like a rabid dog also.

nrayorr

Reaction score
(I'm just glad to read a positive spin on our team. I'll take it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3f1hh5lx said:
But King is literally the "king" of fluff pieces and non controversial sports journalism. So my guess is he has nice things to say about every camp he's visiting on his tour.
Hardly - he was a regular hater on the Seahawks until his daughter got a job in the Seahawks front office, then he changed his tune, lol.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3aazjml8 said:
Sgt. Largent":3aazjml8 said:
Hardly - he was a regular hater on the Seahawks until his daughter got a job in the Seahawks front office, then he changed his tune, lol.

I don't think I've read King say anything negative about anyone.

He's an old school "reporter" who has a very hard time being critical because that's his access to teams and players. My point is I'd take this fluff piece with a grain of salt, King's on a league tour visiting all the teams, he's not going to dwell on the negative............he's going to give readers a glimpse into what's new and positive at each stop.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
If you had expectations that the Seahawks would be horrible due to all the talent lost, then of course they look better than anticipated.

I was more optimistic, predicting a 10-win season, and my expectations have now been tempered by some injuries (Maxwell, Clark, Wright, Baldwin, etc.). Also, I think the defense really misses Thomas. I’m not enthused about the way Hill and Thompson are playing at safety, and Thompson’s injuries amplify my concerns. On the offensive side, TE-FB-RG-RT-LG remain obvious concerns; I’m less rosy about the offensive line than others are right now.

Latest posts