QB Brett Hundley Traded To Seahawks

Gio

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1034803915685027840[/tweet]

Rat

Reaction score
I don't know about this; depends on the compensation. I would assume it isn't much.

Hundley was pretty bad last year filling in for Rodgers, and ended up getting replaced in the offseason by a second-year player from an 0-16 team (although I don't think Kizer is awful). He is a mobile guy though, so maybe Carroll thinks there's more that can be developed there.

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
Hundley was terrible last year... then again the Packers now all in on Deshone Kizer. Green Bay and Seattle are screwed if either Rodgers or Wilson goes down :lol:

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
lol....a few people were saying McGough will a diamond in the rough....next Brady. Told them he would be cut.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Hearing that we traded our 2019 6th round pick to the Packers for Hundley.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
HoldYourHawk":1rrynk63 said:
Hundley was terrible last year... then again the Packers now all in on Deshone Kizer. Green Bay and Seattle are screwed if either Rodgers or Wilson goes down :lol:

Couldn’t be worse than Davis. McGough is not ready yet.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Honestly I'm just as comfortable with Davis as a backup as Hundley. Which is to say I'm very uncomfortable.

Rat

Reaction score
Just a sixth rounder, but the more I think about this, the less I like it.

Our starter is Russel Freakin' Wilson. We dont need an heir apparent. What we need is someone who can weather the storm if Russ has to miss some time. That definitely isn't Hundley, who was a disaster when the Packers depended on him to keep the team on the fringes of playoff contention when Rodgers got hurt. Frankly, I'd have more faith in Davis as the backup, and if we're going to go with a young backup, might as well have McGough getting those reps. Plus, Hundley is in the last year of his deal.

Maybe he's a decent developmental prospect, but I don't think he is what this team needs in a backup right now.

James in PA

Reaction score
Is his nickname “Mack?” Maybe this is what Pete was tweeting about.
:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SchadyHawk

Reaction score
Would have rather waited to see what veterans get cut, maybe bridgewater or RG3

titan3131

Reaction score
our 6th round pick (32nd) is basically a 7th rd pick though...

Seymour

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1sz979yj said:
Just throw the 6th round pick in the toilet.

This......the sound of the power flush is disappointing. :34853_doh:

uncle fester

Reaction score
Even though Davis wasn't the answer at backup, I can't get excited by this trade - and how does that work well for McGough?

Either they go with 3 QBs (unlikely) or McGough heads to the practice squad and then gets a better offer from another team?

I'm not saying McGough's starting caliber, but he has a very similar style to Wilson and has to be worth developing because of that, no?