Fluker hurt again (hamstring), Sweezy is back at RG

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Guard D.J. Fluker has been sidelined this week by a hamstring injury, but on a positive note at that position, J.R. Sweezy is back from the ankle injury he sustained not long after signing with Seattle.

“Sweez had a really good week,” Carroll said. “This is his first week officially back practicing, and he did really well. With Fluke being down, he worked on the right side as well as his drill work on the other side. He’s showing us that flexibility, which is good. It’s really good to have Sweez back out there. He’s a great competitor, as he has always been, and he fits right in, so we’re really happy to have him.”

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... -s-game-vs

Guys don’t typically bounce back from high ankle sprains this quickly, so it will be interesting to see how well Sweezy moves in this game.

Fluker has been held out a lot with different injuries, which is a warning sign going into the season, especially for a player who was one of the worst pass blockers in the NFL a season ago (and was also plagued by injuries).

Roos hasn’t had a good preseason. Odhiambo has really struggled to learn how to play from the right side, which limits his value as a backup, where versatility is expected. Beavers was getting first team reps at the beginning of camp, but his playing time has fallen off as the preseason has progressed.

RG is probably my biggest concern right now on the offensive side of the ball, followed by RT, TE, and LG.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
It's to bad Fluker is going to take a roster spot if he's only available part time. Dion Jordan is an even worse case than Fluker i'd cut Jordan. What the hell's the deal with Ed Dickson there's another injury problem.

naholmes

Reaction score
Dickson is “hopeful” to practice next week and play week 1. He must have sustained a major quad injury but no details were provided that I’m aware. Sounds like it will be a lot of Vannett and Dissly opening day.