Is Pete is the worst play “challenger” in the league?

rjdriver

Reaction score
Some other threads got me thinking.

I love Pete but Pete it seems is one of the worst call “challengers” in the league. The amount F bombs that I’ve dropped on what he does and doesn’t challenge is greater than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined. I feel the same way about Andy Reid’s clock management, also a great coach.

I hope he does better in 2018. My heart can’t take it.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Hahaha, Good stuff. I agree, he loses challenges on such a consistent basis, that every time he throws the flag I just roll my eyes. He even seems to lose the ones that clearly should be overturned. It's weird. A good example would be the goal line TD by Prosise vs NE. That was as bad a call as I've ever seen. In real time, you could pretty much tell it was a TD, and the replay 100% confirmed it. But, Pete still lost the challenge.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Yes. Love the guy, but definitely my biggest frustration with him.

"Why aren't you challenging!?!??!"

"Why are you challenging!?!?!?"

He always does the wrong thing lol.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Aren't there people up in the booth that are supposed to be driving the decision to challenge or not? You know, people who have access to all those fancy tools of replay.

Steve2222

Reaction score
On the Vikings opening drive last week they clearly came up short on third and got a tremendous spot and Pete didn’t challenge the call. I chalked it up to probably just being preseason but I wouldn’t put it past him as his challenge game is weak.

mrt144

Reaction score
This is a case where because it's the team we follow it seems worse. I'm sure at least a dozen other fan bases would lay claim to this title with their HC.

Chapow

Reaction score
HawkGA":1cx9iq6n said:
Aren't there people up in the booth that are supposed to be driving the decision to challenge or not? You know, people who have access to all those fancy tools of replay.

This is what I am wondering as well.

In baseball you always see the manager on the phone before he challenges a call. Obviously there is someone who is looking at the replays who then advises the manager whether he should challenge or not.

The Seahawks really need to do that.

pmedic920

Reaction score
But remember even though he’s ultimately accountable, he’s depending on others to tell him when to challenge and when not too.
He doesn’t see the vast majority of challengeable plays up close. He is trusting of his staff that are assigned to watch for that stuff, or in some instances the players involved in the play.

Yes, he holds, or throws the red flag but it’s not all on him.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":pfpy3lui said:
Yes. Love the guy, but definitely my biggest frustration with him.

"Why aren't you challenging!?!??!"

"Why are you challenging!?!?!?"

He always does the wrong thing lol.

Lol perfectly said. I need to constantly check myself from throwing something at the TV