Wisdom of carrying McKissic

hawknation2018

Reaction score
This seems to be the team’s intention, but is it smart to occupy a roster spot with a dead average RB/WR/R who will be out a month due to injury and thus is unlikely to be claimed? They have four other RBs and several players with returner experience.

I would prefer to keep Reynolds over McKissic, but I don’t think they do that.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
With ADB's knee injury, they should keep as many wideouts as they can.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":272w9asf said:

He's a running back.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
lukerguy":3el50w6w said:
Mistashoesta":3el50w6w said:

He's a running back.

He can play some WR, but not very well.

Why not keep a 7th WR/PR in Reynolds? If needed, can he take some carries/reverses out of the backfield? He has the most rushing TDs NCAA history, albeit as an option QB. If Russell and the backup QB get hurt, he could also serve as an emergency QB and trick play threat. But mostly it would be nice to have a backup to Baldwin who can reliably create separation.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm guessing he's one of those "makes the roster" but is cut the next day and put on IR so he can return situations. Do they still do that?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2nf6vbz2 said:
I would rather they kept Mckissic than Procise.
I agree. PC should really decide who they want more between those two rb/wr(utility back) types.
Procise is underwhelming but McKissick is smaller and hurt. Procise is on the bubble which explains his increased participation on special teams besides the touches at rb.
I like McKissick but he might not stick either. Our rb group appears solid and Mckissicks role as a returner can be had with Moore, Lockett, Penny, etc..

Tical21

Reaction score
McKissick is far better than you're giving him credit for. One of the best receiving backs in the league, period.

Keenan Reynolds is not a NFL talent. Great kid, loved him in college, but if you can't win a corner route against a player you should be faster than, to the point that you have to cut off the route against man coverage, you are not a NFL wide receiver.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Tical21":24gqo8cv said:
McKissick is far better than you're giving him credit for. One of the best receiving backs in the league, period.

Keenan Reynolds is not a NFL talent. Great kid, loved him in college, but if you can't win a corner route against a player you should be faster than, to the point that you have to cut off the route against man coverage, you are not a NFL wide receiver.
Reynolds is a WR. Probably not making the 53. McKissic is a RB as is Procise.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I would also not say dead average.

The guy as only learned to be an RB just 2.5 seasons ago. There is still much more room to grow for him in his role. And he has a feel to his athleticism that you just can’t coach. McKissic is so smooth that it looks he’s slowing down time.

I say you keep all 5 RBs and no FB. Maximize that depth and learn from the last 3 years. We also don’t know how good this Oline can be, they still are learning, and it’s probably going to take half a season before the unit truly galvanizes with each other and Solari’s scheme. Going off prior history. The blocking scheme down the line could be opening big enough holes that allow an RB like McKissic to do big damage once he gets in space.

Plus, Russ loves him some McKissic. Don’t know if Russ has any weight on the guys he wants in his offense but if he does, McKissic is a lock.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3c2lx9b8 said:
I would also not say dead average.

The guy as only learned to be an RB just 2.5 seasons ago. There is still much more room to grow for him in his role. And he has a feel to his athleticism that you just can’t coach. McKissic is so smooth that it looks he’s slowing down time.

I say you keep all 5 RBs and no FB. Maximize that depth and learn from the last 3 years. We also don’t know how good this Oline can be, they still are learning, and it’s probably going to take half a season before the unit truly galvanizes with each other and Solari’s scheme. Going off prior history. The blocking scheme down the line could be opening big enough holes that allow an RB like McKissic to do big damage once he gets in space.

Plus, Russ loves him some McKissic. Don’t know if Russ has any weight on the guys he wants in his offense but if he does, McKissic is a lock.

Great post. :2thumbs:

I like me some McKissic as well. He has intangibles that you can feel are there. Let him squeak them out himself and then he puts notches in his belt.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":34rnppoz said:
lukerguy":34rnppoz said:
He's a running back.

He's NOT a running back.

Huh, I am all for a good argument but not seen one in this aspect. He seems to be an obvious tweener with a lot of speed that can be used in a variable of positions.

RB
WR
KR
PR
ST's defender on punt and kick.

What is the goal in the argument? Seems like a very talented guy that can be used all over the field.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1u3qn4w6 said:
Mistashoesta":1u3qn4w6 said:
lukerguy":1u3qn4w6 said:
He's a running back.

He's NOT a running back.

Huh, I am all for a good argument but not seen one in this aspect. He seems to be an obvious tweener with a lot of speed that can be used in a variable of positions.

RB
WR
KR
PR
ST's defender on punt and kick.

What is the goal in the argument? Seems like a very talented guy that can be used all over the field.

No argument. Lurker thought I was reffering to Mckissic as a wideout. I wasn't. I was talking about Reynolds.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If you're concerned about the WR situation this year, you like keeping McKissic. I still remember that sluggo last year where he broke a LB's ankles for a touchdown.