Let´s talk expectations

HawkEye

Reaction score
In my opinion we are going to have a 8–9 win season, and my expectations are:

– Offense will actually be better than last couple years, in fact, I can see us dominating at offense in some games.
– Defense will be good at stopping the run, but they will struggle at pass protection
– We will win 2 or 3 games the whacky, Seahawks way
– Our rookies will make an impact on the field
– I don´t expect blowout losses, but I expect a couple heartbreakers

In general, I don´t see us in playoffs, but expect to see a big step in the right direction. I will watch this season remembering we are in transition and trying to have fun.

What do you think?

endzorn

Reaction score
Prosise will make the roster and by week 2 all the Kings horses and all the Kings men...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think you're about right on.

If our defense stays relatively healthy all year and the young players progress and develop into good NFL starters? I can see as many as 9-10 wins.

If our defensive depth is exposed with major injuries and we have to play these scrubs we've been seeing in the preseason getting torched by 2nd and 3rd string QB's? Yikes! Could be 9-10 losses.

Russell will keep us in most games, but there is literally no room for error with the defensive depth.

Steve2222

Reaction score
9 wins
- Shaquem Griffin wins DROY
- Dickson first team All Pro
- Wilson All Pro
- Wagner first team All Pro

Non Seahawks

- Both the Rams and 49ers are disappointing compared to their preseason expectations

adeltaY

Reaction score
Wilson won't win an All Pro if we win nine games. Brees has thrown for 5000+ yards in multiple seasons since his last All Pro in 2011. For some reason QBwinz factors into that award as well. I don't get it but it is how it is.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sac":2600hi5i said:

This.

Secondary prediction - the team does mediocre and fans here go nuts calling for PS and JS to be fired. Much bickering will commence between the long time** fans and the newcomers*. The longtime fans will be right but the newcomers will be louder.

*newcomers defined as people who became fans about the time the Seahawks won the Super Bowl.

**long time fans defined as people who could draw a rough sketch, from memory, of Ken Behring's face.

pmedic920

Reaction score
1-0 every week.

Seriously though.

We all know it’s a crap shoot/toss up, and regardless of what’s been said by the FO, we are not the same team, and we ARE rebuilding.

As fare as a W/L record goes, my expectations are low, I’d guess anywhere +/- 2 games @ 9-9, and it easily could be worse. I doubt seriously that it could be better.

My expectations for the development of young talent are high. I feel like we have some new kids that are holding a ton of potential.

I literally HATE some of the new rules. Not necessarily because of the rules as written but because they are so subjective.
I absolutely expect more controversy than ever when it comes to how some of theses rules are being enforced/ not enforced. I’m talking about the lowering of helmet, and landing on the QB specifically.

I expect 1 million “I told y’all “ threads, and 2 million “sky is falling” threads.

Thankfully I expect ZERO fire Bevell threads, and plan to permanently Ban ANYONE that starts one.

Jk on that last part.

Here’s to an entertaining season.
I do love me some Seahawk football, always have, always will.

GoHawks.
:{)

rjdriver

Reaction score
HawkEye":1szgszhw said:
In my opinion we are going to have a 8–9 win season, and my expectations are:

– Offense will actually be better than last couple years, in fact, I can see us dominating at offense in some games.
– Defense will be good at stopping the run, but they will struggle at pass protection
– We will win 2 or 3 games the whacky, Seahawks way
– Our rookies will make an impact on the field
– I don´t expect blowout losses, but I expect a couple heartbreakers

In general, I don´t see us in playoffs, but expect to see a big step in the right direction. I will watch this season remembering we are in transition and trying to have fun.

What do you think?

Fair and I agree.

- We will have to adjust as fans to scoring 20-30 ppg and still potentially losing. This would be unheard of the last few years.
- A different offensive playbook will be exciting to watch. The O line will open play calling options that we haven’t had since 2014.
- We will win a game nobody expected us to win (@Rams?). We will lose a game at home we had no business losing. (AZ)
- By week four we will all be screaming for Earl to come back.
-Brandon Marshall will surprise people (in a good way)
-7-9 wins
- 49ers don’t come close to expectations.
-Rams do.

-Michael Dickson is a GOD. It is known.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Front seven of the defense could surprise a lot of people, but the secondary is going to be bad. 10-6, probably, assuming Seabass doesn't faceplant like Walsh.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Between 7 and 9 wins is likely most realistic, but ever the optimist I am going with 10 wins IF there are no major injuries to major players (Russ, Wags, Baldwin, etc).

Depth is going to hurt us but I think this new gen of youngin's "Get it" and have bought in. I really believe this team is going to stretch the over by most's expectations. I think lack of pass rush on the DL is going to be made up somewhat by creative blitz packages (like we saw against the Vikings, sending safety/corner blitzes at times, being aggressive). A lot of question marks to be answered but this team has a good feeling to it I can't explain.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1tna1czz said:
HawkGA":1tna1czz said:
Sac":1tna1czz said:

This.

Secondary prediction - the team does mediocre and fans here go nuts calling for PS and JS to be hired.

I hope they get hired too. :stirthepot:

Ah darn it! Fixed it above. Stupid typos.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pmedic920":1wd0kskn said:
I expect 1 million “I told y’all “ threads, and 2 million “sky is falling” threads.

There were these when we were going to SB's.

I will only panic if we're in the dangerous waters of going 4-12 or 5-11 and it looks like Pete has lost his fastball. Other than that, my expectations are 8-9 wins, so if that's where we're at? Hard to say the sky is falling when those were my expectations.

mrt144

Reaction score
I expect a non losing season but not much beyond that. It's a transitional year with lots of questions on the roster and at coaching. For what it's worth, I was ready to eat up whatever change was in the cards because I was just done with Bevell and Cable so even if the performance is seemingly worse than last season or 2016 I'll take it more in stride than being gaslit about the prospects of the team from Pete Carroll on down.

And how could some aspects of this team be even worse than 2017? That's the cynical optimist in me talking.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
With Russ at QB and Bobby as our leader on D I just don't see us falling below .500.

We only missed 10-6 and another berth in the playoffs last year by a last second FG miss. Everybody is acting like that miss sent us over a cliff ... I still see us as a playoff contender.

Tical21

Reaction score
I expect us to play really hard and be in a lot of close games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":3qm9ln1f said:
... I still see us as a playoff contender.

I do too, if we can stay healthy.

But that's a big if, we're already seeing important injuries (Jordan, KJ, Thompson)............so yeah if we can stay healthy on defense we should be a playoff contender. But if we have serious D-line or secondary injuries? We're screwed dude.