Is Darboh done?

HawkGA

Reaction score
I was reading somewhere today that Pete said he was almost ready to be cleared to play this week but at they just didn't feel comfortably enough. But when I read it, it sounded more like a "we don't want him getting hurt because we're going to cut him" kind of reason to hold him.

Thoughts?

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Meh, just realized there's a general predictions thread that probably serves as a better place for this discussion.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I'm guessing he gets stashed on IR and that would have been hard to explain if he had played last night.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1040716817256390656[/tweet]

Good news. Darboh stays under team control for next year.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team still has his rights, so we may see him here next spring. Hopefully he will stop imitating Prosise and stay healthy and show some of the reasons why the team used a 3rd rd. draft pick to select him.

xray

Reaction score
GOOD NEWS....how many cripples you want under team control??? The Hawks need players that can play today!! Carroll and Co. have drained $$$$$$$$$ keeping dead weight that always becomes dead weight later. You must be a Rams fan.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
xray":3rmv9plk said:
GOOD NEWS....how many cripples you want under team control??? The Hawks need players that can play today!! Carroll and Co. have drained $$$$$$$$$ keeping dead weight that always becomes dead weight later. You must be a Rams fan.

Take a deep breath.

Darboh does not count against the 53-man roster. His cap hit is incredibly low: $578K.

And they did try to waive him. Unfortunately, the waiver was retroactively deemed an injury-designated release, and he was automatically reverted to IR. The Seahawks didn’t have a choice in the matter.

Had they successfully waived him, they only would have saved like $200k due to dead money. Now, he has no guaranteed money. He’ll have to earn his place next year.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
xray":2udvqqmc said:

C’mon man, this player was a difference maker in colllege, but he has failed to launch as a pro b/c of injuries. At present he’s a pale imiitation of Prosise with injuries only b/c Prosise has had one exceptional game in his two prior seasons while Darboh’s one season was marred by inactivity due to injuries or an inability to out compete his rivals.

At present I’d prefer to keep him around at least through the next preseason and this situation allows the team to potentially salvage a 3rd rd. pick that hasn’t yet worked out. Maybe with patience this player will show something, I was down on him in camp b/c he was getting beaten out and was constantly on the injury report for reasons we know now. Perhaps he’s another college star that fails to make the transition and so be it but i’d Like to see what he can do if healthy.

This is another time will tell situation.

I understand your angst with the increasing number of health concerns on the roster but perhaps this is a real too early elimination of a talented prospect. Decisions needed to be made. I don’t fault the team but it would be awesome if Darboh works out and the team has got a second chance. Maybe the player wasn’t completely forthright about his injury b/c this was curious situation as the team is pretty good at identifying injuries and being fair with various designations. The

mikeak

Reaction score
So Seattle trades Bennett and then news gets out about an investigation against him

Darboh gets cut then he fails physical and bad enough that he goes Seattle IR

I really hope we aren’t burning bridges with players and other teams......