Is there not an “official” .net road game this year?

rjdriver

Reaction score
Seems like every year there is a road game that kind of becomes the one where .netters try to attend more than others with a corresponding thread.

Did I miss it this year? I went to the San Diego sauna game a few years and got to meet a few of you (It was right after Radish passed) and would really like to know which game gives me my best bang for the buck at meeting some of you guys/gals.

Which road games you hitting this year?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the tradition has fizzled, sad to say. A lot of the old regulars who don't post here anymore were the ones who were proactively keeping it going. I was wanting to go to either Denver or Chicago this year but I have too much going on in the final quarter of the year to afford it. Hopefully next year.

pmedic920

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":36cbnpdh said:

Yea, it seems that’s the travel game that’s sparked the most interest but financially it’s a reach for a lot of folks.

I’m still recovering from my Daughters Wedding so it’s out of the question for us.
I’d absolutely love to go however.

I really thought about the Denver game as it’s drivable for us but the timing just didn’t work.

Reality is for us, if we get to make a game this season, it will be a last minute “hey, it works, let’s go” thing. I can’t realistically plan anything.

To answer the question, there has not been an “official” game planned. There never really is, just ends up as someone “calling” one out, and folks either roll with it or not.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I went to the Fry game too.

I am going to Az as that is always a fun game.
Also going to Detroit as I have never been there.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Aros":3din4wun said:
I think the tradition has fizzled, sad to say. A lot of the old regulars who don't post here anymore were the ones who were proactively keeping it going. I was wanting to go to either Denver or Chicago this year but I have too much going on in the final quarter of the year to afford it. Hopefully next year.

You’re kinda right Todd but it doesn’t have to be that way.
I’m in the same boat this year as you. Weddings aren’t cheap, and I haven’t caught up yet.
I still have hope of making a Seattle trip but can’t even say it will happen for sure.

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2u2752tm said:

I actually requested vacation in advance for that entire week for the Hawks game. However, It turned out to be prohibitively expensive when tickets, food, lodging are considered for an entire family. Way more than I thought unfortunately .