Don't count out the Seahawks -- here's why they're a sleeper

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
Some nice quotes from this article.

"I feel good about what we're doing," coach Pete Carroll said. "I really am excited about this group, and it's because of what they're showing. And everybody could never imagine -- the outside can never imagine that we could play good ball. But we'll see

"It truly is in respect to the guys that have been here and what they've done together and all that," Carroll said. "It's never going to be the same. It's going to be different. It is different. And it always winds up being unique to the players that you have. So somebody says, 'Is the culture going to change?' No. The culture doesn't change. The philosophy doesn't change. The people change. And they bring their dynamic and their special qualities and their uniqueness to it, and it becomes them. And so that's what we're doing."

"People always wonder what the hell we're doing," Carroll said. "That always happens. And that's OK. We're on it. We're guided by figuring out the highest expectations that somebody could achieve, and then help them agree that, 'Yeah, I could do that,' and then coach the hell out of them until it comes to life. And that's as self-fulfilling-prophecy as it gets. That's as Pygmalion as it gets. But that's what we've been doing. And it's worked out."

http://kwese.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24 ... hy-sleeper

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice article. Just don't show it to the NET Cyborg Collective. They have us going 2-14 at best.

massari

Reaction score
Better OL, RB's, WR's, blocking TE's, Kicker/punter, LB's, depth at DT, coaching(?) in 2018 than 2017.

They're making the playoffs and if guys can step up replacing Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor and Bennett, they're making a deep run.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
massari":1bh11ko7 said:
Better OL, RB's, WR's, blocking TE's, Kicker/punter, LB's, depth at DT, coaching(?) in 2018 than 2017.

They're making the playoffs and if guys can step up replacing Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor and Bennett, they're making a deep run.

I like you.