Stringfellow

seabowl

Reaction score
Not sure what others in the board think but after seeing him play in preseason, I believe Stringfellow is a very interesting prospect with a lot of talent. He won't make the 53 but one I'd like on the practice squad. Thoughts?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
more upside than Marshall imo...even right now. Then again he has been on a couple of teams already and has not been able to crack a roster.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I agree he did look good. Couple of other guys I'd say that did a lot was Austin Calitro #58 and Jacob Martin #59. Seemed like I saw them all over the place when the reserves came in.

Can't wait to see how everything unfolds.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Flashes in limited context against fourth-stringers at a crowded position. His odds aren't good.

ivotuk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2uo7pyt3 said:
Flashes in limited context against fourth-stringers at a crowded position. His odds aren't good.

Valid point. His "potential" might be what's keeping him in the NFL. Some players are like that, not a football player, but they love the cash and the celebrity, so do just enough to get by.

Some eventually get the bug though and behind freaks, like James Harrison. He got cut several times.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I would say that the physical talent is there, but doesn't dig into the technically enough and doesn't quite take to ST effort enough to stick long enough to get his big break. Talent is there. He lacks the conviction of doing what's necessary. Wants to be that WR right now. Old story.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Every single preseason people fall in love with our depth WRs after watching them go against 3rd and 4th string secondaries. I can remember it working out three times in the last twenty years or so; 2006 with Obomanu, 2010 with Baldwin, and 2012 with Kearse. Am I missing anybody? WR just seems like a really tough place to get contributions from a late/UDFA rookie.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
AgentDib":1fds62bc said:
Every single preseason people fall in love with our depth WRs after watching them go against 3rd and 4th string secondaries. I can remember it working out three times in the last twenty years or so; 2006 with Obomanu, 2010 with Baldwin, and 2012 with Kearse. Am I missing anybody? WR just seems like a really tough place to get contributions from a late/UDFA rookie.

Don’t forget Michael Bumpus.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Everybody knows Cougars not named Marcus Trufant crash and burn in the NFL.

GLio14

Reaction score
Stringfellow was arrested for assault in February 2014. Stringfellow and then teammate Cyler Miles attacked Seattle Seahawks fans following the Super Bowl XLVIII victory over the Denver Broncos. After getting into a fight with a male University of Washington student, Stringfellow then began to intimidate and have an altercation with a female student who had been taking pictures of the incident. "During the struggle, “'Stringfellow hit (her) in the head. (She) fainted, though it appears she was not out for a long period of time (it is unclear whether she passed out from the blow or due to the exertion and the fact she was ill).'” Later in the night, Stringfellow and Miles again approached another man, asked if he was a Seahawks fan and when he replied yes proceeded to assault the fan. When the fan tried to run away, Stringfellow and Miles chased him down and continued to beat him.

Sheesh. Got this from his Wikipedia page. Didn't realize this happened.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
He was actually on UW's football team at the time, and was kicked off for that. The KIRO 710 afternoon guys said yesterday that when they interviewed him a couple weeks ago he was very contrite about it. I didn't hear the interview myself.

BigMeach

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1zp91wgc said:
He was actually on UW's football team at the time, and was kicked off for that. The KIRO 710 afternoon guys said yesterday that when they interviewed him a couple weeks ago he was very contrite about it. I didn't hear the interview myself.

For sure, could have and still could ruin his career. But someone who would do this, doubtful they have remorse for the right reasons.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Titans shuffle practice squad WRs, sign Damore’ea Stringfellow

Just a day after announcing the final signings on their 10-man practice squad, they announced the release of wide receiver Austin Proehl, and the signing of wide receiver Damore’ea Stringfellow.

...at 6-foot-2, 220 pounds and posted decent production his junior year at Ole Miss, hauling in 46 passes for 716 yards and six touchdowns. He then left school early for the NFL draft. Stringfellow went undrafted in 2017...

He caught four balls for 110 yards with Seattle this preseason. They waived him as part of their final roster cuts

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2018/09 ... ingfellow/

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1037863481054191616[/tweet]

A few days old, but weird. :?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":39mem7ua said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1037863481054191616[/tweet]

A few days old, but weird. :?

Very wierd. Wonder (and it is pure speculation) if he planned on getting full pay and they said no. Again speculating.,...entitled because he was drafted. Dunno man. :rumble:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
AgentDib":2po89yy6 said:

Late round picks? Hmmmm. How about a trade of an 8th round pick for a guy...hmmmm....what was his name...Steve Largent? Of course that’s more than 20 years but in today’s NFL he would have been Undrafted.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1i2qbs0l said:
AgentDib":1i2qbs0l said:

Late round picks? Hmmmm. How about a trade of an 8th round pick for a guy...hmmmm....what was his name...Steve Largent? Of course that’s more than 20 years but in today’s NFL he would have been Undrafted.

Lol yeah... that is 41 years ago. And an extremely rare example.