This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Denver Broncos

BlueThunder

Reaction score

acer1240

Reaction score
The season never starts until I see this thread posted.

Thanks old friend!

acer1240

Reaction score
I wonder if we'll run into Donkospurt in one of these

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I lived in Denver for 8 years. 2007 til 2014 and this fan base absolutely disgusts me. It is such a transitional city now that they are just filled with a bunch of band wagon jumpers that have know idea (not all of course) about this team's history and what a great organization that it is.

My first two years in Denver I did not here squat about the Broncos. Where as the East coast and Seattle,,,, if the local team sucks there is still hope and you support the team no matter what. If they suck,,,, you let the population know it. In the 70s-90s Denver was an it team, even though I hated them but the older I got,,,,,I respected them and I was all for the Broncos unseating the NFC in the late 90s.

Move forward to 2012 when they got Peyton Manning, they could not get enough toilet paper to wipe the shit out of their mouths. Never ending talking. Then came SB XLVIII. They were the biggest bloviates I have ever seen. They were on cloud heaven without a final outcome. All I said was, you know, I am not saying we are guaranteeing a win but youuuuuuuu have know idea the storm coming to your team. They scoffed. The Monday after was one of my greatest work days I have every had.

So here we are now and this fan base still has no identity and do not know what to think. Not that we are in any better shape but seriously, can I get someone, anyone from their forums talking about our matchup next week. Calling out the old timer Bronco fans to the discussion. Respect a lot of players on your team but I serious have know idea what your team is about this year. Bring your stones bitches!!!!

sdog1981

Reaction score
acer1240":3alse3d6 said:
The season never starts until I see this thread posted.

Thanks old friend!

I agree.

Hawker8989

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2hc9t8kb said:
I lived in Denver for 8 years. 2007 til 2014 and this fan base absolutely disgusts me. It is such a transitional city now that they are just filled with a bunch of band wagon jumpers that have know idea (not all of course) about this team's history and what a great organization that it is.

My first two years in Denver I did not here squat about the Broncos. Where as the East coast and Seattle,,,, if the local team sucks there is still hope and you support the team no matter what. If they suck,,,, you let the population know it. In the 70s-90s Denver was an it team, even though I hated them but the older I got,,,,,I respected them and I was all for the Broncos unseating the NFC in the late 90s.

Move forward to 2012 when they got Peyton Manning, they could not get enough toilet paper to wipe the shit out of their mouths. Never ending talking. Then came SB XLVIII. They were the biggest bloviates I have ever seen. They were on cloud heaven without a final outcome. All I said was, you know, I am not saying we are guaranteeing a win but youuuuuuuu have know idea the storm coming to your team. They scoffed. The Monday after was one of my greatest work days I have every had.

So here we are now and this fan base still has no identity and do not know what to think. Not that we are in any better shape but seriously, can I get someone, anyone from their forums talking about our matchup next week. Calling out the old timer Bronco fans to the discussion. Respect a lot of players on your team but I serious have know idea what your team is about this year. Bring your stones bitches!!!!

Not a Broncos fan. But they've got the longest sellout streak in NFL history. They filled the stands during tough times. No blackouts.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Broncos fans have always been loyal. At least as long as I've been watching football... since '83. I hated everything Bronco from the old AFC days, but I never questioned their fan base. Remember when Bosworth sold 'em all those "No Bozo's" shirts? Classic...

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I hope to hear if Elway believes Keenum is the franchise after Elway's choices Seimian, Lynch, etc..
And why is Peyton 'the Bronco' Manning in raidertown working on Derek's Carr when he should be mentoring guys like Keenum and Chad Kelly.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Is “know idea” a pun? If so good one. Anyway I hope we are prepared for the Denver pass rush? I don’t recall the um last offensive staff doing much special game planning and strategizing. Hopefully this new staff has a plan installed before the game begins instead of using the first half as research.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I hated Denver when all we got in the Boise valley was Denver games. No seahawk games. The hatred never stopped. I have a couple friends that are fans.....at least they were friends...not seen them in a while. :stirthepot:

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3ve80atn said:
I have a couple friends that are fans.....at least they were friends...not seen them in a while. :stirthepot:

I would assume 48 strained those friendships a wee bit... heh heh

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
BlueThunder":4nm0uhnj said:
Seahawkfan80":4nm0uhnj said:
I have a couple friends that are fans.....at least they were friends...not seen them in a while. :stirthepot:

I would assume 48 strained those friendships a wee bit... heh heh

Could be....I dunno....and we have not been fishing in a while too......fer steelhead........ :stirthepot:

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Just a few quotes from their Game Preview thread.

The Legion of Boom no longer exists. The Broncos should be able to handle them comfortably. 24-17.

I am starting Wilson on fantasy because the no fly zone has been joe Woods’d.

31-20 Seahawks

who is he going to pass it to exactly?

My favorite though, is...

43-8 Broncos

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think both teams are kinda in the same situation, not really knowing what they have.

The Broncos could be a sleeper team if Keenum repeats what he did last year with the Vikings, or they could go 6-10 if he remembers he's Case Keenum.

Interesting first game matchup. I think we lose a low scoring frustrating 17-10 type game, as we're not the best with road openers........in fact we're downright awful.

Also not a good matchup for unveiling our new and improved run game, against probably the best defensive front we'll see all year with Wolfe, Chubb and Miller.

chris98251

Reaction score
We are going to see all our depth play, after a half our guys are going to be sucking those oxygen masks hard, warm and high altitude and first game of the season where guys play extended time. We really need to jump out early on them so we can rotate guys in in the second quarter and half.

adeltaY

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MileHighReport/status/1037767499075342336[/tweet]

This is insane. I know some of them are exaggerating and purposefully being homers, but if you look at the comments, they think 12-4 is a realistic possibility and I didn't see anyone predict under 9-7.... huh? 9-7 would be if things break right for the Broncos IMO. Many of them seem to think they're competing for the AFCW with the Chargers LOL. On paper they are at best the third best team in their division. Injuries happen and Chargers gonna charge, but as of now all we have are the opening day rosters and the Chargers are far better than the Broncos.

I respect our fans here for having realistic takes. Even eternal optimists like Aros or Soulfish have us at 9-10 wins, which I think is fair. Most seem to have us at 7-9 wins. Good on (the vast majority of) us for not downing the Koolaid.