Anyone surprised Prosise made it?

seabowl

Reaction score
I guess when you.look at the numbers I can see them giving Prosise a spot but man he has to be on his last leg. It was 2 seasons ago that he displayed what he can do in that Pats game. Since then all he's done is take up a roster spot and he did very little in the preseason.

Steve2222

Reaction score
He also had like a 70 yard TD pass the week after the Pats game against the Eagles. Then he got hurt.

xray

Reaction score
Prosise has one good game out of the 11 he dressed for and he keeps his job????!!!!! Makes you wonder if maybe he has some dirt on Pete Carroll. He has been nothing short of dead weight for two years. They also kept Delano Hill!!?? He can't cover or tackle. If I were Paul Allen I would be calling Carroll down to my office for a WTF session :x

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think it came down to overall depth which there isnt a lot of this year. There was no real surprise cut or guy that should of made it based on an awesome pre season. Prosise did not look good in the pre season even vs the cfl quality scrubs. Fact of the matter is Prosise will likely be on IR before the bye or find himself as IA when Mckissic is back. I suspect this year is his last shot. Glad we kept Davis....

mikeak

Reaction score
More guys will be cut. If not now then as players come back / others become available. You keep Prosise for week 1 and as long as he plays.

If he can stay healthy he stays on roster. If he gets injured he will probably be cut

getnasty

Reaction score
High end talent has a much longer leash. No I'm not surprised.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If he doesn’t remain healthy this year he will be gone.

I suspect as well that if he does show something the team may offload him preferring McKissic who’s health has allowed him to be kept. He also could be very under utilized if Penny starts to light it up.

Jville

Reaction score
What I keep hearing is that there are specific plays built around the unique abilities of Prosise. If Prosise goes away, those unique plays are shelved. I can only assume that the envisioned match up problems Prosise brings to the field keeps them hanging in there with Prosise for one more try. It's reasonable to assume they have refrained from running those unique plays during the preseason games.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's been an easy decision from the start. He has huge upside and a very cheap contract. If he gets hurt he goes to IR and then we can still bring up your favorite PS guy that you wish we had kept instead.

Paying Prosise is a different matter and once his rookie contract runs out he'll probably be out as well.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The contract has never been the issue for me with Prosise. It’s that he is taking up a valuable roster spot

Steve2222

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3rnh34w2 said:
Steve2222":3rnh34w2 said:
He also had like a 70 yard TD pass the week after the Pats game against the Eagles. Then he got hurt.

It was a TD run actually.

Admittedly I wasn’t sure if it was a run or dink and dunk pass he broke for a long TD. I had a 50/50 shot and got it wrong.

olyfan63

Reaction score
As usual, it's me and Rocket holding down the C.J. Prosise Fan Club.
AgentDib, I'm drafting you into the Prosise Fan Club too. Like your take on things. I think it's how the 'Hawks see it.

Steve2222":21wkoji6 said:
Admittedly I wasn’t sure if it was a run or dink and dunk pass he broke for a long TD. I had a 50/50 shot and got it wrong.

Video of the TD RUN. Here ya go.

[youtube]xXhRe16fUtI[/youtube]

What's interesting is Prosise's vision to see the safety coming to fill the hole, then bouncing it one gap outside, where the safety (#23) then had to change directions, but was overcommitted and could not catch Prosise down the sideline. #23 looks like a 4.3 guy in the 40 and couldn't track down Prosise.

No gloating here over Prosise making the 53, the Seahawks simply did the logical thing under the circumstances.
After all, this is the NFL = Not For Long, and now it's time for Prosise to stay healthy and show his stuff.
If he doesn't, y'all who are dogging him will surely get your wish. I'm betting he will do his thing on the field.
I hereby predict Prosise will be #2 or better in yards from scrimmage among Seahawks Running Backs this year.

AgentDib

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3q5w8xqn said:
The contract has never been the issue for me with Prosise. It’s that he is taking up a valuable roster spot
He's taking it up now because he is healthy.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It's more dissapointing than surprising tbh. He has no business being on this roster, when a hard working kid like Reynolds could come in and contribute.