Brian Schottenheimer 09/06/18 Transcript w/ embedded audio

Jville

Reaction score
Brian Schottenheimer 09/06/18 Transcript w/ embedded audio >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawksmedia.com/transcripts/schottenheimer-brian-09-06-18/[/urltargetblank]

(On the where he learned to trust his players and listen to the quarterbacks) “Probably my first year in coaching I was a quality control coach with the Rams and was just helping out with the quarterbacks. (I) sat down one day after practice talking to Isaac Bruce and was just kind of amazed at what a wealth of knowledge Isaac was in terms of route running techniques, the ability to release versus press, top of the routes. I was just sitting there – I’ve always been a big note taker – I went in and wrote a bunch of notes, jotted down. Then the next day, I grabbed him again and said hey I missed a few things, can we talk about it a little bit more? That kind of taught me early that these guys see it different than we do in terms of the vantage point. We see it from back in the back, but they’re out there doing it. I think you’re crazy if you don’t listen to them, take their input, look at the film and try to make what you think’s the best decision for us to be successful. I’ve always listened to players. Doesn’t mean I do always what they want, but certainly take their input after factoring all together with the staff, we make a decision with what gives us the best chance to win.”