Frank Clark needs a big game

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Both Broncos OTs are physical, aggressive players, but they have struggled in pass protection. Their LT, Garett Bolles, was tied with Michael Bennett for 2nd most penalties in the NFL as a rookie (10 holding, four false starts, 1 unnecessary roughness). Bolles had a bad pass blocking grade of 51.0 last year. Clark needs to use speed and violent hands to work his way around Bolles and maybe force a holding call or two.

Lp4lekmhxe9bw0880dhj

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Clark gets off the snap quickly, so maybe after a few speed rushes, Bolles will be flinchy (is that a word?).

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/945024723783766022[/tweet]

Interesting. Even the bull rush was effective against Bolles last year. Broncos coaches think he has improved, but how much? He had an unnecessary roughness penalty in preseason.

That's some of the worst technique I've seen. He looked like Rees Odhiambo on a bad day.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Bolles had two more holding penalties than Ifedi in 2017.

It would be nice to have Clark barreling down Case Keenum's blindside on the regular, forcing them to use a TE or back to help. In the two biggest wins last year, against the Eagles and Rams, Clark was his most impactful.

Giphy

TreeRon

Reaction score
Clark is NOT an elite player. I've never been impressed. We've all seen what elite is at this position. Unless he picks it up big time, no way we pay him. By mid season I'll bet DE's are Jordan and Green (if no injuries). Trade him at some point for a pick.

HawkerD

Reaction score
TreeRon":2cdjf0tq said:
Clark is NOT an elite player. I've never been impressed. We've all seen what elite is at this position. Unless he picks it up big time, no way we pay him. By mid season I'll bet DE's are Jordan and Green (if no injuries). Trade him at some point for a pick.

Compltely agree with him not being elite. He is a complementry player. If an oline has to worry about a better DE on the other side then Clark can be big. but If he is the man then he is not worth a Big DE contract.