I thought we were supposed to run the ball?

James in PA

Reaction score
Well, as usual, Wilson was doing lots of Running. Unfortunately it was usually backwards for 8 yard losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Denver looked less good at stopping the run than anticipated. Carson was pretty much having his way with them, until the fumble.

I would love to see Carson get 20+ carries next Monday.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm not going to pull the fire alarm yet but i'll say this. If things don't get better the FO has to be held accountable because there responsible for finding the talent it takes to win and the last true star player they drafted was Wagner in 2012.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I kind of started wondering about this in the preseason. There wasn’t any kind of concerted effort to practice and establish the run in the preseason games and there wasn’t today. During the preseason we saw a lot of downfield passes just as we did today. Are they trying to set up the run with the pass or do they just want to be a big play go deep offense?

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
James in PA":1bcajkyg said:
Well, as usual, Wilson was doing lots of Running. Unfortunately it was usually backwards for 8 yard losses.

Try 22-yard losses. As in multiple. Sorry, but losing that much yardage is inexcusable. Throw away the damn ball.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
James in PA":bioxccuu said:

Most of those plays were already dead in the water, or 3rd down plays. He was under a lot of pressure and tried to play the hero

And with most QBs, that kind of pressure usually results in a sack-fumble and maybe a TD

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Carson only getting 7 carries is such a low number for him. Was very surprised by that. Plus, the back spin crap Russ keeps trying to do hasn't worked for the last 3 seasons, instant 9-10 yard loss for us when he does it. He still hasn't learned to step up in the pocket.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":y28ckhrk said:
Try 22-yard losses. As in multiple. Sorry, but losing that much yardage is inexcusable. Throw away the damn ball.

Exactly, I was so mad at all of those losses.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Gotta admit, I believed the bait-and-switch comments all off-season that they were committed to the run. Once again, I see now that it was a load of crap.

adeltaY

Reaction score
We couldn't run because we couldn't sustain drives. I believe Carson and Penny had one successful run each. Carson had that big 24 yarder, but the rest of his runs weren't effective. Getting 10 yards on 3rd and 16 does wonders for YPC, but it doesn't do much for keeping a drive alive. Our horrible job on third down gave us fewer opportunities to run and get Carson really going. The offense just didn't have any semblance of flow.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Scorpion05":8vg1pp28 said:
James in PA":8vg1pp28 said:
Most of those plays were already dead in the water, or 3rd down plays. He was under a lot of pressure and tried to play the hero
And with most QBs, that kind of pressure usually results in a sack-fumble and maybe a TD

The repeated spin out sacks are one clear illustration of "Hero Ball" which is what Russell has been playing the past few seasons. Now for Schotty to go to work with Russell and help him find better options than the spin-out into a sack.