2 and 2 after 4?

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
As long as Wilson survives a Khalil Mack pummeling we should be alright. After Chicago we've got Dallas and Arizona. Should be able to settle in with these coaches, sit at 2 wins, 2 losses and hopefully gel and make a run. Fingers crossed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly what I have been hoping for a long time. 2 and 2 with 3 road games under your belt? Sign me up.

Chapow

Reaction score
Khalil Mack and Co. are going to eat Ifedi alive. It's going to be brutal. I'm genuinely concerned that we aren't going to have a healthy QB after next week.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Chapow":1euowpgs said:
Khalil Mack and Co. are going to eat Ifedi alive. It's going to be brutal. I'm genuinely concerned that we aren't going to have a healthy QB after next week.

Same here. Its going to be a miracle if Wilson makes it through this season.

1-3 after 4

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":24cfkfnf said:
Chapow":24cfkfnf said:

1-3 after 4

Let's see if there is an improvement in both Defense and Offense next week in Chicago. The Bears are going to take out their frustration on the Hawks after that game last night.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2wbyxpyr said:
Chapow":2wbyxpyr said:

1-3 after 4

Wilson was supposed to die during the Eagles game last year. Instead, Pete woke up and called a quick passing game that let Wilson protect himself with quick throws. Then he went back to getting Russell killed with deep shots behind a line that can't protect because raaawwrrr our brand of football.

Pete.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Guess I'm the optimist in the room I see a 3-1 coming.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Chicago’s not that good. GB gave the blueprint on how to neutralize their rush

strohmin

Reaction score
Steve2222":19p7l8o0 said:
Chicago’s not that good. GB gave the blueprint on how to neutralize their rush

Ya but is this offense capable of executing that blue print and neutralizing that rush?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1icg5vip said:
pittpnthrs":1icg5vip said:
Chapow":1icg5vip said:

1-3 after 4

Wilson was supposed to die during the Eagles game last year. Instead, Pete woke up and called a quick passing game that let Wilson protect himself with quick throws. Then he went back to getting Russell killed with deep shots behind a line that can't protect because raaawwrrr our brand of football.

Pete.

Wilson is supposed to die every year behind these lines (and get happy feet/get ruined). I'm not saying it's right what he has to put up with, but he seems to weather the issue amazingly well. Every year this gets predicted and he just hammers through.

kf3339

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":1fwx98v0 said:
As long as Wilson survives a Khalil Mack pummeling we should be alright. After Chicago we've got Dallas and Arizona. Should be able to settle in with these coaches, sit at 2 wins, 2 losses and hopefully gel and make a run. Fingers crossed.

Seeing Dallas and Arizona week one, I think 2-2 is a reasonable assumption. Of course that means we lose next Monday night to Chicago. Hate that.

Chapow

Reaction score
Yeah, overall Chicago is not that good. OTOH, the right side of our OL is horrendously bad and Khalil Mack is Von Miller level elite. I just watched Mack dominate a far superior player than Ifedi last night.

One of these days Russ isn't going to be able to hold up to the pummeling anymore. And it's some bullshit that he's still being asked too.

hawk45

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":332u4z0l said:
pittpnthrs":332u4z0l said:
Chapow":332u4z0l said:

1-3 after 4

Pete.

Whats-his-face Brett Kollner film room guy analysis was that our gameplan was the result of the Eagles using a heavy mix of man defense, causing us to use rub routes and such giving Russ easier reads (if defender is trailing, guy is open).

It wasn't my analysis and I didn't look at subsequent teams to verify that they all play more zone, just throwing that out there to suggest that taking a small sample size where we won against what was supposed to be a good pass rush may not tell the whole story.

IIRC subsequent teams starting pasting the Eagles with the same gameplan.

Seahawker

Reaction score
4 of 1st 6 away.
Bye.
4 of last 10 away.
4 of last 6 at home.
We are just fine.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Chapow":1ho5bzdm said:

Go wildcat all game to preserve our QB.

mikeak

Reaction score
I am convinced that if nothing else we now have an OC that understands game planning for your opponent

First game out is hard - you don't truly know what you have with your offensive line. For one they have practiced against the DL that we all realized yesterday sucks. So they probably looked great in practice.......

So quick passes, dump offs, outlet passes, 2 rb set with Penny splitting wide and Carson as a bruiser is what I expect against the Bears.

I think we beat them and sit 3-1 in a few weeks

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was excited about the change. But any coach should know that if you're O line is getting dominated by the opponents d line you run the damn ball. They didn't even try it. It's next level strange that they can't put 2 and 2 together and figure that out.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
They could still be a good team this year it's possible so i'm not conceding the season. They will have to play better though if they want to be more than a 500 team.