It looks like we really miss Bennett

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One thing I noticed is that without Bennett to take up those 2 OL, our other guys are having a much more difficult time getting pressure.

I will give it a few games because we missed Greene and Poona but it looks like this trade was a mistake. Regardless of his play on the Eagles, the job he did for us here was one that isn't being filled well.

However, maybe a few more games we will see if this problem is an outlier or if not keeping Bennett was a tremendous error.

( I don't care about the political crud. He could be wiping himself with the flag at the 50 yd line for all I care. We are talking about his impact as a football player on the football field and how his loss impacts the pressure our DL is able to apply)

Sac

Reaction score
Where the hell was Poona Ford? I didn't see him all game. Thought he would've done some damage.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Meh. I see your point, I do, but the tire tread is thin on him and I believe that first outing wearing Eagles green last Thursday will be the trend moving forward. By no means do I think he would make that much of a difference at this stage in his career. Perfectly fine to admit I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

The Seahawks already got his best years.

themunn

Reaction score
Sac":asz1ojfd said:
Where the hell was Poona Ford? I didn't see him all game. Thought he would've done some damage.

Inactive

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I thought Shamar Stephen played really well.

Dion Jordan was pretty active on limited snaps.

I don’t think the DL played that badly.

Poona Ford and Nazair Jones were not active for this game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bennett stunk Thursday night, had two combined tackles and one assist.

That's was playing only 30-40% of the snaps rotating with Philly's nasty D-line where there was plenty to eat with a poor banged up Falcons O-line.............and he's looked slow and old all preseason.

To the point where he's not even starting anymore.

So no thanks, I'd rather develop the younger guys than see another season of Bennett worn out by the 8th game and being invisible for the rest of the year.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Was Naz injured leading to his inactive or coaches call?

hawk45

Reaction score
Prime Bennett probably no longer exists, but I agree we miss Prime Bennett production. As well as Avril and even Sheldon taking up 2 blockers.

The DL was always going to suck at generating pressure this year unless we discovered a bunch of pro-bowl young players out of nowhere and we did not do that.

Didn't give up any 40 yards runs though, I'll take that.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawk45":35mioua7 said:
Prime Bennett probably no longer exists, but I agree we miss Prime Bennett production. As well as Avril and even Sheldon taking up 2 blockers.

The DL was always going to suck at generating pressure this year unless we discovered a bunch of pro-bowl young players out of nowhere and we did not do that.

Didn't give up any 40 yards runs though, I'll take that.

This!!

We miss something that no longer exists.

And I do not miss the 2017 version of that player either!!

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Bennett is a shadow of his former self and he tries to fill what's missing w/non-football related nonsense.

There's plenty to be concerned about w/this team but the absence of Bennett isn't one of them...

canucklehead

Reaction score
semiahmoo":7xh1ysuf said:
Bennett is a shadow of his former self and he tries to fill what's missing w/non-football related nonsense.

There's plenty to be concerned about w/this team but the absence of Bennett isn't one of them...

Dat the Truth.

Bennett was invisible or on the ground like 2017 for most of his snaps in Eagles 2018 opener.

In his day he was great but that day is not now.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
canucklehead":1gioye67 said:
semiahmoo":1gioye67 said:

Dat the Truth.

Bennett was invisible or on the ground like 2017 for most of his snaps in Eagles 2018 opener.

In his day he was great but that day is not now.

Yup. His tank is all but empty and has been for a while. Life goes on...

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He doesn't need to be better than the starters for the Eagles to be better than we have now.

We are getting no pressure at all without Bennett. Admittedly, we had Avril last year too but missing both those guys clearly impacts our line's effectiveness.

The answer that because he could not start elsewhere he cannot help us here is lazy logic, if that.

In spite of the issues, he was good for us. False starts notwithstanding. Would he suddenly have gotten that much worse in one year? Maybe. I doubt it.

I think we would be better with him.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Dion Jordan looked really good, but he only played 15 snaps (because he only returned from injury last week).

Going forward, Jordan should play more snaps.

Reed and Johnson had very quiet games. I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Ford and Jones in the next game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I will agree that we definitely miss an interior rusher that can disrupt, penetrate and collapse the pocket.

And boy did it show yesterday, Keenum had a clean pocket WAY too often, and Denver doesn't even have that good of a line. Not good news going forward.

But miss Bennett? Nope, unless we just stepped out of a time machine and it's 2014.

zetes

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2xpiz8if said:
I will agree that we definitely miss an interior rusher that can disrupt, penetrate and collapse the pocket.

And boy did it show yesterday, Keenum had a clean pocket WAY too often, and Denver doesn't even have that good of a line. Not good news going forward.

But miss Bennett? Nope, unless we just stepped out of a time machine and it's 2014.

I agree. We had no choice but to move on from Bennett. He cost too much and we needed cap relief. He was great for us during his prime but he would not have been the answer yesterday at this point in his career. Awesome pass rushers are hard to find and EVERY team wants them badly so it is not surprising we our pass rush will be a weak spot on the team this year - hopefully some of the younger guys overperform and coaches can manufacture some pass rush when needed.

Z.

Latest posts