Wyman’s Football 101 Where was Seahawks breakdown on Sanders

ivotuk

Reaction score
Wyman’s Football 101: Where was Seahawks’ breakdown on Emmanuel Sanders’ 43-yard TD?

One of the most pivotal plays in the Seahawks’ Week 1 loss to the Broncos was a 43-yard touchdown reception by Denver wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders.

Seahawks’ Tre Flowers is his own harshest critic after Week 1 start

In the second quarter, Sanders found himself open in the middle of the field on a crossing route, caught a pass from Case Keenum, continued to cut towards the sideline, then turned upfield to the end zone. There was certainly a breakdown by the Seahawks’ defense on the play, but where?

In the first Football 101 video of the season by Seahawks radio color commentator Dave Wyman, he takes to the white board to try to diagnose where the problem was for Seattle and explains why pointing the finger isn’t always as easy as you might think when the defense gives up a big play.

If you’re looking for more on the Seahawks heading into Monday’s Week 2 matchup with the Chicago Bears, here are a few more posts to check out on 710Sports.com.

[youtube]QQ78IgOIbTY[/youtube]

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/518707/wy ... 3-yard-td/

Jville

Reaction score
I look forward to weekly Dave Wyman play analysis.

Great subject this week on "Why you shouldn't point the finger".

Thanks for posting.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! Great breakdown but Wyman. He's such a good football mind. Is Brock not doing the 101s anymore? Honestly, I prefer Wyman. Loved that he spoke about Flowers with high regard. I'm happy that someone with more football smarts than myself saw a lot of good on Flowers play on Sunday.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Think Wyman does the defense and Brock the offense. Thought I’d seen some weeks with one from both.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
How amazing would it be if both Wyman and Huard did Football 101 each week? And put it at the top of their Podcast page. I bet it would bring in more listeners to 710's podcasts...(shameless bargaining).

And Jim Moore could do "Refereeing 101" to dispute calls that went against us. It would be pure Comedy! And it would make Jim Moore a popular man. Chicks would be all over him (little yellow, fuzzy ones). :idea:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3n0ejf9j said:
Thanks for sharing! Great breakdown but Wyman. He's such a good football mind. Is Brock not doing the 101s anymore? Honestly, I prefer Wyman. Loved that he spoke about Flowers with high regard. I'm happy that someone with more football smarts than myself saw a lot of good on Flowers play on Sunday.

I also like how he continued to point out that no matter what it looks like on TV as far as blame goes, nobody really knows what someone's assignment is unless you are in that organization.

D

DomeHawk

Good stuff. I like how he points out that it isn't always as it may seem.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
This was cool. Looking forward to more from Wyman.

Like his Seattle-Grunge vibe. He had a solid football career, married a Sea Gal, and remained part of the community.

Good on him. Keep these coming.