Bad Injury Luck Already

adeltaY

Reaction score
I was just thinking about this and, wow, we are already hurting pretty badly.

Doug Baldwin: injuries to both knees
KJ Wright: recovering from knee scope
Frank Clark: elbow
Dion Jordan: working back from injury
Rashad Penny: working back from hand surgery
DJ Fluker: hamstring injury
Dontae Johnson: IR right before the season
Ed Dickson: NIR

I'm sure there are more, but damn, for a team hurting for talent, we are also just hurting.

T-Hawk

Reaction score
Throw in Maxwell and Jones going to IR before the season as well. Yeah it's been a rough start as far as injuries go. :/

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Actually I read somewhere that we're right about the NFL average, if you can believe that.

sdog1981

Reaction score
adeltaY":2lrl0chk said:

These injuries I put on the training staff. What the hell are they doing? Every one of these players had something botched in the offseason regarding their recovery or surgery recovery. These are five important players and the team medical staff screwed up.

Injuries during the season? I get it they happen and there is very little that can be done about them. But these are different these are all injury management problems that blew up in the teams face.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As myopic as we fans can be about our specific team, I just wonder if it's true that we seem to have the injury bug worse than average or if we really are in the average. Sure doesn't seem that way but admittedly I am not a fan of other NFL teams, nor do I play fantasy football so I am not in touch with league injuries unless it's an obvious big name player.

Anyone with insight?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Aros":ewy422rw said:
As myopic as we fans can be about our specific team, I just wonder if it's true that we seem to have the injury bug worse than average or if we really are in the average. Sure doesn't seem that way but admittedly I am not a fan of other NFL teams, nor do I play fantasy football so I am not in touch with league injuries unless it's an obvious big name player.

Anyone with insight?

Aros, meet Montana. Montana, meet Aros.

MontanaHawk05":ewy422rw said:
Actually I read somewhere that we're right about the NFL average, if you can believe that.

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1ei9fva9 said:

Wow that's pretty crazy then. Our first two opponents seem pretty damn healthy though. Every man on the 53 was a full participant for the Broncos the week leading up to the game and I can't think of the Bears having any major injuries.

Throw in Bradley McDougald playing on a hurt knee as well! Just saw condotta tweeted about that.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1040267856376672256[/tweet]

sdog1981

Reaction score
Everyone forgets how decimated the Broncos were along the Oline and defense during 48.......

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At least the injury bug has hit early and there is a shot the team could get healthier as the season progresses.

One can hope at any rate.

RCATES

Reaction score
This team wasn't doing Jack this year anyways. Maybe with these losses we'll go from Bad to Terrible and draft a QB next year in the top 5.

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
RCATES":d0xmpscx said:
This team wasn't doing Jack this year anyways. Maybe with these losses we'll go from Bad to Terrible and draft a QB next year in the top 5.

Maybe they should pick a pass rusher in the top 5 and sign Ryan Mallet on the cheap. He's very tall and pocket like :stirthepot:

Natethegreat

Reaction score
RCATES":21bzjtt6 said:
Yes, pass on our greatest need an edge rusher or right tackle and draft our strongest position on this team. Not that we would ever finish that low anyway. Russ would have to be injured for the year for that to happen.

BigMeach

Reaction score
While I would agree we're about average, we seem to have bad luck with which players get dinged up. For the last few years it's seeming to always be our best players. This year included.

zetes

Reaction score
adeltaY":zomzjkv6 said:

Rashad Penny: working back from hand surgery
DJ Fluker: hamstring injury
Dontae Johnson: IR right before the season

I'm sure there are more, but damn, for a team hurting for talent, we are also just hurting.

I have to disagree with most of you because I don't think Seahawks are any different than most teams when it comes to injuries. Also, Dio Jordan is ALWAYS hurt - that's why the Dolphins gave up on him. DJ Fluker was hurt last year and we signed him cheap because of that too. Ed Dickson is an OLD tight end -- nobody should be surprised he is hurt. Dontae Johson was a terrible CB for the 9ers so it is a blessing he got IRed. Rashad broke a finger but is active -- not a big deal. KJ Wright has a lot of miles on him and it is actually surprising he hasn't missed more games in his career. Doug Baldwin is probably the "unluckiest" injury since he has only missed 2 games in the last seven years but some might say he has been extra lucky in his career to have missed so few games.

Z.

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
Fair enough, but Dontae was going to start for us and at least he has some more experience in a similar system compared to Tre. Also the KJ injury was bad luck as is Bobby's - plenty of players with more wear and tear than them have been healthy going into the season and we rely heavily on them to have an even remotely functioning D.

Penny's injury cost him a lot of practice time and even Pete said he looked rusty.

Then again, the Falcons and Panthers appear to be even more beat up than us, difference is they have the talent to overcome it and we just don't any more.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I posted that we were just about exactly average going into the Denver game. We're probably below average right now with Wagner, Griffin, McDougald and Flowers a little dinged up.

The Bears are doing much better than average although their starting RG may also miss Monday.

xray

Reaction score
The injuries plus no depth----no playoffs. :irishdrinkers:

Seahawker

Reaction score
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...

Bring the adversity, BRING IT!!!

We have Russell Wilson, the best punter ever, fan's that travel well and Dave Krieg might make the HOF.
Are you ready for some football?!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
RCATES":h4anaxvb said:
Nah nah, what they'll do is, they'll have top 10 pick, with someone amazing on the board still, but instead Carroll trades down multiple times and then finally draft a kicker in round 4...

Lmao.

It's funny cause it may actually happen.