Sky is Falling.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Who’s in?

Y’all know who you are, post up.

Sure, it’s frustrating when your team doesn’t live up to your expectations.

It’s absolutely understandable that you don’t have the same confidence that you had a couple/few seasons ago.

Do you understand that there are 5, five players left from our SB48 team?

Seriously, I’d like for us to justify our complaints.
Are you willing to put yours in writing?

We have, without a doubt, or legitimate argument, the best QB/head coach combo in the history of the franchise.

We actually had a great draft this year.
Young guys are in training, and I’d guess we have a couple of future ProBowlers up and coming.

Can we talk?
Be honest, justify your complaints, don’t talk shit, keep it real.

Why are you so discouraged with this team, our coaching staff, and/or the QB?

What problems do you see the Seahawks having that are unique to the Seahawks?

I’m actually optimistic for the future as a Hawk fan, give me reason to not be, I want to be in “the in crowd”.

Ready, Set, Go.

King Dog

Reaction score
It's kind of hard to know what we have when everyone is injured. I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the show :D

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I'm in...for 7-9..why because that is realistic for what we have this year in what the beginning of a rebuild. Low end..5-11 if the injuries mount up. Not in denial of where we are at hoping that management signs some old broken down cast off we got rid of 2 years to try and capture some old glory. It is what it is and poor drafting and horrible trades got us to what is going to be a down year. It was bound to happen,...doesn't mean I'm not going to cheer every week. I think this will be our down year and it will get better!

xray

Reaction score
Pay attention kids it fell along time ago. :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
King Dog":2wiw88sl said:
It's kind of hard to know what we have when everyone is injured. I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the show :D

I do love me some Seahawk football.
Always have, and as long as they remain the Seattle Seahawks always will.

I’m going to enjoy the show with you.

:{)

My issue here is, there is so much negativity going around.
I feel like I’m missing something.

I truly want to understand why folks are so down on our team.

I don’t really understand Xs&Os that well, so I’m hoping that a few will help me understand why they are so discouraged and disappointed.

I’m simply not able to grasp why so many are unhappy.

adeltaY

Reaction score
toffee":ixe2f9n3 said:
I am out of touch, what picks do we own in '19 draft?

1, 3, 4, and 5. Not a lot of ammo right now.

There are some reasons for optimism, but we don't have much depth at CB going forward, aren't developing any LBs besides Quem who may not be best suited for the position, and major question marks at S. Glad we have Green developing at DE and hope we can nab another pass rusher in the first round - should be solid on DL in all honesty.

Offense has some bright spots but we need to draft and develop two tackles to replace Ifedi soon and DB in a couple years. Also need a true #1 WR now that Baldwin is getting up there in age. Need an answer at RG in the future as well. Also at pass catching TE unless Dissly can grow into the role.

There are holes everywhere and the bad drafting from 2013 to 2016 is mostly to blame.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
xray":1qmeyfv5 said:
Pay attention kids it fell along time ago. :irishdrinkers:

What does this mean?

I’ve read your posts, and you are obviously down on this team.

Man up, and take a few minutes to explain yourself.

Tell me why you are in such a negative frame of mind with THIS team.

Please, like I said, keep it real don’t just talk shit.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Let's be real here, this never was going to be a season that we competed. It is a year that we reload. We lost a lot of talent and haven't replaced them with good alternatives. As long as we hang in games, and our rookies show development I'll be happy to watch.

King Dog

Reaction score
adeltaY":3howh5yq said:
toffee":3howh5yq said:

Welp. We may not be good, but at least we've stockpiled a lot of draft picks to reload.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3k0afbi8 said:
Let's be real here, this never was going to be a season that we competed. It is a year that we reload. We lost a lot of talent and haven't replaced them with good alternatives. As long as we hang in games, and our rookies show development I'll be happy to watch.

You mean competed for a SB, right? Because what I saw in Denver was a fairly competitive game, close in score, and some good plays mixed in with some bad. If this team plays competitively with every other team in the league, even if they miss the playoffs, isn't that a win?

Fade

Reaction score
King Dog":22hkmb90 said:
adeltaY":22hkmb90 said:
toffee":22hkmb90 said:

Welp. We may not be good, but at least we've stockpiled a lot of draft picks to reload.

The bigger concern is where Pete is going to want to spend the Free Agency money. Year after year he has flushed precious cap space down the toilet. Signing guys that don't contribute, or if they play they are horrendous. Thanks Pete.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
adeltaY":2yz1n0e3 said:
toffee":2yz1n0e3 said:

There are some reasons for optimism, but we don't have much depth at CB going forward, aren't developing any LBs besides Quem who may not be best suited for the position, and major question marks at S. Glad we have Green developing at DE and hope we can nab another pass rusher in the first round - should be solid on DL in all honesty.

Offense has some bright spots but we need to draft and develop two tackles to replace Ifedi soon and DB in a couple years. Also need a true #1 WR now that Baldwin is getting up there in age. Need an answer at RG in the future as well. Also at pass catching TE unless Dissly can grow into the role.

There are holes everywhere and the bad drafting from 2013 to 2016 is mostly to blame.

Predicting we trade Earl for a 2nd after the Cowboy game.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Fade":9ibvdwl0 said:
The bigger concern is where Pete is going to want to spend the Free Agency money. Year after year he has flushed precious cap space down the toilet. Signing guys that don't contribute, or if they play they are horrendous. Thanks Pete.

Fair enough, and there are many that would agree with you.

Remember though, we’re “keeping it real”.

Care to explain how you would do things differently?

Were there free agents that you would have rather signed?
What would you have done differently if you had “the power” to make the decisions?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
pmedic920":lth2xv1l said:
Who’s in?

It’s absolutely understandable that you don’t have the same confidence that you had a couple/few seasons ago.

We have, without a doubt, or legitimate argument, the best QB/head coach combo in the history of the franchise.

Young guys are in training, and I’d guess we have a couple of future ProBowlers up and coming.

Can we talk?

I’m actually optimistic for the future as a Hawk fan, give me reason to not be, I want to be in “the in crowd”.

Ready, Set, Go.

I think it all depends on what your expectations were entering this season. I thought winning 8 games, if we got a lot of return from youngsters, would be a pretty good effort.

The injuries definitely suck this early in the season.

As always, if people are super high on the team...great. If others are not...also great. I am not sure why it always has to be a tug of war in here. We all have objective opinions about things. There have been some pretty consistent negative trends we have seen for the last few seasons. There have been some poor trades and free agency decisions. There has been some big time player movement.

It is the normal ebb and flow of a franchise (well, any franchise not named New England).

I think for those of us that have been following the team for a long time (since 1977 for me), we have seen the worst of the worst. I wonder sometimes if some of the more recent entrants to our fan base are a little "spoiled"? That doesn't mean they have to be 100% positive all the time, but if you watched this team in the late 70s, early 80s, and early 90s...you learned the hard way.

As far as the 2018 draft being "great"? Way, way too early to say that...and we have no empirical evidence to label it that way. Let's check in down range on that one.

Our surprising first round pick looks a little slow so far, but hopefully as he learns the NFL game he will improve. Green flashed in the pre-season, but that can be Fools Gold - and he wasn't even noticed in the first game. Dissly is already a stud. Griffin looks like a man without a natural position fit and was overwhelmed in his first real game, but obviously we give him time. Flowers will have growing pains, especially switching positions. Dickson is also a stud. The rest (Jones, Martin, McGough)? Jones hurt, Martin is seeing some time, and McGough is on the P.S.

Potential? Yes. Great? No, not yet - not even close.

Beren

Reaction score
I'm not crestfallen, but I'm realistic that we're in a stacked NFC undergoing a bit of a rebuild on defence, and I don't expect that rebuild to bear fruit this season.

Our QB is elite, our O-Line showed improvements week 1 (though Ifedi remains a concern). Dickson is my new favourite player ( :lol: ) and I'm really enjoying watching Carson. I'm hopeful Penny can contribute meaningfully later in the season too. There's not much at WR with Baldwin out - although I really enjoy watching Lockett on the end of rainbows.

On defence, I love KJ and Wagner (but both are banged up). Shaq Griffin had a promising rookie season, but is far from instilling fear in opposing QBs. ET is not long for the team. Frank Clark is good (and I hope he stays healthy). Everywhere else, pretty much, are question marks. As is the coaching going forward.

Things are trending into the unknown more than definitively up or down, IMO. I'd have more confidence that the unknown might be up if I had more confidence in the back office to make the right decisions and think of a path back to a SuperBowl win, not just a path back to scraping into the playoffs.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3ekeuoqh said:
pmedic920":3ekeuoqh said:
Who’s in?

Can we talk?

Ready, Set, Go.

I think it all depends on what your expectations were entering this season. I thought winning 8 games, if we got a lot of return from youngsters, would be a pretty good effort.

The injuries definitely suck this early in the season.

As always, if people are super high on the team...great. If others are not...also great. I am not sure why it always has to be a tug of war in here. We all have objective opinions about things. There have been some pretty consistent negative trends we have seen for the last few seasons. There have been some poor trades and free agency decisions. There has been some big time player movement.

It is the normal ebb and flow of a franchise (well, any franchise not named New England).

I think for those of us that have been following the team for a long time (since 1977 for me), we have seen the worst of the worst. I wonder sometimes if some of the more recent entrants to our fan base are a little "spoiled"? That doesn't mean they have to be 100% positive all the time, but if you watched this team in the late 70s, early 80s, and early 90s...you learned the hard way.

As far as the 2018 draft being "great"? Way, way too early to say that...and we have no empirical evidence to label it that way. Let's check in down range on that one.

Our surprising first round pick looks a little slow so far, but hopefully as he learns the NFL game he will improve. Green flashed in the pre-season, but that can be Fools Gold - and he wasn't even noticed in the first game. Dissly is already a stud. Griffin looks like a man without a natural position fit and was overwhelmed in his first real game, but obviously we give him time. Flowers will have growing pains, especially switching positions. Dickson is also a stud. The rest (Jones, Martin, McGough)? Jones hurt, Martin is seeing some time, and McGough is on the P.S.

Potential? Yes. Great? No, not yet - not even close.

Well thought out, and reasonable post/opinion.

My focus with this thread is to understand why the folks that are down with the team are so.

I’d like folks to honestly explain themselves.

I feel like those that have legitimate reasons will take the time to explain.

We’ve all seen the posts.

Those that are simply talking shit will either continue to do so, or they won’t even post in this thread.

I remember the day that we learned that Washington would be getting an NFL team.
My mother and I grabbed hands an did a Jig in the kitchen, so I’ve been on the band wagon for a minute as well.

Truly my desire here is to understand why some folks are so down and discouraged.

I simply would like for those people to explain why they feel like they do, I’m not trying to say they don’t have reason, or the right to feel that way.

It seems the majority are on the negative side, and I don’t get it.

acer1240

Reaction score
I'm in. Russell is worth 7 wins a year by himself. Longtime fans have been through worse.

Go Hawks!

mikeak

Reaction score
Optimistic for the future

Think this season is trending worse than expected. Lots of injuries for an already super thin team with lots of hopeful impact rookies

The drafts of the prior three years is largely to blame.

Still think the next year will be much better and compete for the bowl in 2020