Ricardo Lockette

Hawker8989

Reaction score
How will fans remember him? The injury is unfortunate, but he seemed like a real leader on the team. Was he under appreciated?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Good special teams player, one trick pony ‘receiver’ (barely contributed). Enormous fail in the SB.

OP
OP
H

Hawker8989

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":398cd4na said:
Good special teams player, one trick pony ‘receiver’ (barely contributed). Enormous fail in the SB.

The blame falls on a few people: A) Wilson throwing it that high. B) Kearse not fighting off Browner. I think he could've did more. C) Lockette not being aware of Butler. If any one of those three things doesn't happen, this is a dynasty. But....lets not forget the D folding in the 4th quarter.

I think I need to go cry now.....god that night was a nightmare.

mrt144

Reaction score
I will remember him for how his career ended and how that was one of the most stressful football moments of my life. I thought he was dead. I dont want to watch people die playing football, obviously.

The Breh

Reaction score
Hawker8989":2nod8737 said:
Coug_Hawk08":2nod8737 said:

But....lets not forget the D folding in the 4th quarter.
Yes. 3/4 of the injured LOB, no Avril, and Tharold Simon gave up the lead. To the eventual and living GOAT :pukeface:
We were in trouble the second Lane went out and absolutely doomed when we lost Avril.

But please, please don't forget the 3 & outs in that same 2nd half from our O.

mrt144

Reaction score
The Breh":2dtuwkh3 said:
Hawker8989":2dtuwkh3 said:
Coug_Hawk08":2dtuwkh3 said:

But....lets not forget the D folding in the 4th quarter.
Yes. 3/4 of the injured LOB, no Avril, and Tharold Simon gave up the lead. To the eventual and living GOAT :pukeface:
We were in trouble the second Lane went out and absolutely doomed when we lost Avril.

Tom Brady is a bad QB who never does that kind of stuff, right? ;) :sarcasm_off:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Great, beloved teammate.

People knock Lockette but he has some good catches in the Patriots Super Bowl.

Seems like a lot of people here throwing shade at him, but I've always liked him.

Fan favorite is how I will remember him.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The Breh":1kctkn0q said:
I really can't get enough of this bickering about whether the offense or the defense is more to blame. Maybe you can take your talents to Richard Sherman's talk show.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawker8989":2hf7qhbt said:
Coug_Hawk08":2hf7qhbt said:

The blame falls on a few people: A) Wilson throwing it that high. B) Kearse not fighting off Browner. I think he could've did more. C) Lockette not being aware of Butler. If any one of those three things doesn't happen, this is a dynasty. But....lets not forget the D folding in the 4th quarter.

You left out craptastic playcall.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1lg4tfzb said:
Hawker8989":1lg4tfzb said:
Coug_Hawk08":1lg4tfzb said:

Nothing at all wrong with the play call, some times you win, sometimes you lose. Had they called the thugs number and he didn't make it, which is a very real possibly, you would still be calling it a crapola play call.
Any call that failed would be called a bad call, you just can't please many fans, who are of course, perfect in their own life.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He will ultimately be remembered for the end of that Superbowl.

He made some great plays as a punt gunner, but that's not what he'll be remembered for unfortunately.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
The guy gave his all on every snap, sacrificing his body when the play called for it. Fearless.

And Fast - check out his speed on this one:

FoolhardyWarmBluet small

Reaction score
Dude was fast I think one year it might have been against the cow Girls him blocking like five guys on a Beast mode run! Loved his heart n his quickness never could break the starting line up! It was unfortunate what happened to him good dude tho!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawker8989":22496gqt said:
Coug_Hawk08":22496gqt said:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Weird thread but I will play...I think Lockette was a brilliant special teamer. Great speed, was a so-so receiver. Showed flashes. But what he had in spades was heart and a true love for his team and his teammates. He was ALL IN.

It's that aspect you can't teach. Heart, desire, love for the game and your team? That's worth more than his draft position, and where his story ultimately ended so abruptly.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Guy involved in the worst play in football history.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
You can probably guess what I think from my AVI. More than once he made that same bang bang play on punts

Guess he may be remembered for being the “E” to “No E”

OP
OP
H

Hawker8989

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3kfyzw26 said:
Guy involved in the worst play in football history.

The Colts fake punt was likely worse. Although that was week 6 in a 16 game season.