1-5 to start the year?

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I've watched Dallas (x2 - my eyes!) , Chicago and Oakland (x2) play the last two weeks. I've seen nothing out of Seattle that makes me believe the games won't be at best a coin flip and considering Seattle is on the road 4 out of the first 6 games and one of the home games is agains the red hot Rams, I'd say we are in trouble. Thoughts?

sutz

Reaction score
I think if that happens, I won't be around here much.

:240039: :angry017: :smilie=angry016.gif: :240039: :242733: :242735:

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
sutz":uxzy2u3c said:
I think if that happens, I won't be around here much.

:240039: :angry017: :smilie=angry016.gif: :240039: :242733: :242735:

What do you need to see to keep your spirits up?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Very possible. Anything can happen. Tomorrow will tell us a lot about this team. I agree with Sutz. This place will implode like the Kingdome is they start 1-5.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Arizona, Chicago, Oakland and Dallas are all very flawed teams. Definitely winnable games there. 1-5 seems pretty unlikely, barring additional injuries to key players. I think we have a good chance to be 3-3.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":c2zbsj55 said:
Arizona, Chicago, Oakland and Dallas are all very flawed teams. Definitely winnable games there. 1-5 seems pretty unlikely, barring additional injuries to key players. I think we have a good chance to be 3-3.

Agreed - outside of Arizona, my eyeballs tell me we aren't favored in any of the upcoming five games. It will be interesting to see if Seattle can staunch the bleeding which has been going since the preseason.

toffee

Reaction score
My focus is on the second half of this season, the first half was meant to be tough. Lots of road games, bunch of rookies, we might do OK if the offense can carry the defense. We let one slipped away last week in Denver .... now all the injuries ensure a very tough first half of the season.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Everybody tries to decode how good teams are at the beginning of the season. Remember how the Chiefs were "unstoppable" last year through their first five games then lost six of seven?

Other than some bottom dwellers like the Bills, Browns, and Cardinals and the Patriots, nobody really knows how this is going to go down. That's the fun of it.

The Seahawks could be 1-5 after six games. They could be 5-1. And a bunch of stuff in between.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Meh. 1-5 is a bit much, even with our current injury state. If Wilson remains upright, we are in every game, period.

Dallas won tonight because, well, the Giants are hot garbage minus Barkley and OBJ. They do NOT scare me in the least. If we can't beat the Bears tomorrow night, I fully expect the Cowboys to be our first win of the year.

The Rams are legit, and let's just face it...Unless their wheels inexplicably fall off, they are winning the division this year. They caught us with our pants down this year. What can we do? We're young and injured.

2-4 is my worst-case-scenario for the first 6 games. I can't...I just, I just can't go worse than that.

I think 3-3 is most likely. Maybe it's Fool's Gold but I think we can draw even our first 6 games.

Seymour

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2x7sym7a said:
Everybody tries to decode how good teams are at the beginning of the season. Remember how the Chiefs were "unstoppable" last year through their first five games then lost six of seven?

Other than some bottom dwellers like the Bills, Browns, and Cardinals and the Patriots, nobody really knows how this is going to go down. That's the fun of it.

The Seahawks could be 1-5 after six games. They could be 5-1. And a bunch of stuff in between.

LOL.Did I read that correct....that the Patriots are now bottom dwellers? LMAO.....in what alternate reality is that?

I highly doubt we start 1-5 personally.

Vesuve

Reaction score
falcongoggles":39dl9d1d said:
I've watched Dallas (x2 - my eyes!) , Chicago and Oakland (x2) play the last two weeks. I've seen nothing out of Seattle that makes me believe the games won't be at best a coin flip and considering Seattle is on the road 4 out of the first 6 games and one of the home games is agains the red hot Rams, I'd say we are in trouble. Thoughts?

It's possible .

You folks here have lots of knowledge.

That said, let's focus on 1 game at a time.

We are under no illusions this year.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":tgjwvdz9 said:
Very possible. Anything can happen. Tomorrow will tell us a lot about this team. I agree with Sutz. This place will implode like the Kingdome is they start 1-5.

Maybe weed out some of these post 2012 fans? There may be a silver lining if it does happen.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":1qf01r8k said:
Thepeelsessions":1qf01r8k said:

Maybe weed out some of these post 2012 fans? There may be a silver lining if it does happen.
The silver lining would be clear as day! But that seems pretty brash.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
No doubt in my mind we start 0-2 after tonight. Anything can happen after that. My biggest concern is getting Russ out unscathed!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well, the good news is we win the Bears game.

The start of the year was never going to be the issue here.

It is the tail end of this season where we have our buzzsaw to face.

This was never a terrible team just no longer great.

We join the ranks of the Bengals, Dolphins, Ravens, etc with teams that win some and lose some.

But we weren't going to be 1-5. There are still 6 or 7 wins on our schedule.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":f3yz6jso said:
No doubt, so the game is already over? :lol:

You didn't hear yet? We powered into the time warp and skipped 24 hours due to the great chili cookoff in Austin Texas and the massive gas flow that propelled the planet forward 24 hours.

Sorry...but we lost already man. :twisted:

And 1 hip-hip for Xray..... :irishdrinkers:

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3po3snvj said:
No doubt, so the game is already over? :lol:
Do you think we will be competitive on the road against a very good pass rush, down our starting reciever with an improved yet still weak offensive line? Not to mention our running backs haven't exactly set the tone yet. Oh, how about that defense, banged up with a convict LB signed 4 days ago and a yet unproven rookie starting opposite him. I dont like our chances but I'm hoping for a miracle.