It was always going to end badly.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The end of Pete's time at USC and the end of his time here in Seattle are strikingly similar. Everything was going well for Pete when it was really going well. After a heartbreaking loss in the Rosebowl, the USC team bottomed out not as fast at the NCAA level because the turnover rate is much higher. After 49 the team was never the same and has finally bottomed out. I trust that Paul Allen will find the next coach to lead this team into the next decade.

Paul Allen has rebuilt this team twice. He hired two different coach/GM combinations to get the team to three Super Bowls since 2005.

February 2006 the first Seahawks played in a Superbowl.

February 2014 a second Seahwaks team that was completely rebuilt won the teams first Superbowl. I trust Paul will do what needs to be done.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I thought this thread title was about Russ, because I figured the downside to a guy like him is once he loses his speed, he's not going to be that great anymore. He has lost some speed, so he's not as dangeRuss anymore.

I agree on Pete though. He had a good run, but he peaked a while ago.

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
minormillikin":27v0dbf3 said:
I thought this thread title was about Russ, because I figured the downside to a guy like him is once he loses his speed, he's not going to be that great anymore. He has lost some speed, so he's not as dangeRuss anymore.

That was always my fear with Russ. Steve Young was similar but he was 6' 3" so he was able to become a pure pocket guy. Russ is too short to play as a slow pocket QB. He will go to the CFL and do awesome things.

King Dog

Reaction score
sdog1981":1q01ojan said:
minormillikin":1q01ojan said:

That was always my fear with Russ. Steve Young was similar but he was 6' 3" so he was able to become a pure pocket guy. Russ is too short to play as a slow pocket QB. He will go to the CFL and do awesome things.

Wrong. I walked right past Steve Young on the way into a Rattlers game and he's the same height or shorter than me. 6'1"

falcongoggles

Reaction score
This is the realist post here tonight (beside the pilot joke). Pete's post-Rose Bowl teams were completely hot/cold and headscratchingly inconsistent.

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
King Dog":2ske9m4g said:
sdog1981":2ske9m4g said:
minormillikin":2ske9m4g said:

Wrong. I walked right past Steve Young on the way into a Rattlers game and he's the same height or shorter than me. 6'1"

I am willing to belive you but since this is 2018.......pics or it didn't happen.......

King Dog

Reaction score
sdog1981":1mjoor1t said:
King Dog":1mjoor1t said:
sdog1981":1mjoor1t said:
minormillikin":1mjoor1t said:

I am willing to belive you but since this is 2018.......pics or it didn't happen.......

lol. I was as surprised as anyone. I always thought he was at least 6'2"

hawxfreak

Reaction score
At 23 I was 6ft.
Now at 52 I'm 5ft 8
Ya get shorter as you get older
discs , cartilage and crap

I'd normally post a sarcasm off emoji , but it's freakin true :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
hawxfreak":2b6pxki2 said:
At 23 I was 6ft.
Now at 52 I'm 5ft 8

I'd normally post a sarcasm off emoji , but it's freakin true :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

I believe you. I was 6 foot when I joined the army got out I was 5' 11" 1/2

seabowl

Reaction score
Just for shits and giggles I went back after week 2 to see some of the posts on .Net. I found this one among a number of doomsday threads and looking back now, crack up at the comments.

FULL.DISCLOSURE- I was thinking along the same lines (lol). With this said anyone at that time posting negative thoughts about the team was somewhat right to think that way based.on what we were all seeing on the field.

GO HAWKS

pmedic920

Reaction score
Nobody’s perfect right?

There are many threads that can be rubbed in faces round these parts.

Hell, there’s probably several Russel Wilson threads from around the time he was drafted.

Or how bout the time we drafted a Punter?

The list goes on.

ivotuk

Reaction score
sdog1981":3qx7r4a0 said:
hawxfreak":3qx7r4a0 said:
At 23 I was 6ft.
Now at 52 I'm 5ft 8

I believe you. I was 6 foot when I joined the army got out I was 5' 11" 1/2

I was already short at 5'6", but I lost about one inch per fusion (3) and am now 5'3" I was hoping those "decompression" procedures, rods, and screws could be used to make me 5' 9" :/

Overly optimistic I was. Can't complain though, I can still walk and wipe my own ass. The day I'm unable to do those 2 things, I'm checking out! I'll go up to Kaktovik and have one of my elementary school buddies
drop me off out on the ice. :p

ivotuk

Reaction score
It's interesting to see one of these threads be revived once in a while. I was leaning towards the same thoughts, but then snapped out of it.

I thought with a new OC, new offensive coordinator, and OL coach, that trying to pass block 2 elite edge rushers 1st game was idiotic. Just run! Run! Run!

Everybody knows it's easier for an offensive line to come together while running the ball.

Then do the same thing a week later against a Defensive Player of the Year in Kahlil Mack?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... f-the-year

BigMeach

Reaction score
pmedic920":2ml61gj5 said:
Nobody’s perfect right?

There are many threads that can be rubbed in faces round these parts.

Hell, there’s probably several Russel Wilson threads from around the time he was drafted.

Or how bout the time we drafted a Punter?

The list goes on.

You're right, people jump the gun too often. Fans are overly emotional game to game...

quite hilarious really.

You will not find one from me though.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
sdog1981":1fhqbpgv said:
The end of Pete's time at USC and the end of his time here in Seattle are strikingly similar. .

This is utter horse manure.

Following the Texas RB loss in 2005, USC was in the hunt for the National Championship every year through the middle of 2009. A 2006 season finale loss to UCLA on the road, due to a tipped pass, literally cost them another trip to the championship game. They went 12-1 in 2008, and had it not been for a bottleneck of 12-1 teams that year, they would have gone to the title game (there was no 4-team playoff then). Even in 2009, USC started off 6-1 and ranked in the top 5 before injuries hit, as well as other teams figuring out how to defend against Matt Barkley, then a true freshman QB.

Even if we were to go along with your nonsense theory through 2017, it is blatantly obvious that Pete turned things around this year. To lose at least 4 future HOF'ers, as well as a pair of very capable WRs and both TEs, along with a fledgling O-line, this should absolutely have been a down year. It's not. And Pete's time is not ending. Or did you not read about the contract extension through 2021???

I'm not sure if you have been asleep this season, because your post might have made sense in August. Frankly, you just don't know what you're talking about right now.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
Tusc2000":qh0jv816 said:
sdog1981":qh0jv816 said:
The end of Pete's time at USC and the end of his time here in Seattle are strikingly similar. .

Following the Texas RB loss in 2005, USC was in the hunt for the National Championship every year through the middle of 2009. A 2006 season finale loss to UCLA on the road, due to a tipped pass, literally cost them another trip to the championship game. They went 12-1 in 2008, and had it not been for a bottleneck of 12-1 teams that year, they would have gone to the title game (there was no 4-team playoff then). Even in 2009, USC started off 6-1 and ranked in the top 5 before injuries hit, as well as other teams figuring out how to defend against Matt Barkley, then a true freshman QB.

Even if we were to go along with your nonsense theory through 2017, it is blatantly obvious that Pete turned things around this year. To lose at least 4 future HOF'ers, as well as a pair of very capable WRs and both TEs, along with a fledgling O-line, this should absolutely have been a down year. It's not. And Pete's time is not ending. Or did you not read about the contract extension through 2021???

I'm not sure if you have been asleep this season, because your post might have made sense in August. Frankly, you just don't know what you're talking about right now.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......His post was from Sept 17. My guess is that he's watched the rest of the season LOL :snack:

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Tusc2000":2p28lghd said:
sdog1981":2p28lghd said:

lol did you read when this was posted?

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Ha ha. Oops!
No. Clearly, I didn't bother to look at the date!
Apologies for the rant.
I'm just a little tired of people crapping on Pete.