Wilson is not Brady or Rodgers

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
King Dog":3u3uqodn said:
I don't want to pay this guy.
Luckily you won’t be making that choice. Put an competent offensive line around him and you’ll get different results.

....and don’t get me wrong Russ played like pure crap tonight, no excuses.
He reminded me of QB that played in Auburn a couple of weeks ago, he was that bad tonight!

Rat

Reaction score
I don't get why Penny was split out that far, and get even less why Russ actually threw it to him.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Not gonna get into the Russell belittling and bickering. Russell had a rough night. Growing pains. Tough schedule. No consistency on offense. Defenses know to just plaster our receivers and focus all attention on Russell

I still say we’ll pick up steam, but there’s no point saying that now. In a few weeks there’ll be a different narrative

NJlargent

Reaction score
Wilson is not the problem. It’s coaching. He’s good when our offense is spread. This coaching staff is terrible.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Jesus Christ on a bicycle, who has done more with less people? Not without fault by any means and he will be first to take blame. But seriously, shit line, claim run identity yet stop running, call up all pocket passing when guy has no pocket, never scheme to strengths/weaknesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
The play calling is poor, yes. We need to run the ball more. But Wilson on that pick 6 was a rookie again. I'm hoping Wilson evolves but it may take some time. Rodgers or Brady would have spied the corner, saw that the corner wasn't falling back, then decided to throw to another receiver. On that pick 6 play, Marshall was the guy Wilson should have thrown to. He was wide open in the middle of the field.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":hsl1svws said:
King Dog":hsl1svws said:
Luckily you won’t be making that choice. Put an competent offensive line around him and you’ll get different results.

He reminded me of QB that played in Auburn a couple of weeks ago, he was that bad tonight!

Remember the "Fire Bevell" chants we'd get around 2015? The OL has been that bad since at least then. What's different is that Russ is demonstrably declining.

northseahawk

Reaction score
It's freaking disrespectful mention Wilson in same sentence as Beady and Rodgers!!!!!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
northseahawk":1uwjz1cf said:
It's freaking disrespectful mention Wilson in same sentence as Beady and Rodgers!!!!!!

We heard you the first hundred times.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2lyqu8gf said:
King Dog":2lyqu8gf said:

That has proven to be Pete's biggest fault and miscalculation. Pay everyone else and cheap on the O- Line and in 4 years Pete is incapable of building 1 that will not destroy his #1 asset.

Changing the QB will likely make it worse....we are toast with Pete running "his" offense.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":12vhgw6z said:

Well you remember the 2015 GB game. Yeah, Russ gets credit for the W but if you look at the game, you can see signs of the decline.

Fade

Reaction score
See Jared Goff with Jeff Fisher. Now see Jared Goff with Sean McVay. Coaching is everything.

Look at franchise QBs around the league, and you will find that they have a great offensive mind either at Head Coach, or Offensive Coordinator to elevate their play, to give them a great scheme that extenuates their strengths.

Pete is running a dated offense Jeff Fisher style, he even brought in Schottenheimer from the Rams to perfect it. What a disaster.

Tribisky is a dumpster fire at QB, but the play design, and scheme he was in was far more modern, and designed to take advantage of Wilson's strengths. Much better than what Wilson had to deal with tonight in his own scheme. Tribisky just cannot throw accurately he missed open recievers all night. Every ball Wilson threw was in a tight window, with blanketed receivers.

Rank Seattle's Offensive Scheme among the other 32 teams.
Rank Seattle's Weapons among the other 32 teams.
Rank the Offensive Line among the other 32 teams.

Now contrast those rankings with Rodgers, Brees, & Brady. You will quickly come to the conclusion. Wilson gets the short end of the stick in all categories.

What I find so baffling is why people are so pissed at Wilson, when it is Carroll who has been in charge of this mess for 5 years. That is a half a decade of getting worse every year. How many more years do people need to realize Pete lost the plot a long time ago.

Trading Wilson won't make the team better, it will make them even worse. There is nowhere to go but down at QB.... but
They could significantly get better @ scheming, OL, & Skill players. That is where the team could make the biggest leap.

It won't happen though until Pete is gone. Pete is not going to catch lightning in a bottle twice, and hit on a bunch of amazing players in the draft in a 3 year period. Nope. They are going to have to build it the old-fashioned way around a franchise QB, Pete Carroll doesn't know how. He knows defense. He doesn't know offense.

See Jared Goff with Jeff Fisher. Now see Jared Goff with Sean McVay. Coaching is everything.

See Matt Ryan with Kyle Shanahan. Now see Matt Ryan with Sark. Coaching is everything.

kf3339

Reaction score
Fade":1t6u5wls said:

Look at franchise QBs around the league, and you will find that they have a great offensive mind either at Head Coach, or Offensive Coordinator to elevate their play, to give them a great scheme that extenuates their strengths.

Pete is running a dated offense Jeff Fisher style, he even brought in Schottenheimer from the Rams to perfect it. What a disaster.

Tribisky is a dumpster fire at QB, but the play design, and scheme he was in was far more modern, and designed to take advantage of Wilson's strengths. Much better than what Wilson had to deal with tonight in his own scheme. Tribisky just cannot throw accurately he missed open recievers all night. Every ball Wilson threw was in a tight window, with blanketed receivers.

Rank Seattle's Offensive Scheme among the other 32 teams.
Rank Seattle's Weapons among the other 32 teams.
Rank the Offensive Line among the other 32 teams.

Now contrast those rankings with Rodgers, Brees, & Brady. You will quickly come to the conclusion. Wilson gets the short end of the stick in all categories.

What I find so baffling is why people are so pissed at Wilson, when it is Carroll who has been in charge of this mess for 5 years. That is a half a decade of getting worse every year. How many more years do people need to realize Pete lost the plot a long time ago.

Trading Wilson won't make the team better, it will make them even worse. There is nowhere to go but down at QB.... but
They could significantly get better @ scheming, OL, & Skill players. That is where the team could make the biggest leap.

It won't happen though until Pete is gone. Pete is not going to catch lightning in a bottle twice, and hit on a bunch of amazing players in the draft in a 3 year period. Nope. They are going to have to build it the old-fashioned way around a franchise QB, Pete Carroll doesn't know how. He knows defense. He doesn't know offense.

See Matt Ryan with Kyle Shanahan. Now see Matt Ryan with Sark. Coaching is everything.

This is all very true. Had a feeling that PC bringing in Schotty but saying same offensive strategy was going to be an issue. Doesn't look like he learned a damn thing about offense as a head coach. Pretty pathetic.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Crizilla":3s058wnt said:
The play calling is poor, yes. We need to run the ball more. But Wilson on that pick 6 was a rookie again. I'm hoping Wilson evolves but it may take some time. Rodgers or Brady would have spied the corner, saw that the corner wasn't falling back, then decided to throw to another receiver. On that pick 6 play, Marshall was the guy Wilson should have thrown to. He was wide open in the middle of the field.

Wilson is not at Rodgers or Brady’s level yet, but let’s not pretend as if both Qbs don’t throw pick sixes. In fact, in recent years they’ve probably thrown more than Wilson. Let’s not make stuff up to bolster criticism. Russ’ crappy game gives more than enough material for criticism

Scorpion05

Reaction score
northseahawk":3179340p said:

Lol! You’re right, it is because Wilson’s career is far from over

Brady wasn’t Brady until 07. Rodgers has always been Rodgers. I know you pray for our QB to fail but there’s still plenty of chapters to go in his career