Not giving up yet

rcaido

Reaction score
If we play like this with a healthy Baldwin then yeah, I'll be worried.

Run game in the 4rh quarter but not the first3, doesn't make sense to me.

Wilson needs too run more period.

This young defense has heart. We get KJ and Wagner back soon.

mikeak

Reaction score
rcaido":2smhl3oc said:
If we play like this with a healthy Baldwin then yeah, I'll be worried.

Run game in the 4rh quarter but not the first3, doesn't make sense to me.

Wilson needs too run more period.

This young defense has heart. We get KJ and Wagner back soon.

It is called soft zone

Give the offense everything underneath including runs

Uncle Si

Reaction score
2 tough road losses with a host of injuries.

Unfortunately it's also more of the same, too. Honestly thinking the coaches are the biggest issue.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Or...maybe we're just not good enough. Time to reload. Its not sexy because it's a couple year process.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1nvu0wf6 said:

Unfortunately it's also more of the same, too. Honestly thinking the coaches are the biggest issue.

Yeah. Pete needs to realize the days of playing the game in the fourth quarter only are over. That door shut when the fourth pro bowler vacated the defense. His philosophy only works with stout defenses and pounding offenses. With a finesse offense and a bendy band aid defense, we have to score early to have a remote chance. This forty yards of offense in first halves bull crap was getting intolerably old two years ago.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I think Pete will always have this defense up and ready to go with whoever is out there. The offensive side needs a complete overhaul from coaches to playbook down and Pete needs to let someone take control of it. This is the same garbage we’ve seen for three straight years. Predictable play calls, high school level route trees, three and outs again and again, big chunk plays that cut into the deficit, and then 50/50 backyard ball by Russell. It isn’t sustainable and defenses have learned how to not let Russell get outside. They were jumping every single comeback route tonight without fear.

I watch some of the other offenses in the NFL scheme players wide open and move the ball consistently with similar talent. It shouldn’t be this hard to get yards but once again, 80 something yards heading into the fourth quarter. Schotty is just another bevell and we needed to go in the opposite direction to let Russell continue to grow. Now he’s playing some of the worst football of his career.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ghxk5ej said:

It's the way they lost that's the problem. Bears put up 35 points and the offense puts up 28 in a loss, I understand - Earl was our only star out there.

The way we lost - held bears to 17 points, forced two turnovers (Go Griff!) and the offense was a complete disaster. That is so concerning and frustrating.