Wilson hasn't progressed as I had anticipated

King Dog

Reaction score
He seems to have plateaued. It's the same old shat over and over. Play like trash for two or three quarters, switch it up to the two minute offense at some point giving us a chance to win with no margin for error, and either pull off an amazing win, or go down in flames.....

It's odd. Now at nearly 30 he doesn't have the wheels like he did at one time to get out of trouble. I'm really disappointed he hasn't taken steps to become a dynamic pocket passer.

Looked real bad against a mediocre Bears team. I hope we don't pay him Rodgers money.

Fade

Reaction score
What do you think is happening when they go to their 2 min offense?

Fade

Reaction score

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
King Dog":37xtr43r said:
He seems to have plateaued. It's the same old shat over and over. Play like trash for two or three quarters, switch it up to the two minute offense at some point giving us a chance to win with no margin for error, and either pull off an amazing win, or go down in flames.....

It's odd. Now at nearly 30 he doesn't have the wheels like he did at one time to get out of trouble. I'm really disappointed he hasn't taken steps to become a dynamic pocket passer.

Looked real bad against a mediocre Bears team. I hope we don't pay him Rodgers money.

Who says the Bears are "mediocre"? They had the Packers beat at Lambeau in Week 1. They are much improved.

Defense is legit.

Decimation

Reaction score
King Dog":gi00znyw said:
Fade":gi00znyw said:

What do you think is happening?

I’m not a coach so my opinion might be stupid, but I think the coaching staff is holding him back.

When we’re behind, this is when I believe that in the 4th he goes off script and plays with urgency.

Why don’t we play with urgency all the time? I don’t get it. Let Russ run the offense, what the hell do we have to lose anyways.

We’re 0-2. Either the coaching staff gets their head out of their ass or you need to let Russ do his thing.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
King Dog":3k3pthot said:
Fade":3k3pthot said:

Wilson thrives in hurry up. He does great in chaos.

The two most successful drives he had last night was in hurry up.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Decimation":vrtihl6v said:
King Dog":vrtihl6v said:
Fade":vrtihl6v said:

I’m not a coach so my opinion might be stupid, but I think the coaching staff is holding him back.

When we’re behind, this is when I believe that in the 4th he goes off script and plays with urgency.

Why don’t we play with urgency all the time? I don’t get it. Let Russ run the offense, what the hell do we have to lose anyways.

We’re 0-2. Either the coaching staff gets their head out of their ass or you need to let Russ do his thing.

You are spot on. We are 0-2 because of stubbornness on our play calling. I don't know if Norton told Pete to piss off and let me call my game but the stunts and blitzes he was running was stuff I hadn't seen since Quinn. Maybe our OC needs to grow a pair and step up to PC because it isn't like he will fire you if you succeed. Schotty needs to be agressive and Pete needs to BTFO.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":fm624lnz said:
Decimation":fm624lnz said:
King Dog":fm624lnz said:
Fade":fm624lnz said:

You are spot on. We are 0-2 because of stubbornness on our play calling. I don't know if Norton told Pete to piss off and let me call my game but the stunts and blitzes he was running was stuff I hadn't seen since Quinn. Maybe our OC needs to grow a pair and step up to PC because it isn't like he will fire you if you succeed. Schotty needs to be agressive and Pete needs to BTFO.
From what I understood Pete Carroll was going to handle most of the defensive play calls this year. Carroll is actually very good when it comes to the defensive side of the ball, his problem is he doesn't know anything about the offensive side of things.

Fade

Reaction score
Pete Carroll hasn't progressed as I had anticipated. I thought he would've learned after the last 3 seasons how the offense has been run, but sadly nope.

It has been a tale of two offenses, for a long time.

1) The Pete Carroll "philosophy" offense. They run this at the start of games, and as long as they have the lead. A stagnant, condensed, antiquated 1970's Offense that gets your QB killed. Pete never got the memo that Bill Walsh came along and killed that style 30 years ago.

2) The Russell Wilson offense. AKA the 2 min offense. They run this when they go 2min at the end of the 1st half. And then again when they have no choice, but to abandon "Pete" ball because they have to score points, usually in the 4th qtr.

They spread the field, go single back, and more importantly Russell Wilson gets to make the majority of the calls.

2017 STATS

PETE BALL 1st QTR: 4 TDS, 3 INTS, 58%, 74.6 Passer Rating, Sacked 14 Times.

RUSS BALL 4th QTR: 18 TDS, 1 INT, 68%, 134.1 Passer Rating, Sacked 3 Times. THREE TIMES, that is it.

The Sacks really expose the situation. Russ should be getting sacked more in the 4th qtr, not less. The Seahawks are trailing most of the time in the 4th, and everyone know they are throwing it. The run game is abandoned, yet only sacked
3 times.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/09/nfl-seahawks-bears-brian-schottenheimer-pete-carroll-russell-wilson

The lack of creativity was startling, especially when juxtaposed with a Bears offense that has infused a bunch of college-inspired concepts into its scheme in order to take advantage of Mitch Trubisky’s mobility. The Seahawks, meanwhile, treated Wilson like a late-career John Elway.

"Read Option, Sprint Right Option, Speed Option….TE Screen, Gap Screen, Slot Screen, Bubble Screen, RB Screen….Draw, Sprint Draw, Play Action Off Draw…No Huddle, Muddle Huddle, Quick Break Huddle…Many ways to use Bears aggressiveness against them. Seen almost none of this"

— Brock Huard (@BrockESPN) September 18, 2018

Pete has failed.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
King Dog":2q721gtq said:

I have mixed feelings about Wilson. I don't think he is a good pure pocket passer. Not the best at throwing slant passes, and isn't exactly to keen on throwing timing patterns. He hasn't seemed to master the art of looking off players on short passes, and seems to have spotty accuracy when he tries to play the traditional QB game. All of that being said I think that lays at the hand of our head coach, Pete Carroll.

Pete Carroll has drilled in Russell Wilson's head the two words "toxic differential". Essentially that means don't turn the football over. Carroll has a point, the toxic differential is important. Unfortunately building the offense around minimizing the toxic differential teaches some very bad habits. Most of our plays are safe, low risk throws that have a low chance of being intercepted, but on the same hand are low percentage plays that take a long time to develop. This type of offense is great when you have a strong defense behind you, and a strong running game to go with it.

Another downside is it instilled some bad habits in Russell Wilson. Pete Carroll controls what Wilson can, and can't do at the LOS very carefully. Plays consistently come in late, leaving Wilson little time for making adjustments. Wilson also has never had to learn the finer details of passing because of this offensive style. We have handicapped our QB and gimped him as a player. Russell Wilson has hit a wall due to what he's been taught in the NFL, and the style of offense we have been running since 2012.

sdog1981

Reaction score
As Wilson becomes slower with age he needs to look more like Drew Breese. A ruthless QB you gets first down after first down. The pass rush looks so good because the Seahawks can't get first downs to burn out the pass rushers.

Fade

Reaction score
hgwellz12":28zij2hu said:
@Fade you can't leave this message board. You know that don't you?
Always a pleasure to read your posts..whether I agree with them or not.
(I agree 100 here)

I am glad you enjoy them.

JPC4Days

Reaction score
All ..that could be true but russ seems to turn something on with his back against the wall. The Touchdown to Tyler he had a free blitzing corner running at him but he was deliberate hit his back foot and got the ball out quick. All the Pete is the anti QB guru ...getting in there head about never throwing an interception ..Holmgren is on record saying he just wants him to cut it loose and Mike would know.

Maybe that is it ... when the chips are down throw all the careful ...it's all about the ball offense out the window and as Holmgren says ...cut it lose. When he was getting drafted an N.C. state fan did say they loved him but he does at least one thing a game that makes you go wtf ...so there is that.

I don't know but John and his guys talk too ...and they are smarter than us ... somebody should have an idea on how to fix it... because right now Russ is proving that it is not all about the ball.... if you go three and out all day.

Why not let Russ call his own plays like peyton ...and just get sugestions from the side lines ...anything at this point is woth trying.

Atradees

Reaction score
RW is holding the ball to long. He looks better in hurry up. Aaron Rodgers is amazing because he doesnt hold the ball very long. Its as simple as that. Russell looked better in the preseason because......he was releasing the ball faster. Thus the preseason hope with the oline and .........I dont know. Iff they cant fix it lets start over??? This is suddenly a completely bad football team. We have had 5 picks already. We should have two wins. This is about RW for sure.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But I'm sure is has NOTHING to do with a pathetic O Line and ridiculous play calling at all. Everything is his fault. :?