Pound the Rock

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is NOT just a game manager. But I believe our only hope to right the ship is to pound the rock, at least a 60/40 split, someone tell Pete it’s 2011. Rip it off like a bandaid Pete, this didn’t work, the time is now. Run the hell out of the football, then keep running. Pete is not going to implement the college stuff, he won’t do it, if we are going to have any success this year it will be Pete Carroll finding the old Pete Carroll, back to the roots, run the damn ball and pick your spots, play punishing defense and bend don’t break. Very well could be your last rodeo, might as well go out being yourself, or maybe even right the ship. We get a running game, we automagically get pro bowl Russell Wilson.

trharder

Reaction score
I totally agree. Especially when the results of running the ball couldn't possibly be worse than what's been happening with throwing on every down. Especially when the defense is playing okay and your punter can flip the field even with bad field position. And go back to having #3 operate as a third RB too while we're at it.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
The problem with keep running the ball is, if Seattle falls behind and the running game doesn’t seem to go anywhere then they start panicking and start throwing .

adeltaY

Reaction score
Aw Mang":2rurondc said:
The problem with keep running the ball is, if Seattle falls behind and the running game doesn’t seem to go anywhere then they start panicking and start throwing .

The weird thing is we've mostly been down one score. You can still run comfortably in that situation.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
And we used to keep running, we made a big chunk of our yards in the 4th, not always with the lead either. We’ve got the personnel, I think our only hope is to revert, I think Pete has gotten away from his philosophy because Russell is a special kind of competitor, Pete believes in Russ so much he was willing to alter his philosophy. Russ is not Brady yet, but give him a punishing running attack and he’s as good or better.

SeahawksRawk

Reaction score
Pete said before the season started that we were going back to Seahawk Football (pounding the Rock).

Establish the run game, to open the pass. We have to do this as our O-line isn't good enough in pass blocking to have a pass first offense.

It would also help if they ran some more spread out formations. Run or pass, get some of those defenders out of the immediate area.

Own The West

Reaction score
adeltaY":1ctqs3pl said:
Aw Mang":1ctqs3pl said:

The weird thing is we've mostly been down one score. You can still run comfortably in that situation.

With our D, we should always be close, and running is better than STARTING the game with panicked throwing...

James in PA

Reaction score
I would start this game by running the ball every damn 1st and 2nd down play. And right up the gut with the backs. And guess what? I’d run it on 3rd down too if it’s 3 yards or less to go. Just do this over and over. Frustrate the hell out of those opposing pass rushers. I’d definitely get Russ involved too with some of those runs. This isn’t rocket science. Will they have the discipline to do it though??

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sure they will run it.......then it will be working, and they will just abandon it for 2 quarters.
Until I see different, I don't believe one bit what they claim about wanting to be a running team. Even if it actually HELPS THEM WIN. :roll:

adeltaY

Reaction score
Own The West":5m1de1an said:
adeltaY":5m1de1an said:
Aw Mang":5m1de1an said:

With our D, we should always be close, and running is better than STARTING the game with panicked throwing...

I doubt that. Against Keenum we got torn apart besides the INTs. Trubisky was just bad.

Our D is not good this year and we will face much better QBs than those two.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm all for running the ball more, with Chris Carson in particular, when the opportunities are there.

Whether you run to set up the pass, or pass to set up the run depends partly on what the defense is doing. The Cowboys could show up on Sunday and decide to take the run away at the cost of giving Russ more opportunities in the passing game. Based on how our passing game has looked the first two weeks that is entirely possible, and running into that would be a fine political move but a poor strategic option.