Hawks Called Timeout to Prevent Wilson......

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
This post from Reddit got me thinking. Power struggle between Wilson and Schottenheimer?

I posted this during the game. And it's even more true now.

You see that shit right there? If we lose it's because of that.

Russ has said "screw it", and is checking out of whatever Brian Shottenheimer has called, and instead is audibling to what he wants to run. Brian didn't like that and just called a timeout to get him to run the called play.

Did anyone else catch that?

That's the issue here. When Russ runs the offense we drive down the field, but Pete and Brian Shot want him to play their style. Even though it sucked for 3 quarters.

And Russ was pissed. You never see that happen.

And what happened? They come out of the timeout, and and they're back to a shitty I-formation run for 1yard. Exactly what Shottenheimer wanted.

After that moment, Russ lost all of his flow and never got things back. Threw the pick the following play after their Iso run, and then next drive the fumble. He was in the zone running the offense, but Shottenheimer wanted control and wanted him to run his plays. This does not look like a healthy sign for the season.

The video

[tweet]https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1042082643901378561[/tweet]

nanomoz

Reaction score
I noticed it and wondered the same thing.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
Also saw a tv cut to Pete screaming to either a Ref or Russ. Looked like Russ audibled out of the play and Pete was livid.

OP
OP
S

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
FloridaSeahawk18":2qav2v4o said:
Also saw a tv cut to Pete screaming to either a Ref or Russ. Looked like Russ audibled out of the play and Pete was livid.
I have no problem blaming Wilson, but it seems Pete and Scotty are really holding him back. That play-calling was autricious.

mikeak

Reaction score
I did not notice it and cannot tak about what preceded the play.

However the play itself was on the Qb. That is a timing route to be thrown PRIOR TO THE RECEIVER TURNING AROUND.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
They needed a timeout to come up with the brilliant empty set on 2nd down.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Yep, I noticed that right away as well. Something is going on, and it's killing this team. Russ is playing like trash, but is that on him, or the coaching staff. It's hard to tell. All we know is what we see.

hawknation2018":bqqfi0rs said:
Dude. How lame was that crap? At least keep them honest. Keep them on their toes. This offense is a joke.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Maybe instead of the baseless conspiracy theory they were just pissed because of how poorly things were going on offense.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3sgzw05z said:
Yep, I noticed that right away as well. Something is going on, and it's killing this team. Russ is playing like trash, but is that on him, or the coaching staff. It's hard to tell. All we know is what we see.

hawknation2018":3sgzw05z said:
Dude. How lame was that crap? At least keep them honest. Keep them on their toes. This offense is a joke.

Empty sets are not anathema to good offense. We sucked out of them tonight. We sucked in general on offense.

rcaido

Reaction score
Look like penny was confuse so coaching staff called a timeout. Wilson seem frustrated w penny. Lost a lot of momentum on that time out.

They still had 10sec left, didnt need a timeout there.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yeah, a timeout to come up with THAT??!!
You'd think as much as Wilson stared down Penny on the pick 6 that he would have seen the CB lurking. Penny as a WR also could have realized he needed to screen out the CB and come to the ball

Russell has looked really sour-faced and unhappy in many of the shots the TV producers have shown the first couple weeks.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I would pay good money to see Wilson flip off Pete like Lynch did with Bevell.

That might make watching the offense worth it.

mrt144

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3feco3rj said:

hawknation2018":3feco3rj said:

A slump is always on the person going through it, first and foremost. Whatever tricks they need to use to get out of that mental funk, even *gasp* admitting they're playing like horse crap and asking for all the help they can get, has to be done.

But given the circumstances, nobody will be able to help Wilson but himself.

Jville

Reaction score
You guys and the rest of the forum would be a lot better off including a link to what your referencing.

...................... volunteering links is not that hard.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My wife and I noticed it right away. He was clearly mad, as he should have been.
Play calling has been pathetic, and that's putting it mildly.

OP
OP
S

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
Jville":2m5b240y said:
You guys and the rest of the forum would be a lot better off including a link to what your referencing.

...................... volunteering links is not that hard.
Thank you. Just edited it in my first post.

Jville

Reaction score
And thank you for setting a proper example toward building a better forum experience :2thumbs:

bbsplitter

Reaction score
It's just hard to know if the plays Wilson is checking to have good results or bad... We can say PC and Schotty ruined the flow, but if the last 5 plays Wilson checked to resulted in -5 yards, they might have had a good reason.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He was obviously mad that they called the timeout because he says I had this or something similar twice before dropping the F word so you know he was pissed. Schott is an extension of Pete which is why he was hired and they both want an outdated offensive game plan that isn't ideal for our personnel or just about anyones personnel to be honest.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I saw him take the field 99 yards at the end of the game. No give up in that team or QB.
The timeout before the pick came at a time when they were moving the ball and ready to tie it up.