Pete Carroll admits to being "impatient"(rumor)

xray

Reaction score
Carroll says that the lack of run calls and other questionable decisions are on him..he says he's impatient ! Can't imagine why :irishdrinkers:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
So when the game begins and you run your first run play and you get less than three yards the obvious reaction is, "Well the run game is still broken. Better abandon the run, slip back to slow deep developing passing routes for the remainder of the game."

How could a guy whose whole mantra was about being a running team and wanting nothing more than to run the ball be impatient about establishing the run?

irfuben32

Reaction score
call deep shots all you want as long you design the play with a checkdown option or 2

adeltaY

Reaction score
xray":13488l4d said:
Carroll says that the lack of run calls and other questionable decisions are on him..he says he's impatient ! Can't imagine why :irishdrinkers:

Ooh lemme guess. Russell Wilson?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
xray":384taajb said:

He started doing this crap at the beginning of the game. He was "impatient" !!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? Soooo the answer is stop doing what was moving the ball down the field and keep calling 9 routes? :pukeface:

Or maybe stop using the whole freaking play clock.... ever play.

Seymour

Reaction score
Did he say he was a liar also?

Hey Pete....your impatients netted 6 total plays and 1 yard offense in the 3rd quarter. You suppose you have lost a step when it comes to wit??

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Seymour":pkraxqmw said:

Hey Pete....your impatients netted 6 total plays and 1 yard offense in the 3rd quarter. You suppose you have lost a step when it comes to wit??

Maybe age is catching up to Old Man Carroll these days. Still acting young and hip for all the kids out there and their rap music but he goes to bed at 8pm and the worst swear word to come out of his mouth is "Dagnabbit"

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Look, I like Pete. But, I'm getting really sick of him saying things AFTER the fact that he should have done etc.

pmedic920

Reaction score
xray":10dyt4za said:

You should provide a link if you’re going to quote someone.
This isn’t the first time you’ve been reminded.

Feel free to re-edit the title when you add a link.

mrt144

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":162nkwa4 said:
Seymour":162nkwa4 said:

Maybe age is catching up to Old Man Carroll these days. Still acting young and hip for all the kids out there and their rap music but he goes to bed at 8pm and the worst swear word to come out of his mouth is "Dagnabbit"

Dude, you're describing some .net posters here...careful! :)

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1h0uo7pz said:
Look, I like Pete. But, I'm getting really sick of him saying things AFTER the fact that he should have done etc.

:ditto:

It really makes me wonder exactly what sort of pre-game planning is going on. And I've kinda given up expecting in-game adjustments to amount to much.

rjdriver

Reaction score
It’s hard to be patient when your players get gassed so easily.

mrt144

Reaction score
Pete is gripping. He can feel the pressure of what's happening before him. He seems inside his own head. Some call it tilt.

Fade

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2wuq1lpw said:
Now imagine how the players feel.

Fade

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":195yb39d said:
So when the game begins and you run your first run play and you get less than three yards the obvious reaction is, "Well the run game is still broken. Better abandon the run, slip back to slow deep developing passing routes for the remainder of the game."

How could a guy whose whole mantra was about being a running team and wanting nothing more than to run the ball be impatient about establishing the run?

Simple. Pete is telling a half-truth. He believes in the deep passing game (explosive plays). You need the run though to set up explosives via playaction, that is why he talks about the running game.

And that is where the impatient comment has context. He needs to stick with it longer. He knows how good Russ is and just wants to get to the moneyshot, and skip the foreplay.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
“Yeah, I would tell you that my...I’ll just take it. My impatience a little bit, you know,” Carroll said. “Figuring that we should be on the board more than we had and just got to throw the ball up more than I want to. I’m over that. Both games were so close throughout. We were close enough we could have done whatever we wanted to all the way down to the end of it. I just got a little bit impatient, threw the ball a bit more than we needed to.

“And so you look back and that’s with limited opportunities because we weren’t converting, it just kind of works together. I’m just owning up. But that’s what I would say is the issue with that. I need to be a little less impatient. I’m a little bit, tend to be that way, you know?”

So the 66-year-old former college defensive back at Pacific, a defensive coach and coordinator before he became a head coach, is not only influencing the play calls of new offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. He’s changing them.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/n ... nk=SecList