Poona Ford

TreeRon

Reaction score
An interviewer's worst nightmare. He was on Danny Dave and Moore. Getting answers to questions was like pulling teeth and even then his answers were one or two words. It was pretty funny as I could visualize how the interviewers were struggling to make the interview interesting.
Poona is the strong silent type.

Fade

Reaction score
He is probably frustrated. I would be if I was in his shoes. He dominated in college. Killed it all-presason long, and is left inactive.

If they told me to go on the radio, I would handle it the exact same way. Not out of disinterest, but to keep myself in check from saying something I shouldn't say due to frustration. (The coaches are dumb because they aren't playing me.)

I am sure that is what is constantly going through his head right now. He will use it as fuel.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Fade":bzm744gx said:
He is probably frustrated. I would be if I was in his shoes. He dominated in college. Killed it all-presason long, and is left inactive.

If they told me to go on the radio, I would handle it the exact same way. Not out of disinterest, but to keep myself in check from saying something I shouldn't say due to frustration. (The coaches are dumb because they aren't playing me.)

I am sure that is what is constantly going through his head right now. He will use it as fuel.
He isn't frustrated, he is thrilled to be on the team. He knows he has to pay his dues.....

RampagingMice

Reaction score
Fade":fr8uofgc said:

Except for the bit where he played on Monday. He was most definitely active.

I can't fathom a UDFA, especially the underdog type Ford seems to be, suddenly being sullen enough to blow a media session over an "inactive" in his first career game. Doing so would reek of entitlement, and that isn't his character. More likely he's just awkward and shy in the spotlight.

(FWIW, Ihaven't listened yo the interview)

Fade

Reaction score
:irishdrinkers:
RampagingMice":1h20y4ng said:
Fade":1h20y4ng said:

I can't fathom a UDFA, especially the underdog type Ford seems to be, suddenly being sullen enough to blow a media session over an "inactive" in his first career game. Doing so would reek of entitlement, and that isn't his character. More likely he's just awkward and shy in the spotlight.

He didn't blow it. He just wasn't interested, he had more important things on his mind. Like getting on the field and getting snaps with the defense.

He was B!G12 Defensive Player of the Year and didn't get drafted, and got overlooked because of his height.

Care to tell me how many snaps he has played on defense?
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-sea-6.php

He isn't just happy to be on the team. He wants to play, and that is where his focus lies. Not put on a show for talking heads on the radio.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Fade":16qkcho2 said:
:irishdrinkers:
RampagingMice":16qkcho2 said:
Fade":16qkcho2 said:

He didn't blow it. He just wasn't interested, he had more important things on his mind. Like getting on the field and getting snaps with the defense.

He was B!G12 Defensive Player of the Year and didn't get drafted, and got overlooked because of his height.

Care to tell me how many snaps he has played on defense?
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-sea-6.php

He isn't just happy to be on the team. He wants to play, and that is where his focus lies. Not put on a show for talking heads on the radio.

Or maybe he just isn’t a good interview. Not everyone is blessed with an eloquent speaking voice. He’s what, 22 years old? Maybe a little overwhelmed and lacking in interview skills. I used to do a lot of interviews to hire employees. I learned fairly quickly that not every good interviewee turned into a good employee and not every bad interviewee turned into a bad employee. Some people are just better at answering questions on the fly.

I’m sure that Poona Fords lack of verbal acuity had nothing to do with his desire for more playing time or opportunity to be a Seattle Seahawk.

OP
OP
TreeRon

TreeRon

Reaction score
Some people are just not good interviews. I doubt he's been schooled on how to do an interview. He will figure it out eventually or he won't be interviewed.
I remember years ago Johnny Carson would get a celebrity that was a bad interview and his expressions were priceless.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Fade":23f9xw6u said:

I agree.

ACTIVATE POONA FORD YOU IDIOTS! :evil:

Sorry. Just had to get that out of my system.

Seymour

Reaction score
I don't care if he doesn't talk much.

Mongo was a man a few words and he became an all star!! :irishdrinkers:

S l300

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I didn’t think the interview was that bad-rather typical of very young athletes who lack public speaking abilities/training. He's likely never going to be a natural tv guy like Sherm, Russ or Robinson but I bet he proves many people wrong on the field.

I look forward to his career here.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Poona is alright. I take it you haven't seen or heard Justin Britt give an interview his rookie year? He came across dumb as a doornail. But we know better now, he's clearly not.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't know if, or how it relates, but Byron Maxwell his first time here was a good interview. I always enjoyed listening to him. But this summer, not a peep. I think that was because of his lack of enthusiasm. But there were also lots of other players to interview, like Shaquem Griffin. So maybe it's nothing.

Either way, PLAY POONA! Pete preaches competition, well he can't compete if he doesn't get on the field! Pete's made mistakes judging talent before, so he needs to play Poona instead of relying on his own judgement. We need to see him in live game action. And NOT just 1 or 2 plays like they did with Alex Collins before deciding he was no good and cutting him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Don't be slagging my Poona.

This player will with time and some Pro Coaching be a beast inside and a player we are happy to have on the roster.

The ability of a player to interview well often comes through experience interviewing and our boy Poona likely isn't that experienced at it. It sure isn't anything much to be concerned about or signify much either.

To me of course he wants to play and I'm sure he''s happy as heck to be on the 53 man roster.