My speculation on Eart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
I believe a deal is in place, and that he will be traded this week. I think he is being held out to avoid injury. I have to think it is for a 1st rounder

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Why wouldnt the trading team take him now...dpesnt make sense to wait...earl is throwing a hissy fit. No trade is in place

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Agreed. I think teams around the league don't want that type of cancer in their locker room regardless of the aging talent he has left and the money he wants. Not worth it...Look at Eric Reid, he still doesn't have a job and he didn't go into another opposing teams locker room and ask for a job. The market is not there. Earl is a FA next year and gets a prove it deal I hope from the Bills...

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Sorry, this theory doesn’t make sense, and we already have a thread devoted to the topic.

The Seahawks would not be considering a fine for Earl not practicing if they were the ones holding him out. Carroll also indicated that not practicing was Earl’s choice, noting it wasn’t a “personal” issue.

I’m not sure why people are so confused about this. Earl said he was going to protect himself during his contract year. He is entering a huge game against his hometown team and likely wanted to protect himself from a practice injury. There may be other personal issues he is dealing with: some have noted that his wife is expecting. Earl also insinuating on social media that he would be playing today. He participated in yesterday’s walk-through practice. And Carroll said yesterday that Earl would play today. Just to further discredit this theory, there is a report this morning that Dallas and Seattle have not participated in trade talks since the season started and that a trade was unlikely.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing.
IF it is indeed a 1st rounder, we are going to need that, and a lot of luck to find his replacement.
No one deserves to be placed above the team, NO ONE.

Decimation

Reaction score
He’s been toxic and he’s focused on money and putting himself before the team. It’s as simple as that. The hold out left a bad taste in my mouth.

Now, I’m not around the team but the situation this year has led me to this interpretation. He doesn’t care about the Seattle Seahawks and he doesn’t want to help us succeed, in my opinion.

If he doesn’t want to be here, fine. Ship him off and let’s get some worth while he still has some.

Earl has been petty. I don’t see this lasting or ending well. He’s totally not happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.