Stars off the street

chris98251

Reaction score
Kendricks and McDougald, both played great need to get them locked up going forward, have Paul pay Kendricks fine and deduct from future salary.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Kendricks doesn't control his future. The NFL and courts do. Who knows how long he will get to play. It's too bad as Wagner, Wright, and Kendricks would be an awesome LB corps.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Mcdougald has been outstanding and Kendricks can definitely play. When Wright comes back that will be a lot of talent at LB.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfan68":33dozi58 said:
Unfortunately, Kendricks doesn't control his future. The NFL and courts do. Who knows how long he will get to play. It's too bad as Wagner, Wright, and Kendricks would be an awesome LB corps.

No but it's not like he is a mass murderer or someone that beats and flushes kittens either, he profitted from something but if I read it right was more a accomplice then the instigator and profitted. Fine Community service and light sentence.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Martha Stewart got jail time so I suspect Kendricks will too. But there's a quote a heard a while back . . . jail should be for people we are afraid of, not people we're mad at. That would be a good policy to apply here.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
As mentioned, Kendrick has admitted to insider trading and his status/availability is on a week to week basis.

As for McDougald, he signed a 3 year, 14 Mil contract this off season, so we’re good.

The next big signing has to be Frank Clark.

And, what about the play of Two-Nine?

Steve2222

Reaction score
HawkGA":35sew8ba said:
Martha Stewart got jail time so I suspect Kendricks will too. But there's a quote a heard a while back . . . jail should be for people we are afraid of, not people we're mad at. That would be a good policy to apply here.

Martha didn’t cooperate with the authorities though. By all accounts, Kendricks is fully cooperating with the feds.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chris98251":1la7k520 said:
hawkfan68":1la7k520 said:

No but it's not like he is a mass murderer or someone that beats and flushes kittens either, he profitted from something but if I read it right was more a accomplice then the instigator and profitted. Fine Community service and light sentence.

I agree. He already gave the money back and has shown remorse. They should let him play out the season at the bare minimum.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Martha was a face of a franchise with a brand name, little bit of a difference.

Fade

Reaction score
truehawksfan":nslfmjmj said:
As mentioned, Kendrick has admitted to insider trading and his status/availability is on a week to week basis.

As for McDougald, he signed a 3 year, 14 Mil contract this off season, so we’re good.

The next big signing has to be Frank Clark.

And, what about the play of Two-Nine?

Coleman & Clark. It should've already happened, it's just going to cost more money now.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Steve2222":158toc6w said:
HawkGA":158toc6w said:

Martha didn’t cooperate with the authorities though. By all accounts, Kendricks is fully cooperating with the feds.

Martha went to jail for lying to the FBI, which they can make anyone do.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":11uv9myy said:
Steve2222":11uv9myy said:
HawkGA":11uv9myy said:

Bites tongue because it would be political.........

sutz

Reaction score
Kendricks problem in the short term is the league. He has a suspension order under review/appeal now. So he will def miss time this season, we just don't know when.

I've read he's facing 30-36 months jail time. Of course that all depends on how he works with the cops going forward and such. That won't be 'til January anyway.

TreeRon

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2tdufdvo said:
Steve2222":2tdufdvo said:
HawkGA":2tdufdvo said:

Stewart was found guilty in March 2004 of felony charges of conspiracy, obstruction of an agency proceeding, and making false statements to federal investigators, and was sentenced in July 2004 to serve a five-month term in a federal correctional facility and a two-year period of supervised release (to include five months of electronic monitoring).[51]

The FBI can not make you lie. I hear that lately from some quarters, the same folks that used to think the FBI was "The Untouchables".

If Kendricks gets 5 months (or less) he may be able to do it between seasons.

GLio14

Reaction score
sutz":lbl3yct9 said:
Kendricks problem in the short term is the league. He has a suspension order under review/appeal now. So he will def miss time this season, we just don't know when.

I've read he's facing 30-36 months jail time. Of course that all depends on how he works with the cops going forward and such. That won't be 'til January anyway.
I read if you plead guilty and cooperate, you can serve the bare minimum. He's already plead guilty, and he seems to be cooperating. I don't know, I'm sort of optimistic he doesn't serve a ton of time.

Would be nice. I'd be on board bringing him back. Dude can ball.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":rty1thr5 said:
Martha was a face of a franchise with a brand name, little bit of a difference.

True that and she was convicted after a Trial instead of entering a Guilty Plea with complete cooperation with the prosecution which differs Kendricks situation from hers. As well her participation was at a higher level financially than was that of Kendicks

I suspect Kendricks will get a short jail sentence but he has repaid his gains from insider trading and is likely to testify against his co-accused who planned the scheme while being entirely contrite and assistive to the prosecution. His sincere acknowledgment of his guilt and early guilty plea are mitigating factors which will reduce his sentence.

Own The West

Reaction score
Kendricks was a 2nd round draft pick, so not exactly off the street. Love that's been able to come in and play fast. If he does go to the pokey, either KJ will be back or Shaquem will be a few weeks wiser. Either way, I think we're good. Shaquem's punt team tackle on Tavon Austin was ridiculous yesterday. Kid's going to be special.

McDougald was both clutch and smart yesterday. He gives me confidence back there. I'm a little scared if Earl leaves as Thompson doesn't seem quite ready, but I guess we'll see.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Own The West":uq9i01o3 said:
Kendricks was a 2nd round draft pick, so not exactly off the street. Love that's been able to come in and play fast. If he does go to the pokey, either KJ will be back or Shaquem will be a few weeks wiser. Either way, I think we're good. Shaquem's punt team tackle on Tavon Austin was ridiculous yesterday. Kid's going to be special.

McDougald was both clutch and smart yesterday. He gives me confidence back there. I'm a little scared if Earl leaves as Thompson doesn't seem quite ready, but I guess we'll see.

We got Kendricks for nothing after he was cut by the Browns, F.A.

kf3339

Reaction score
sutz":3h4cbqnl said:

I seriously doubt he will get anywhere near that amount of time. More like 6 months at the most and the rest probation. He may not even miss any game time other than what the league decides to give as punishment.