Dickson

seabowl

Reaction score
I think my and many others expected a pro bowl performance out of him every werk. He started off good today but really was average at best for most of the rest of the game. Anyone else feel the same way?

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, he's not living up to his pre-season hype and performance IMNSHO.

Was hoping for a little better. Today, he wasn't even getting the high arc and hang time he was before. Not the greatest distance either.

Decimation

Reaction score
seabowl":bdv20u4i said:
I think my and many others expected a pro bowl performance out of him every werk. He started off good today but really was average at best for most of the rest of the game. Anyone else feel the same way?

I agree. But hey, we know he has the potential to be a weapon for us. He’s new to the league and it was an off day for him most likely.

Either way I love his potential. He’s been awesome for us. Obviously I don’t want us to punt all the time, but he makes it fun.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I noticed that too.

Realistically, the guy is going to have the occasional shank, but today he seemed quite average for the entirety of the game.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Maybe tweaked a hip flexor or something. Yeah, did not seem like his usual self today. He does seem to have the FG holder thing down now though.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think he's trying to figure out how to kick long, put a lot of hang time on the ball so he's not over kicking the cover zones.

he's going to be the punting GOAT

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Whenever your punter is not the bright spot of your game, that's a good sign. Good W. Dickson will learn from this. If not, I hope we still get to talk more about our running game than our punting game.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Re-watching the game and am wondering, as I did on Sunday, about the spot of Dickson’s first punt. It looked to me like it hit out of bounds at about the 7, but it was spotted at the 15. Is the camera angle making it look wrong or did the ref hose us on that spot?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Remember he's still a rookie, and a kicker rookie at that............which means he can get the yips and have nerves pretty easily.

My only concern with Dickson so far is it seems like he outkicks his coverage a LOT with low long liners or 60 yard punts that don't have enough hangtime, allowing for long returns.

So he's gotta find a happy medium of hang time and distance, and not continue to outkick his coverage unit.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think he got burned on a return by outkicking the coverage and was spoken to by the coaches so he has been kicking for the coverage and needs to be cut loose again.

I'm very happy with his performance so far and think he was a great acquisition, to replace a very good punter.

rcaido

Reaction score
Time to move on from Dickson...If you dont produce every week you're on the chopping block at Seahawks.net

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1rfxgibb said:
I think he got burned on a return by outkicking the coverage and was spoken to by the coaches so he has been kicking for the coverage and needs to be cut loose again.

When the ball ends up near the 40 yard line.......too often, then the punter will be advised to change something.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
rcaido":31ke37zh said:
Time to move on from Dickson...If you dont produce every week you're on the chopping block at Seahawks.net

:sarcasm_on: Too true, He sucks, so does Pete, John, Russell, so also do ------- (fill in names). :sarcasm_off:

Interesting place this season, more negativity than usual.a few wins might help, but even then the usual suspects will want to attach a can to the whole coaching/FO staff but generally have no reasonable suggestions for their replacement(s).

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lately the deep positioning of his punts hasn't been resulting in them going out of bounds on each kick, i suspect this is merely temporary but clearly he needs to aware he can easily out kick his coverage with disastrous result.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
rcaido":f34sanwj said:

the guy was unreal during the preseason and early games.

drop-off was noted and commented on.

Not sure there is anything wrong with this discussion...nobody was being chopped :)

SeaMeat

Reaction score
He had his first NFL home opener in the loudest stadium in the galaxy.

Lots of energy focused to him from the crowd. He is still just a kid, really.

I shrug off his so-so outing. Not a big deal as far as i am concerned.

If it is the beginning of a trend, then that is a different matter.

mikeak

Reaction score
One of those low punts was 100% intentional to go out of bounds and make sure it couldn’t be returned.

Remember he was punting to Tavon Austin. You guys may not remember him but trust that PC did and there were some clear directions there about how to punt and not give Tavon any chance at all to return (didn’t always work out)

Late in the game Dallas had the HUGE penalty on a return that was pretty deep. If Dallas doesn’t get penalized they would have been midfield and instead they were down by the 5/10 yard line. Punting to avoid returns was a good call in this game

Latest posts