Fun Game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I had this game pegged as a win. I just didn't buy into any kind of Cowboys hype. That's a soft ass team. The Seahawks came out with purpose. You could tell from the start, even with the punts. In the stands, none of us ever thought this game was in doubt. Two similar teams...Both trying to find their way, especially on offense. Home cookin' was just what we needed.

Now it's on to Arizona. This win means nothing if we don't beat the 0-3 Cardinals. MUST WIN. We have the Rams coming to town after that which unless there is a major miracle, we are dropping that game. The Rams are on fire this year, what can ya do?

I digress. Proud of the fight today. They looked good. LOVED the focus on the run game. Keep it up!

This season is long from over kiddies. It's just begun.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Totally agree. Team seemed to have it together. Even when we didn’t score the first few drives we definitely looked functional on offense

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And kudos to the OL! Even with the injuries they did a great job.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Russ looked just fine with a run game again. 200 and 2 tds, 2 sacks. Threw it quickerb Still wish they'd him keep one or two on the read option. No-one even flinched anymore

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It was clear from the start the team made adjustments. That's all we asked for as fans. Just adjust! And they did that.

soje

Reaction score
I think our defense proved in the first three games that they can be very good against mediocre offenses. Let's see what they can do against an above average offense/QB.

And our offense showed some progress today.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Happy for the win, but that was not a very fun game IMO. Have a bunch of friends from Dallas and we were lamenting the crappy offenses in the first half. Some of them turned it off it was so boring!

Saints/Falcons.... that was a hell of a game! Different strokes for different folks.

TwilightError

Reaction score
It was great to see the run game going well. Its been a while since we last had a rusher with a hundred yards and a TD.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I was watching this one on TV and I wasn't very comfortable in the late 3rd/4th quarters. The Cowboys started moving the ball with very little issue. If it hadn't been for a great play forcing the fumble on Ezekiel it would have been a 1 score game and that was before the Cowboys moved down the field again and were in scoring position when the 2nd Thomas interception happened. The defense had another very good outing but might have got tired at the end. The offense started to look really good then they seemed to take there foot off the gas and at the end it looked the same as the beginning.

It was a nice win and if they can get another in Arizona I will be feeling pretty good at 2-2. The sky was supposedly falling last week but we are at 1-2 just like NE, Atlanta and right there with the Vikings and Packers at 1-1-1.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
adeltaY":216vsu9g said:
Happy for the win, but that was not a very fun game IMO. Have a bunch of friends from Dallas and we were lamenting the crappy offenses in the first half. Some of them turned it off it was so boring!

Saints/Falcons.... that was a hell of a game! Different strokes for different folks.

Dude, take the win and enjoy it. :34853_doh:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep, great game!
I love he fact they pretty much dominated the team I hate the most in the world.

Ex-coworker Cowgirls fan has been texting me crap all week.
I texted him after the game asking if his phone was broken becuase I hadn’t received a text from him from the opening kickoff until I texted him after the game.

He was at the game, Seattle always beats *allas when he goes. 8)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It felt like what Seahawks football should look like. And as much as I have been frustrated with Bevellheimer, he truly stuck to the run yesterday, and it flat out paid off.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
peppersjap":e1clhf0y said:
I was watching this one on TV and I wasn't very comfortable in the late 3rd/4th quarters. The Cowboys started moving the ball with very little issue. If it hadn't been for a great play forcing the fumble on Ezekiel it would have been a 1 score game and that was before the Cowboys moved down the field again and were in scoring position when the 2nd Thomas interception happened. The defense had another very good outing but might have got tired at the end. The offense started to look really good then they seemed to take there foot off the gas and at the end it looked the same as the beginning.

It was a nice win and if they can get another in Arizona I will be feeling pretty good at 2-2. The sky was supposedly falling last week but we are at 1-2 just like NE, Atlanta and right there with the Vikings and Packers at 1-1-1.
This is how defense wins you games even with a weak offense.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":1gxiikux said:

I think you would love Arena ball...Honestly..

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Im still in wait and see mode on the Rams
They've played by far the easiest schedule in the NFL through the first 3 weeks. Raiders, Cards and Chargers all suck.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
adeltaY":2qi4ta4o said:

The year the Super Bowl was won, the Seahawks played a lot like this. Teams still moved the ball against the defense. But they didn't give up a lot of touchdowns and got turnovers at key times (best example: Houston game). The offense was boring almost all of the time, heavily on the ground. Did you enjoy that season?

It's just one game, but if this team plays nice and boring like this and they get wins, I'm good. Especially if they can get to 2013 form on offense where they have a lead and they have a really long drive with runs at the end to grind the clock out. This team doesn't have Lynch, but I can hope.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Was an interesting game. Running game was better. Some things gelled. Will Review the game again later today after work. I thought I was retired??? Headed to Az Saturday for the game on Sunday. Got a vibe but not sure what it is yet. That is why I need to review the game again.

After Watching the Green Bay game and in their chat.....I did not have a clue as to the outcome of our game. So many things I could see happening. Go Hawks.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Haha....this is the way the Hawks won the Super Bowl and I don’t think anyone was complaining then.

It’s ground and pound on offense with the occasional down field play. And a tough D.

I recall 3 Dallas defenders on the ground needing a little help to the sidelines. The Hawks didn’t play dirty. They just played smash mouth football.

I like it :irishdrinkers: