Joey Hunt

Seymour

Reaction score
Russell sure had great things to say about Hunt during his post game interview. :2thumbs: I didn't notice him much, so that is a good thing. I'd have to say a pleasant surprise for me.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Seymour":1yfmvryl said:
Russell sure had great things to say about Hunt during his post game interview. :2thumbs: I didn't notice him much, so that is a good thing. I'd have to say a pleasant surprise for me.

"Center Justin Britt didn’t play because of a shoulder injury, and backup Joey Hunt was one of the game’s unsung heroes, playing well in Britt’s place on a day where the Seahawks were able to succeed in part because of the way they changed tempo on offense throughout the game,"

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... as-cowboys

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The whole O-line played great, and FAR better than I thought they would without both Britt and Pocic.

I loved the gameplan of just going smash mouth push the line and get Carson a crack to fall forward for 4-5 yard gains. You could tell it was a concerted effort to just stay basic and get a push, as opposed to fancy zone blocking BS handing of blockers and trying to get to the 2nd level, and failing over and over.

When you have Ifedi, Brown and Fluker, that's 1,000 lbs of nastiness, you don't have to mess around with complicated run blocking schemes, just push the pile and let your big physical back eat.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Huard was saying that Hunt should get much of the credit for allowing Wilson to control the pace of the game and put the Cowboys in a bad personnel position.

Jville

Reaction score
I loved the personal foul he got out of the Cowboy defensive tackle.

Joey Hunt should have gotten more credit for helping Trevone Boykin at TCU.

That shuffled 3 man interior lineup had a solid outing yesterday. I like seeing change. It brings more interest and intrigue to the game.

Usa today 112164710

Praise for Joey Hunt following second career start at center >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/9/24/17897158/seahawks-joey-hunt-center-justin-britt-offensive-line-cowboys-nfl-week-3-position[/urltargetblank]

truehawksfan

Reaction score
IMO, Hunt is a back up for a reason.

However, for whatever reason, his scrappy play seems to elevate those around him.

So, he kinda reminds me of Patrick Lewis. Lewis was a street free agent we signed when we had a rash of injuries on the OLine. While he had some flaws in his game, he was playing when Russ, Rawls, and Baldwin put up some ridiculous numbers over, what, a 5-8 week stretch.

I don't know the status of Britt, but Carson specifically mentioned the Guards and Center played really well against the Cowboys.

Fluker's energy, Hunt's scrappiness, and Sweenzy's nastiness looked good against the Cowboys. Why not start all 3 again?

TreeRon

Reaction score
Because of his shortish, stocky build, long stringy hair and perhaps the facial hair, someone called him "The worlds strongest lunch room lady'.

Apologies to lunch room ladies out there.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The only thing about Hunt was that his shotgun snaps were all really high. Russ usually had to reach up over his head to catch each one (insert short joke here). Could have easily been a disaster if he missed one. I can chalk it up to nerves this time though.

Hunt just needs to work to lower those and he'll be fine.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
TreeRon":101z9ka8 said:
someone called him "The worlds strongest lunch room lady'.

Jimmy Fallon on one of his NFL Superlatives segments.

Also named as the "Most likely to end every play by taking off his helmet and waving his hair around in slow motion" in another segment.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Possible nicknames for this Joey Hunt led line:

Hunter's Hall
Hunting Season
Legion of Hunting

Lots of strong candidates. We have work to do.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1i29g668 said:
The only thing about Hunt was that his shotgun snaps were all really high. Russ usually had to reach up over his head to catch each one (insert short joke here). Could have easily been a disaster if he missed one. I can chalk it up to nerves this time though.

Hunt just needs to work to lower those and he'll be fine.

They were a problem in his Tampa start in 2016, too.