5 sacks on the Cowboys' #4 ranked OL.

toffee

Reaction score
And, we sacked their QB 5 times, Pete and Norton earned it. Our rebuilding, pulling guys off the street defense rocked.

#2 after pre-season

#4 in week 2
Starting Lineup:

Left Tackle: Tyron Smith, 76.8
Left Guard: Connor Williams, 65.7
Center: Joe Looney, 57.1
Right Guard: Zack Martin, 89.9
Right Tackle: La’el Collins, 64.3

Rookie guard Connor Williams bounced back in a big way after a rough Week 1 outing to be one of the Cowboys’ highest-graded players against the Giants in Week 2. He didn’t allow a single pressure on 27 pass-block snaps. Unfortunately for Dallas, center Joe Looney hasn’t come close to imitating Travis Frederick. He was Dallas’ second lowest-graded player offensively this past week with a 50.0 overall grade.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Seahawks Defense leads the League in Interceptions with 7 in 3 games. I'm liking what I see out of LOB 2.0. Once their communication improves as it did with the LOB of 2012-2015 these guy may earn the same reputation. Give it time. Of course they still have that little matter of what to do with ET.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":1lqh1ljg said:
Seahawks Defense leads the League in Interceptions with 7 in 3 games. I'm liking what I see out of LOB 2.0. Once their communication improves as it did with the LOB of 2012-2015 these guy may earn the same reputation. Give it time. Of course they still have that little matter of what to do with ET.

And Tre Flowers is still being picked on, rightfully so, being a rookie converting to CB from playing safety in college. From a distance, Tre sure looked like Sherm.

sutz

Reaction score
More than a little bit of that is because of Dallas' poor WR corps. We were seeing some of the proverbial "coverage sacks" that some people don't believe in.

Dak is still young, and we took advantage of their weaknesses.

IAE, our D stepped up and played a pretty good game. When you hold your opponent to 1 TD and a couple of figgies, it's a pretty good job.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
The thing is our defence are supposed to be rebuilding, the whole offseason we were basically signing no-names or cast-offs. And yet we are doing quite OK up to this point. Of course we haven't been tested by a offense power house yet.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Got to give a lot of credit to Ken Norton, Jr. (as Carroll did in post-game) for choosing his spots to dial up the pressure and getting the most out of this group. The defense is playing more aggressive than it has it in the last couple years. And we’re seeing more turnovers as a result.