Earl Thomas: Cowboys coaches asked me if I’m ready

chris98251

Reaction score
I will be looked at as a joke due to Earl's last situation in Dallas, and if something does happen coincidence.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I don’t see how it’s even tampering. It’s not like Dallas can force Seattle to trade him. They can talk all they want. It’s up to Seattle and only Seattle.

Boycie

Reaction score
Steve2222":ddey77v2 said:
I don’t see how it’s even tampering. It’s not like Dallas can force Seattle to trade him. They can talk all they want. It’s up to Seattle and only Seattle.

Didn't Jerruh get in trouble for tweeting something to Adrian Peterson a few years ago? Other team's personnel are not allowed to even hint at something as blatant as what Earl had mentioned. It is however up to the Hawks to pursue it with a grievance.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I would think it was simple banter, not tapping up

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mrblitz":ic3684g0 said:
maybe earl is crazy like a fox...

No he's just a very good football player trapped in a toddler's brain. Immature, emotional and entitled.

toffee

Reaction score
Poor ET3, trying so hard to market his service. In some boy girl thingy, trying too hard may have its downsides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivotuk

Reaction score
They were just trying to influence Earl's play in the game. They won't trade for him, the cost is too high.

And I can't believe the Spin the national media is putting on it! Last night on NFLN this woman said "Let's go to Rapparport and see if the Seahawks are any closer to being willing to trade Earl Thomas"

They've been consistently open to trade for Earl. And the price hasn't changed. A 2nd round pick plus. NFLN also repeated the story about "Dallas offered a 2nd round pick" which John Clayton and others have said is NOT true.

Rumor is that Dallas didn't want Earl to think that they were low-balling a trade offer for him (which they were with a 3rd), so someone "Leaked" that Dallas offered a 2nd round pick and Seattle turned it down.

But truth doesn't matter anymore, especially where it concerns smaller market teams, it's whatever makes a good story.

Pete has also been consistent in saying that he would prefer that Earl retire as a Seahawk, but he understands that Earl wants something different.

Pete and John have treated their players better than any other team in history. They could have traded Michael Bennett to anybody, but they sent him to the team that just won the Superbowl. They didn't trade Richard, instead cut him and let him go where he wanted. I'm not sure anyone would have given much for Sherman, but if Pete and John were petty, say like Belicheck, they could have traded him to a crappy team like New England did with Chandler Jones.

I wouldn't trust anything coming out of Cowboy's camp. Jerruh Duh Jones is possessed by Al Davis. :stirthepot:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1yl3qfdl said:
Steve2222":1yl3qfdl said:

Didn't Jerruh get in trouble for tweeting something to Adrian Peterson a few years ago? Other team's personnel are not allowed to even hint at something as blatant as what Earl had mentioned. It is however up to the Hawks to pursue it with a grievance.

Their tampering could influence Earl's trade value to other teams, like Kansas CIty. KC knows that Earl wants to go to Dallas, so they can make their trade offer based on how badly Earl has lowered his own market and how Dallas is responding publicly. Like telling him "are you ready for a trade tomorrow?" then no such thing happening is a slap in the face and hurts Earl's value.

"See how Dallas is toying with his feelings? They aren't interested." His value drops.

Seymour

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":cajo9ppz said:
Sac":cajo9ppz said:

Does this not classify as tampering?

Absolutely it does! The only one not smart enough to realize that is Earl.

A-Measure-of-Your-Team%E2%80%99s-Health-How-You-Treat-Your-Idiot.jpg

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ivotuk":3smhm0bp said:
They were just trying to influence Earl's play in the game. They won't trade for him, the cost is too high.

And I can't believe the Spin the national media is putting on it! Last night on NFLN this woman said "Let's go to Rapparport and see if the Seahawks are any closer to being willing to trade Earl Thomas"

They've been consistently open to trade for Earl. And the price hasn't changed. A 2nd round pick plus. NFLN also repeated the story about "Dallas offered a 2nd round pick" which John Clayton and others have said is NOT true.

Rumor is that Dallas didn't want Earl to think that they were low-balling a trade offer for him (which they were with a 3rd), so someone "Leaked" that Dallas offered a 2nd round pick and Seattle turned it down.

But truth doesn't matter anymore, especially where it concerns smaller market teams, it's whatever makes a good story.

Pete has also been consistent in saying that he would prefer that Earl retire as a Seahawk, but he understands that Earl wants something different.

Pete and John have treated their players better than any other team in history. They could have traded Michael Bennett to anybody, but they sent him to the team that just won the Superbowl. They didn't trade Richard, instead cut him and let him go where he wanted. I'm not sure anyone would have given much for Sherman, but if Pete and John were petty, say like Belicheck, they could have traded him to a crappy team like New England did with Chandler Jones.

I wouldn't trust anything coming out of Cowboy's camp. Jerruh Duh Jones is possessed by Al Davis. :stirthepot:

[youtube]VEsrYaQYQSo[/youtube]

Oh no........

Boycie

Reaction score
Uncle Si":c6gntqeb said:

Doesn't matter what you think it was.

The NFL defines tampering as “Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media.’’ “Any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL’’ is also a violation of the NFL’s anti-tampering policy.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me since Earl publicly stated that some of their coaches were asking if he was ready to be traded to them tomorrow.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1d3dpufh said:
Uncle Si":1d3dpufh said:

Doesn't matter what you think it was.

The NFL defines tampering as “Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media.’’ “Any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL’’ is also a violation of the NFL’s anti-tampering policy.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me since Earl publicly stated that some of their coaches were asking if he was ready to be traded to them tomorrow.

I hope you didnt think i was the determiner of guilt in this matter

I dont even have Goodells number (anymore)

More to the point i would be surprised if tbe Seahawks or NFL do anything about it, regardless of the rule you cited.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Steve2222":7cn6m8uc said:

Actually, they CANNOT talk all they want. If team officials, including any and all coaches and office employees talk with a player under contract, it is tampering.

jeremiah

Reaction score
ivotuk":3ntqzw63 said:

Sherm injured again, it could not happen to a better man...lol