The Weekly CJ Prosise Drama

Seymour

Reaction score
Per Pete presser this afternoon.

"He just didn't feel right pre game and we couldn't get him going. We had good options so we went that way."

Tumblr o1j8qroCMQ1rwgdwdo1 400

chris98251

Reaction score
We need to do something about our running backs, last week Carson gassed, first week Penny altitude sickness and now Prosise not feeling right.

Come on Pete, you have to be a bit more creative.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Why is Prosise still on this team? Seriously. This has become an absolute joke.

Hopefully when McKissic comes back later this year we can finally end this training table saga for good.

And now here comes the obligatory 5 posts about how "A real shame- Prosise has so much potential and game changing talent. No use getting rid of him while he's still on his rookie deal. If only he could get healthy he could help us so much." Keep on waiting folks.

olyfan63

Reaction score
OK, I'll take the bait.

What did Prosise play, 0 snaps. I thought I saw him chip Lawrence on one passing play, but apparently I'm mistaken based on the snap counts on FieldGulls, which do not show Prosise getting any snaps. It must have been Carson, 32, that was in that play, not Prosise 22.

OBVIOUSLY, Prosise is still recovering from the ice cream headache a few weeks ago. Don't you read the weekly Prosise unavailability thread??!! Haven't you ever had a brain freeze from a large 7-11 Slurpee? Then you'd know how it feels! To Prosise's credit, he bravely played through this debilitating injury the first two weeks.

In deference to Prosise and to help spur his recovery, Pete cancelled the post-game team trip to Cold Stone Creamery.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Osteo Prorosise (weak bones, etc.) was inactive vs. the Cowboys, so nobody saw him diddly squat. Situation normal, always hurt, rarely available, and even then he doesn't do much. He's a lost cause.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Actually I'm guessing the Prosise inactive was more about not being needed, with Carson healthy and Penny available. I'm sure Prosise had to be gassed too, from all the reps vs. Denver and especially Chicago 4th quarter.

Gotta love the name creativity... Osteo Porosise, LOL!!

rjdriver

Reaction score
This is my new "go to" excuse when my wife wants me to do something.

"I just didn't feel right during warm ups honey, consider me done for the day"

Rocket

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3mdx6kgx said:
Osteo Prorosise (weak bones, etc.).
Friggin' BRILLIANT !!!

Have CJ and Earl shared a bench to talk about ideas on skippin' practice?

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Break it down.
I expect Pete would wish to run 35 or 40 run plays per game. 80% or so should go to Chris. 5 or so more run plays should go to Penny. There is not much else to spread around.
CJ might be held in the shadows.
and then again, maybe he is a bum.

sdog1981

Reaction score
CJ Prosise and Jordan Hill as Seahawk players who blew up for one game or two games and will live forever off of those moments.

Hill had 5.5 sacks in 5 weeks to close out the 2014 season. If he does not get hurt the Hawks have that middle pass rusher that prevents Brady from stepping up into the pocket SB 49. Hill has not had a sack since week 17 of 2014.

CJ Prosise has a huge Sunday night game and comes back with a huge TD run against the Eagles. With a healthy Prosise, I don't think the 2016 Seahawks offense stalls out as much down the stretch.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seriously, I think Prosise is just fine, and that we heard Pete-speak for "We're gonna ride Carson and spell him with Penny and if that's not Prosise enough for you, I'll throw him under the bus by saying he's hurt."
Did Prosise actually miss any practices during the week?

xray

Reaction score
I'm not good with posting links not a computer guy but according to Seahawks .com Prosise was in on 25 snaps the first 2 games and has a groin issue; not available for game 3. Year 3 for this guy and 13 game appearances . They keep him for what reasons? Beats me. He is pulling a Percy Harvin on the Hawks.....He seldom plays but still gets paid. :irishdrinkers:

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
vin.couve12":euq7k1sl said:
Drama? What is this, click bait? This thread is drama. Practically daytime soap opera...

It's the obligatory .net bitch and moan thread. Gotta find something to wise crack about. :roll:

iigakusei

Reaction score
100% it is mental. He is scared to get hurt and doesn’t want to play. He is gone as soon as McKissick is back.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":fzc67fdj said:
vin.couve12":fzc67fdj said:
Drama? What is this, click bait? This thread is drama. Practically daytime soap opera...

It's the obligatory .net bitch and moan thread. Gotta find something to wise crack about. :roll:

I posted what Pete said in his press conference on why Prosise was inactive for week 3 because that was new news. What is ironic is that the bitching is coming from you (bitching about other people bitching is still bitching and moaning), not me. :roll:

olyfan63

Reaction score
If Carson gets nicked up for a few games, and Penny fails to develop fast enough, OK, Mike Davis or Prosise are the options. Remember when we were celebrating Thomas Rawls as the heir apparent to Lynch after he ripped off that long TD run against the Bengals? Just plug a back into the Seattle system, and BAM! 1,000 yard rusher. Shades of Broncos glory days of Terrell Davis, Olandis Gary, and other dudes that ran for 1,000 in their zone-blocking scheme.

Point is we have good NFL-level options for next man up. It would be foolish to toss any of them in the dumpster given our history of keeping RB's healthy.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":1wptgt41 said:
If Carson gets nicked up for a few games, and Penny fails to develop fast enough, OK, Mike Davis or Prosise are the options...
Point is we have good NFL-level options for next man up. It would be foolish to toss any of them in the dumpster given our history of keeping RB's healthy.

The problem with keeping Prosise is that in 37 possible games (including '16 playoffs), Prosise has played in just 13--only 35%. It's no longer justifiable to waste a roster spot on a guy who has only about 1 in 3 chance of even being available.

McKissic comes back mid-season and should take over that spot. If Carson or the others get hurt, for the last RB spot I would rather find a FA, promote a PS player or use Tre Madden. Whether Prosise has lingering injuries or mental issues or strange luck, despite some ability he showed in '16, we need that roster spot for someone who is available and can contribute.

Latest posts