Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Pete Carroll Winningest Coach in Team History Countdown

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Yesterday's win tied Pete with Chuck Knox for second most coaching victories in team history with 80. Pete is 80-50-1 as the Hawks coach, only 6 wins behind Mike Holmgren (86-74). I think Pete can catch him this year, so I am creating this as an official countdown thread. 1 down, 6 to go!

P.S. If anyone comes in here just to shit on the greatest coach in team history, go somewhere else. This is a celebration. There are plenty of places here for your sour attitudes to not ruin this.
    Last edited by Maulbert on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    P.S. If anyone comes in her just to shit on the greatest coach in team history, go somewhere else. This is a celebration. There are plenty of places here for your sour attitudes to not ruin this.

I like the proactive throwing down of the Gauntlet.

My favorite non-playoff victory under Carroll was that late season regular Season game vs. the Bills in 2012....I remember being so giddy as my team of so many years was just killing fools left and right (second week in a row with 50 points scored, if memory serves). Just so much fun to watch....and a precursor of the greatness to come.
    MagnificentSeven
    NET Practice Squad

• MagnificentSeven wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    P.S. If anyone comes in her just to shit on the greatest coach in team history, go somewhere else. This is a celebration. There are plenty of places here for your sour attitudes to not ruin this.

My favorite non-playoff victory under Carroll was that late season regular Season game vs. the Bills in 2012....I remember being so giddy as my team of so many years was just killing fools left and right (second week in a row with 50 points scored, if memory serves). Just so much fun to watch....and a precursor of the greatness to come.

I was at the 42-13 win over the 49ers a week later. My friend is a 49ers fan and had never been to an NFL game, so I took him. I'll never forget his scream, "SOMEBODY HIT HIM!!!" on this play:

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• MagnificentSeven wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

That was the game played in Toronto at the Skydome, 80 miles north of the border and Buffalo.
    I suspect Pete, Russell et al picked up a whole new entourage of Canadian fans that night. (sorry Buffalo, Canadians are still waiting for the Doug Flutie apology)
    Palmegranite
    NET Starter

• 81-50-1. 2nd in team history by himself. 6 away from first.

Screw the haters.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• That's great, hopefully he'll ride off into the sunset this offseason...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    MagnificentSeven wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

I was at the 42-13 win over the 49ers a week later. My friend is a 49ers fan and had never been to an NFL game, so I took him. I'll never forget his scream, "SOMEBODY HIT HIM!!!" on this play:

Remember it well. It was hilarious.

Still is.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• I give him 50/50 he gets it this year still. Which if he doesn't....will he get a shot to break it next year? Not so sure he does. Point being, don't count the chickens before they hatch.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Good for Pete. If he gets it then it'll be well deserved, but as Seymour said, this is still gonna be a tough year for him and the 'Hawks. Six more wins, this year at least, may be a tall order but not impossible.
    Last edited by Seahawk_Dan on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:P.S. If anyone comes in here just to shit on the greatest coach in team history, go somewhere else. This is a celebration. There are plenty of places here for your sour attitudes to not ruin this.

PREACH IT BROTHER!!!

Pete is my favorite coach in our franchise's history. Loved Knox, Loved Holmgren, but Pete's positivity and winning gets my vote. He's going to break that record this season.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Seymour wrote:I give him 50/50 he gets it this year still. Which if he doesn't....will he get a shot to break it next year? Not so sure he does. Point being, don't count the chickens before they hatch.

Not sure you got the memo from the OP. :?

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:
    Seymour wrote:I give him 50/50 he gets it this year still. Which if he doesn't....will he get a shot to break it next year? Not so sure he does. Point being, don't count the chickens before they hatch.

Just stating the facts, nothing negative or disrespectful was said about Pete was it?

Jeesh... sensitive around here isn't it. :|
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• One day Pete will leave, and if this team is very lucky they will find a good coach and won’t then fade into obscurity after a year or two.

And some day some of those fans who are negative now will realize how good they had it while Pete was here and will wax poetic about the good old days.

Such is often the way of things with us humans.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:I give him 50/50 he gets it this year still. Which if he doesn't....will he get a shot to break it next year? Not so sure he does. Point being, don't count the chickens before they hatch.

You think we are only 50-50 to get 7 wins? Given Pete has lead his teams to 7 or more wins every season since he's been here, with worse rosters than this one to boot, I think you are being overly pessimistic. I think we are 50/50 to get 9 wins, but 7 should be more like 80/20.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• Mad Dog wrote:
    Seymour wrote:I give him 50/50 he gets it this year still. Which if he doesn't....will he get a shot to break it next year? Not so sure he does. Point being, don't count the chickens before they hatch.

You think we are only 50-50 to get 7 wins? Given Pete has lead his teams to 7 or more wins every season since he's been here, with worse rosters than this one to boot, I think you are being overly pessimistic. I think we are 50/50 to get 9 wins, but 7 should be more like 80/20.

Last I checked, 6+2=8 :idea:
    We have 2 wins and need 6 more according to the OP.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Aros wrote:

Just stating the facts, nothing negative or disrespectful was said about Pete was it?

Why do you always have to bring your negativity about Pete into any thread on here? You do it with literally every other thread, can't there be just one thread where we can just remain positive?
    Spounge84
    NET Veteran

• Spounge84 wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    Aros wrote:

Why do you always have to bring your negativity about Pete into any thread on here? You do it with literally every other thread, can't there be just one thread where we can just remain positive?

Why do you always have exaggerate in literally every single post you make? See how silly that sounds? First thread I checked...no Pete comments. Check for yourself. If you have to tell lies to make your point you lose the point.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149334

It's called an opinion, and this is suppose to be a discussion about the thread title. What a boring world we'd be if we all shared the same exact view. They should make that a twilight zone episode......wait. :roll:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Aros wrote:

Put'n a stop to somebody's feel good shit eh?.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• 82-51-1. 5 to go. Haters can suck it.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:82-51-1. 5 to go. Haters can suck it.

Beginning to look like he'll do that this year. :irishdrinkers:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Radio team says he passed Holmgren with today’s win in London. I think they must be mistaken.
    Last edited by sc85sis on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

• sc85sis wrote:Radio team says he passed Holmgren with today’s win in London.

Yeah, I just heard that. :229031_shrug:

Perhaps they're including playoff wins, which I think Pete is leading all Seahawks coaches.

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• sc85sis wrote:It is the combo of regular and postseason. 91 total wins.

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/seahawk ... 288453.php

So Maulbert's number is reg season only, I guess?

I know that Pete has won at least one game in the post season almost every season we went.

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Yes. Regular season Pete has five to go. But he also has about 22 or so fewer regular season losses than Mike despite the 7-9 records the first two years.
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

• sutz wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:It is the combo of regular and postseason. 91 total wins.

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/seahawk ... 288453.php

So Maulbert's number is reg season only, I guess?

I know that Pete has won at least one game in the post season almost every season we went.

They don't count playoff wins with regular season wins, usually. Pete passed both Holmgren and Knox in playoff wins (alone or combined) years ago. Pete is 9-5 in the postseason with us, Holmgren was 4-6, Knox was 3-4.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• 83-51-1. 4 to go. Haters should know where to go, how to go, and when to go by now.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Not only is Pete soon going to be the winningest Seahawks head coach in the regular season, he'll do it with the best winning percentage, and by far the most playoff wins. And I wouldn't venture he's anywhere close to quitting.

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• But remember, he can't win in the NFL. He's too "rah rah"
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• 84. 3 to go.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:But remember, he can't win in the NFL. He's too "rah rah"

He’s too short... oof my bad, sorry wrong thread
    And GO HAWKS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mort
    NET Starter

• We have been really blessed to have Pete Carroll as our head coach, and John plus Paul. They got us what we always wanted which was a Superbowl victory. How can any real fan knock them is beyond me. :179417:
    CHEERS
    SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS XLVIII 43-8

Better to have a bottle in front of me,then a frontly lobotmy.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

• That's big time U got to give Coach Carroll his props!
    The office of Thomas and Chancellor specializing in Defense.
    thegreeninyoureye
    NET Veteran

• 85. 1 to tie, 2 to pass.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• "Lost their way" my a**.

Congrats Pete.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• 86. Pete has tied Mike Holmgren. 1 more to stand alone.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:86. Pete has tied Mike Holmgren. 1 more to stand alone.

Pete is 86-53-1 in the regular season as Seahawks head coach after today (.618).

Holmgren’s regular season record with Seattle was 86-74-0 (.541).

Take away the 7-9 losing seasons during a complete team rebuild the first two years and Pete’s record is truly remarkable.

Side note: The Hawks have won 51 straight when leading by four points or more at halftime.
    Last edited by sc85sis on Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

• Congrats, Coach.

Far and away the greatest coach in franchise history.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:Congrats, Coach.

And IMHO, he’s a likable guy.

I loved Holmgren when he was here but he didn’t really seem likable. If that makes ANY sense?
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Congratulations Pete! :2thumbs:
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• pmedic920 wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:Congrats, Coach.

And IMHO, he’s a likable guy.

I loved Holmgren when he was here but he didn’t really seem likable. If that makes ANY sense?

Holmgren is more reserved, for sure. I wonder if he’s an introvert by nature.

Pete is an extremely social extrovert.
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

• Well, MNF vs. the Vikes would be the perfect time to get the top spot. Congrats Pete, not bad for a guy who "can't coach in the NFL" or is "too rah rah"
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Well, MNF vs. the Vikes would be the perfect time to get the top spot. Congrats Pete, not bad for a guy who "can't coach in the NFL" or is "too rah rah"
    Don’t forget, the game has passed him by, too.

[emoji849]
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information