Pete Carroll Winningest Coach in Team History Countdown

Maulbert

Reaction score
Yesterday's win tied Pete with Chuck Knox for second most coaching victories in team history with 80. Pete is 80-50-1 as the Hawks coach, only 6 wins behind Mike Holmgren (86-74). I think Pete can catch him this year, so I am creating this as an official countdown thread. 1 down, 6 to go!

P.S. If anyone comes in here just to shit on the greatest coach in team history, go somewhere else. This is a celebration. There are plenty of places here for your sour attitudes to not ruin this.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
Maulbert":13ojnyar said:
P.S. If anyone comes in her just to shit on the greatest coach in team history, go somewhere else. This is a celebration. There are plenty of places here for your sour attitudes to not ruin this.

I like the proactive throwing down of the Gauntlet.

My favorite non-playoff victory under Carroll was that late season regular Season game vs. the Bills in 2012....I remember being so giddy as my team of so many years was just killing fools left and right (second week in a row with 50 points scored, if memory serves). Just so much fun to watch....and a precursor of the greatness to come.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
MagnificentSeven":1j3rwupp said:
Maulbert":1j3rwupp said:
P.S. If anyone comes in her just to shit on the greatest coach in team history, go somewhere else. This is a celebration. There are plenty of places here for your sour attitudes to not ruin this.

My favorite non-playoff victory under Carroll was that late season regular Season game vs. the Bills in 2012....I remember being so giddy as my team of so many years was just killing fools left and right (second week in a row with 50 points scored, if memory serves). Just so much fun to watch....and a precursor of the greatness to come.

I was at the 42-13 win over the 49ers a week later. My friend is a 49ers fan and had never been to an NFL game, so I took him. I'll never forget his scream, "SOMEBODY HIT HIM!!!" on this play:

[youtube]v4AyYF_7gHQ[/youtube]

Palmegranite

Reaction score
MagnificentSeven":3ratugn9 said:
Maulbert":3ratugn9 said:
That was the game played in Toronto at the Skydome, 80 miles north of the border and Buffalo.
I suspect Pete, Russell et al picked up a whole new entourage of Canadian fans that night. (sorry Buffalo, Canadians are still waiting for the Doug Flutie apology)

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Maulbert":3qaivlf2 said:
MagnificentSeven":3qaivlf2 said:
Maulbert":3qaivlf2 said:

I was at the 42-13 win over the 49ers a week later. My friend is a 49ers fan and had never been to an NFL game, so I took him. I'll never forget his scream, "SOMEBODY HIT HIM!!!" on this play:

[youtube]v4AyYF_7gHQ[/youtube]

Remember it well. It was hilarious.

Still is.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1050095951589732352[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1050096140824113152[/tweet]

Seymour

Reaction score
I give him 50/50 he gets it this year still. Which if he doesn't....will he get a shot to break it next year? Not so sure he does. Point being, don't count the chickens before they hatch.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Good for Pete. If he gets it then it'll be well deserved, but as Seymour said, this is still gonna be a tough year for him and the 'Hawks. Six more wins, this year at least, may be a tall order but not impossible.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Maulbert":283jwdhq said:
P.S. If anyone comes in here just to shit on the greatest coach in team history, go somewhere else. This is a celebration. There are plenty of places here for your sour attitudes to not ruin this.

PREACH IT BROTHER!!!

Pete is my favorite coach in our franchise's history. Loved Knox, Loved Holmgren, but Pete's positivity and winning gets my vote. He's going to break that record this season.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seymour":1vhvo55a said:
I give him 50/50 he gets it this year still. Which if he doesn't....will he get a shot to break it next year? Not so sure he does. Point being, don't count the chickens before they hatch.

Not sure you got the memo from the OP. :?

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":1p40g3gl said:
Seymour":1p40g3gl said:

Just stating the facts, nothing negative or disrespectful was said about Pete was it?

Jeesh... sensitive around here isn't it. :|

sc85sis

Reaction score
One day Pete will leave, and if this team is very lucky they will find a good coach and won’t then fade into obscurity after a year or two.

And some day some of those fans who are negative now will realize how good they had it while Pete was here and will wax poetic about the good old days.

Such is often the way of things with us humans.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seymour":ixq7pyt7 said:

You think we are only 50-50 to get 7 wins? Given Pete has lead his teams to 7 or more wins every season since he's been here, with worse rosters than this one to boot, I think you are being overly pessimistic. I think we are 50/50 to get 9 wins, but 7 should be more like 80/20.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mad Dog":zg5snfdr said:
Seymour":zg5snfdr said:

You think we are only 50-50 to get 7 wins? Given Pete has lead his teams to 7 or more wins every season since he's been here, with worse rosters than this one to boot, I think you are being overly pessimistic. I think we are 50/50 to get 9 wins, but 7 should be more like 80/20.

Last I checked, 6+2=8 :idea:
We have 2 wins and need 6 more according to the OP.

Spounge84

Reaction score
Seymour":t17ps0m9 said:
Aros":t17ps0m9 said:
Seymour":t17ps0m9 said:

Just stating the facts, nothing negative or disrespectful was said about Pete was it?

Why do you always have to bring your negativity about Pete into any thread on here? You do it with literally every other thread, can't there be just one thread where we can just remain positive?

Seymour

Reaction score
Spounge84":2xfodl4n said:
Seymour":2xfodl4n said:
Aros":2xfodl4n said:
Seymour":2xfodl4n said:

Why do you always have to bring your negativity about Pete into any thread on here? You do it with literally every other thread, can't there be just one thread where we can just remain positive?

Why do you always have exaggerate in literally every single post you make? See how silly that sounds? First thread I checked...no Pete comments. Check for yourself. If you have to tell lies to make your point you lose the point.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149334

It's called an opinion, and this is suppose to be a discussion about the thread title. What a boring world we'd be if we all shared the same exact view. They should make that a twilight zone episode......wait. :roll:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":tq10wvpf said:
Aros":tq10wvpf said:
Seymour":tq10wvpf said:

Put'n a stop to somebody's feel good shit eh?.